kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103
Default Re: Denis Bakhtov-Alexander Dimitrenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
More like a Fragile,,
Explain yourself. The information I have on Bakhtov suggests he can take a big punch.
kenmore is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #17
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
Explain yourself. The information I have on Bakhtov suggests he can take a big punch.

When I saw him against SSS he looked Fragile to me.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #18
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post

When I saw him against SSS he looked Fragile to me.
Did you see the entire fight, or just the YouTube clip? I was surprised to see Bakthov fall like that -- he was down twice -- against Sam. Still, I think Bakhtov's problem wasn't so much a lack of durability, but more a case of not being able to block Sam's awkward shots. Sam came over the top with overhand rights, and connected often with the right uppercut. Bakhtov's defense couldn't pick off either punch, and consequently, he took lots of blows.

The YouTube highlights only show those moments when Bakhtov is worn down and wobbly. If we saw the whole fight, we'd probably see Bakhtov takes huge punishment before wearing down.

I heard that Bakhtov took lots of punishment againt Juan Carlos Gomez without going down. So maybe the Sam fight is an anomaly for Bakhtov.

Check out Bakhtov's kayo over Kretschmann, particularly the second fight. Look at the combinations Bakhtov unleashes: rapid fire hooks and rights to the head and body...all hurtful. I can't imagine Dmitrienko standing up to that punishment, assuming Bakhtov can get inside and let his hands go.

Last edited by kenmore; 07-04-2010 at 02:16 PM.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 AM   #19
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Dimitrenko SHOULD win, because his reach and jab are classy and frequent enough to keep Bakhtov off. he is definitely better than Kretschmann, so Bakhtov has to dig deep again.

Dimitrenko is not iron-chinned nor a world-beater, so who knows, if Bakhtov could make it 10 wins in a row. He has done well for the past 3 years, building his way to this EBU fight.

Bakhtov is good when he attacks, but poor when he defends. I think there are many guys even below EBU rankings, who could beat him. The reason is that he is very hittable and easy to intimidate. I donīt mean that heīs mentally weak. He is very tough and determined. But technically heīs one-dimensional and easy to confuse. Plus, quite small for a heavyweight.

In Gomez fight, Bakhtov just could not overcome southpaw jinx and reach advantage. The same was happening to him against Kretschmann, but he broke down the fragile German. SSS beat him due to his inability to avoid punches, as someone said.

Bakhtov is awkward to rate due to his varying skills. But I canīt see him winning this. Dimitrenko should hold him off with his jab and box to solid UD. If he just works hard and stays strong.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #20
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB View Post
Dimitrenko SHOULD win, because his reach and jab are classy and frequent enough to keep Bakhtov off. he is definitely better than Kretschmann, so Bakhtov has to dig deep again.

Bakhtov is awkward to rate due to his varying skills. But I canīt see him winning this. Dimitrenko should hold him off with his jab and box to solid UD. If he just works hard and stays strong.
I agree with everything you say, but in this instance, I give Bakhtov a chance because of Dmitrienko's unusual circumstances. Those circumstances are (just to repeat for emphasis), 1) one year layoff, 2) possibly battered self-confidence from the Chambers fight, 3) fighting for the first time without the protection of Universum, 4) conceding control of house conditions to a notorious manipulator, the promoter Oner.

This conditions, mixed with Bakhtov's physical and stylistic attributes, point to a possible upset.

Without the conditions I mention above, I'd pick Dmitrienko hands down.
kenmore is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum