Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
GrovesVDegale

vCash:
Default Swifty

(RE: the previous Smith v Groves thread that's been deleted)

Stephen, just curious... I don't quite get the animosity you have towards Groves - Is there a history there between you? Obviously I understand he's called out your brother a few times, but he's hardly been that disrespectful. He's said his last few fights were boring and he'd knock him out. Not exactly that bad is it. I'd be surprised if he didn't say he'd knock him out, that's the general idea after all!

In contrast, you went on Boxrec and said this:

"He gets his WAY TOO EASY!!! Go away and learn some defence rather than trying to mold yourself on David Haye.....you arent him!!! :witzend: Remember bein in Poland with Groves a few years back when he had a war with some polish bum who Degale outclassed a few weeks earlier...came home with a broken jaw! Soon as someone takes what he gives he will come unstuck, cant wait!"

Is that not disrespectful? Apart from the fact that he actually won that fight - he carried on boxing and won despite having a broken jaw - I don't understand why you've so much disdain for him?

Because it's one thing sticking up for your brother, I don't think anyone's going to knock that, but another running down Groves' ability and taking glee from his downfall. Tony Bellew's come on here and stuck up for Paul but not felt the need to run down Groves in the process, he's actually praised him.

Just think it's a shame when Britain's best fighters can't stomach to see each other do well and get a bit of press and success. It doesn't exactly encourage people to like you.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
$wifty
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Swifty

You know what, I have never had anything personal against him, when we were on squads together he was a nice lad, quiet if anythin. Hence the reason I know all this loud mouth stuff is a front, he wouldnt say boo if he seen paul face to face so why bother? And yes, it is disrespectful in my eyes, posting silly things on facebook saying im gonna knock paul smith out, comment here if u think i will (or something to that extent)...WHY? why does he need people to tell him he will? And am i meant to like the lad when he is shoutin he is gonna knock my brother out? Would you like someone sayin the same thing about yours? Dont think so.

You talk about personal stuff.....judging by your avatar, name and the fact that every post is about Groves...I think you have the personal issue with him. I couldnt care what he does in his career if im perfectly honest, im just fed up of hearing him talk sh*te mentioning my brother. Cant wait till they fight so he can shut him up which in my opinion he will...in your opinion he obviously wont.

Hope its cleared this all up and u wont post any more topics with my name hoping for people to throw their ten bobs worth in backing you up...you could have asked me this in a private message, u obviously werent bothered about my answer and my answer only
$wifty is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
$wifty
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Swifty

You know what, for you to go through another site in boxrec and drag up an old post of mine...the only one I have posted with regards to Groves...shows u obviously have an issue! I wouldnt be surprised if you were George yourself. You setting out now to make people dislike me because I put a post out ON ANOTHER SITE slagging a lad who shouts to anyone who will listen slagging my brother!

I HOPE EASTSIDE BOXING DELETES THIS THREAD ALSO.....ITS A POINTLESS DIG FROM YOU ANYWAY! IF U WANT TO SPEAK TO ME PERSONALLY THEN SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE.....STOP FISHING FOR REPLIES FROM EVERYONE ELSE TOO!
$wifty is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum