Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
BeReal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default The Real Mike Tyson

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This was a great interview, post Etienne fight, I know most people talk about the "broken back" and all but it was great to hear from an introspective Tyson talking about how boxing is more than just boxing.

I know we, as fans, have trouble letting go of the old Tyson but personally, I would love to see him do a Chavez type "Farewell Tour" but he seems content out of the game, so good luck to mike.
BeReal is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852
Default Re: The Real Mike Tyson

Mike was the freakin best. Memories of him in his early days are always good ones, and you can never get any better than "Tyson's Punch Out" for NINTENDO.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeReal
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This was a great interview, post Etienne fight, I know most people talk about the "broken back" and all but it was great to hear from an introspective Tyson talking about how boxing is more than just boxing.

I know we, as fans, have trouble letting go of the old Tyson but personally, I would love to see him do a Chavez type "Farewell Tour" but he seems content out of the game, so good luck to mike.
Mike Tyson has always been good and manipulating peoples emotions. He contradicted himself in this statement when he said fighters should respect each other and fight one another because we need the money. When Danny Williams fought Mike Tyson, Danny Williams was not paid correctly was messed around, but still Danny Williams kept his focuses and proceeded to beat Mike Tyson up. Mike Tyson should have had a rematch with Mike Tyson, Danny Williams wrote a letter to Mike Tyson calling him out. Because after the fight, everyone yet again was making every excuses under the sun for Mike Tyson, and many people where disrespecting Danny Williams.

The rematch would have been a big fight, if Mike Tyson was so confident that he could beat Danny Williams why not take the fight? Frank ****** was offering allot of money and it would of made Danny Williams allot of money. Danny Williams openly said, as a man I need the money.

So Mike Tyson was a great fighter, I will always say this, but not cut out to be a great champion. Lets not sit here and talk about “Oh this is the real Mike Tyson, oh Mike Tyson this Mike Tyson that”. Mike Tyson knows there are people out there who will always say this, he is very good and manipulating people can make people feel sorry for him. He would play with his openents emotions”

“Mike Tyson wanted you to believe he was your best friend before he mugged you” Frank Bruno

It was a good interview, but lest not start all this, saint or this is the real Mike Tyson Talk”

People thought Mike Tyson got screwed over by the game, but Mike Tyson was allot more intelligent and aware of things than what many people though, he knew how to play the game and ultimately made himself impregnable as a figure in boxing”

Mike Tyson ducked Danny Williams, I have always said it.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
boxingabc123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KOOL
Mike Tyson has always been good and manipulating peoples emotions. He contradicted himself in this statement when he said fighters should respect each other and fight one another because we need the money. When Danny Williams fought Mike Tyson, Danny Williams was not paid correctly was messed around, but still Danny Williams kept his focuses and proceeded to beat Mike Tyson up. Mike Tyson should have had a rematch with Mike Tyson, Danny Williams wrote a letter to Mike Tyson calling him out. Because after the fight, everyone yet again was making every excuses under the sun for Mike Tyson, and many people where disrespecting Danny Williams.

The rematch would have been a big fight, if Mike Tyson was so confident that he could beat Danny Williams why not take the fight? Frank ****** was offering allot of money and it would of made Danny Williams allot of money. Danny Williams openly said, as a man I need the money.

So Mike Tyson was a great fighter, I will always say this, but not cut out to be a great champion. Lets not sit here and talk about “Oh this is the real Mike Tyson, oh Mike Tyson this Mike Tyson that”. Mike Tyson knows there are people out there who will always say this, he is very good and manipulating people can make people feel sorry for him. He would play with his openents emotions”

“Mike Tyson wanted you to believe he was your best friend before he mugged you” Frank Bruno

It was a good interview, but lest not start all this, saint or this is the real Mike Tyson Talk”

People thought Mike Tyson got screwed over by the game, but Mike Tyson was allot more intelligent and aware of things than what many people though, he knew how to play the game and ultimately made himself impregnable as a figure in boxing”

That's the most pathetic post ever. He ducked Danny Williams???
boxingabc123 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
After he lost the first fight or when he was younger, because the Tyson of the Holyfield fights would have demolished the Danny Williams he fought.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
Gerard
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
This is the biggest bull**** i've ever read.
How can you duck someone you already have fought (and lost) against?!? That's a contradiction of the highest.
That's the same as saying Oscar Dela Hoya is ducking Floyd because he won't rematch.

Williams got a shot at the world title because of a shot Tyson and made good money of it (more then most of us here will ever make). He shouldn't complain if promoters tried to cut his slice or anything. The vitali purse was the highest he was ever paid.
Gerard is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
ryanty22
VRWC Sledgehammer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

i would only like to see a farewell tour of mike tyson if he is getting beaten over and over to the point of having to wear a diaper by some monster like ibragimov, or o. solis. thats what a rapist deserves other than castration
ryanty22 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #8
0-1

vCash:

A shot Mike Tyson may well have ducked a Danny Williams rematch; but it was more likely Don King (or whoever else was handling him, I think it was still King), who probably reasoned that there was a better chance of big pay days afterwards if the next fight they found a genuine tomato can for him to pound. Of course they didn't realise quite how shot he was when they found Kevin McBride to do that job, and it all went wrong...
It's a shame though, it would have been a better ending to see a Williams rematch (I do believe Tyson injured his leg in the fight, from watching it) than the McBride fiasco.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 PM   #9
Goose
Russian oligarch
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:

what are you nuts?

Tyson never ducked no one, when he fought Williams he was just a former shell of himself. Real Tyson was over with as soon as he signed with Don King, watch the Douglas fight and see what kind of ****-poor corner work Tyson was getting during the Douglas fight, they didnt even have ice for the man, they were putting somekinda condom filled with water on his face. Tyson wasnt even motivated to fight and destroy his opponent when he fought Douglas because of all the **** going on around him at the time, and you can't say that he ducked Danny Williams, Tyson was done long before he even fought Lewis, ask yourself this: when you are done how can you duck anybody? IMO, a motivated, young Tyson beats every opponent that he faces, thats my 2 cents.
Goose is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 PM   #10
ibragimovfan
Journeyman

the real mike tyson is a rapist and a psycho
ibragimovfan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum