Old 06-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #46
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Too soon to judge Ward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
It's ok coming forward against a guy as predictable as AA but he'd be met with sharp counters by Ward, Believe me he'll beat Dirrell, It will be terrible to watch but he'll get the job done, Like I said it's AA I fear for Ward as Andre likes to swith off when exchanging and I firmly believe we'll see a different AA from know on, He don't like to lose him guys, He'll start pressing fights a whole lot more..
Ward seems well open for an uppercut, still, especially from a shorter chap such as AA.

That should be the final IMO. Great clash of styles, USA vs Europe, multi-skilled Olympian boxer vs Destructive terminator.

Ward via points if it happens; though if anyone in this tournament can pull the trick on him, it'll be King Arthur
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #47
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Ward seems well open for an uppercut, still, especially from a shorter chap such as AA.

That should be the final IMO. Great clash of styles, USA vs Europe, multi-skilled Olympian boxer vs Destructive terminator.

Ward via points if it happens; though if anyone in this tournament can pull the trick on him, it'll be King Arthur

That's what I fear mate, I really want ward to win it as he'll have a bit of cross over appeal and he is beatable not like a prime Jones Jr or Mayweather.... I just hope that's the final and he stays switched on for the whole 12 rounds..

Last edited by Tony Bellew; 06-21-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes.. Dope I am..
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #48
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
That's what I fear mate, I really want ward to win it as he'll have a bit of cross over appeal and he is beatable not like a prime Jones Jr or Mayweather.... I just hope that's the final and he stays switched on for the whole 12 rounds..
I f'n hope so too, Ward vs the winner of Cloud/Dawson/Pascal inevitable fight series, will be big in the States and good for boxing IMO, as well as being an intriguing styles clash whoever of the three he meets
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #49
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I f'n hope so too, Ward vs the winner of Cloud/Dawson/Pascal inevitable fight series, will be big in the States and good for boxing IMO, as well as being an intriguing styles clash whoever of the three he meets

Dawson comes out on top in all that.. Best fight will be Pascal Vs Cloud for styles, Although Ward Vs Dawson is a blockbuster!! The Olympic medal allows him so much more..
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #50
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Dawson comes out on top in all that.. Best fight will be Pascal Vs Cloud for styles, Although Ward Vs Dawson is a blockbuster!! The Olympic medal allows him so much more..
I'm still not convinced Dawson likes it up him (no double entendre jokes Tony) and not convinced of his technical ability (which is very good no doubt but not infalible IMO) for him to outmanouever every 'live' opponent that comes his way.

I expect him to come out on top against Pascal, without much doubt in the end, but that Pascal, despite his technical deficiencies, will push 'Bad' Chad all the way.

I don't believe Dawson is top ten P4P based on what Adamek has done post-Dawson, just like I don't think Nonito is due to what Darchinyan has achieved afterwards.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum