Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Denis Bakhtov-Alexander Dimitrenko

How does this one play out?

Dimitrenko won't have home advantage, Universum lost the purse bid so no complaints about dodgy judging.

Dimitrenko hasn't fought since losing to Chambers last year.

Bakhtov is coming off a 2nd stoppage win over Steffen Kretschmann, proving the 1st one wasn't a fluke.
ishy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Denis Bakhtov-Alexander Dimitrenko

Dimitrenko is a few classes above Bakhtov, IMO. Bakhtov beating Kretschmann twice wasn't as much a good thing for Bakhtov as it is an indictment for Kretschmann. Bakhtov is tough and can try to bully Dimitrenko, but I think Dimitrenko's jab is just good enough to keep Bakhtov off of him, and unlike Kretschmann, Dimitrenko won't suddenly forget how to throw punches. I think Dimitrenko takes this, something like 118-110. A mid-to-late rounds KO for Dimitrenko wouldn't surprise me though.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
How does this one play out?

Dimitrenko won't have home advantage, Universum lost the purse bid so no complaints about dodgy judging.

Dimitrenko hasn't fought since losing to Chambers last year.

Bakhtov is coming off a 2nd stoppage win over Steffen Kretschmann, proving the 1st one wasn't a fluke.
This is the first time Dmitrienko will not benefit from Universum's protection (and possible cheating). That's important to keep in mind. Just for an example of how outrageous Universum can be, check out the YouTube video of Dmitrienko "stopping" Timo Hoffman in the 12 round. It's not a valid TKO; the final knockdown isn't real (Dmitrienko pushes him down). Universum's house referee stopped the fight to make Dmitrienko's win look better in the record book. This is one of numerous examples of Universum "house" practices that have benefited Dmitrienko. That's going to be missing now.

Next, how's Dmitrienko's self-confidence? He was really outclassed by Chambers. Worse yet, Dmitrienko was actually hurt by Chambers several times. This is very bad, because Chambers -- according to insiders -- doesn't have any pop. In terms of ego, Dmitrienko may not be there anymore. He may be fragile now, psychologically.

The layoff isn't going to help Dmitrienko. One year without a real fight is a long, long time. His timing will be off. He may not get his punches off as easily or accurately as before.

Bakhtov is no world-beater, but he shouldn't be taken lightly. He's not a bum. Bakhtov can take a very heavy shot, he's got very good upper-body strength, and his stamina is excellent. Although he's not a big-time power puncher, Bakhtov can hit pretty hard if he's allowed to drive his hooks home. Certainly Bakhtov hits harder than Eddie Chambers. Bakhtov at least hits hard enough to hurt or knock out the chinny Dmitrienko with a single, well placed powerpunch.

Assuming Dmitrienko isn't too severely handicapped by the factors I mentioned above, he should win a decision. He can jab, he's got a good right, and he can put his punches together well. At his best, Dmitrienko would win this by decision -- perhaps surviving a scary moment or two -- by a comfortable margin.

But, given Dmitrienko's negatives now, and given the stylistic match-up, there's potential for Bakhtov to wear Dmitrienko down and stop him late in the fight.

Let's not forget that the promoters -- a combo of Oner (big time cheater) and German Titov (Bakhtov's long term manager) -- have every incentive to help their man win.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
A mid-to-late rounds KO for Dimitrenko wouldn't surprise me though.
Do some research into the nature of some of Dmitrienko's "kayos." You'll see things in a different light.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #5
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Dimitrenko is a few classes above Bakhtov, IMO. Bakhtov beating Kretschmann twice wasn't as much a good thing for Bakhtov as it is an indictment for Kretschmann. Bakhtov is tough and can try to bully Dimitrenko, but I think Dimitrenko's jab is just good enough to keep Bakhtov off of him, and unlike Kretschmann, Dimitrenko won't suddenly forget how to throw punches. I think Dimitrenko takes this, something like 118-110. A mid-to-late rounds KO for Dimitrenko wouldn't surprise me though.
You're overrating Dimitrenko
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #6
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 11500

Dimitrenko is moderately skilled, but how fragile is he?
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 06-22-2010, 02:08 AM   #7
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Dimitrenko is moderately skilled, but how fragile is he?
Not that fragile. Bakhtov is a fringe contender on European level. Dimitrenko is a fringe contender on world level. That´s about the how the fight would look like. Mildly competative early on, Dimitrenko starts controlling the fight using his height and jab and wins a boring UD.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #8
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Not that fragile. Bakhtov is a fringe contender on European level. Dimitrenko is a fringe contender on world level. That´s about the how the fight would look like. Mildly competative early on, Dimitrenko starts controlling the fight using his height and jab and wins a boring UD.
That depends. If Bakhtov comes to fight it is a 50/50 type of match.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #9
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bakhtov is much worse than Dimitrenko.
If Dimitrenko lost that fight he really should retire from boxing.
Vaughn Bean beat the shit out of Dimitrenko when they fought some years ago and lost a bs decision in a similar style matchup but Bakhtov is done for years and his career defining moment was when he got ktfo´d by that fat turk who himself nearly lost to any euro level fighter.
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2010, 08:22 AM   #10
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

I've always felt Dimitrenko was slightly overrated. He doesn't use his size well, very uncoordinated and gangly. Krasniqi was giving him all sorts of problems before the KO (nice body shot that was)
ishy is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 07:18 AM   #11
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

You guys are overrating Bakhtov. He's not good.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
THis!!!!!
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #13
rapidfire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Me too !!!
rapidfire is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #14
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacker View Post
You guys are overrating Bakhtov. He's not good.
Bakhtov is a "B" level talent, but he's very durable, can whack, and can keep the pressure on for 12 rounds. That may be all it takes to upset the now "unprotected" Dmitrienko. Remember, Dmitrienko probably does not take a good punch. Bakhtov could wear Dmitrienko down with heavy body shots and possibly score a kayo by shifting his attack upstairs in the later rounds.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #15
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
Bakhtov is a "B" level talent, but he's very durable, can whack, and can keep the pressure on for 12 rounds. That may be all it takes to upset the now "unprotected" Dmitrienko. Remember, Dmitrienko probably does not take a good punch. Bakhtov could wear Dmitrienko down with heavy body shots and possibly score a kayo by shifting his attack upstairs in the later rounds.
More like a Fragile,,
MaliBua is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum