JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: "Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson II.....Silence of the Lambs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Have you got a problem..?
Yes.....What is the name of this barber shop for future reference so I can avoid it...?!
JFT96 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #17
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Yes.....What is the name of this barber shop for future reference so I can avoid it...?!
Your not going to avoid any barber shops.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Good thread...?

"I think Chad Dawson will win this fight based off what we saw in the early stages last time. However, I wouldn't ever bet against Hopkins"
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #19
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Looks like i am going to have to subscribe to boxnation.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

You make an interesting point about Hopkins' motive for staying quiet. I feel less confident picking Dawson than I did for the first fight. Still think he'll edge it, but whatever happens there's sure to be controversy.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

will be missing this live which doesn't bother me.
Hopkins will lose this and will not be surprised if it ends in some surreal manner.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KELLY View Post
will be missing this live which doesn't bother me.
Hopkins will lose this and will not be surprised if it ends in some surreal manner.
Don't you have a chance to watch it live..?

I have slated Bernard Hopkins badly on his last performance and his crying and acting over the years, to influence fights. But the fact remains, this may be a Legends last fight..? Me personally i think Bernard Hopkins knows deep down that he cannot beat Chad Dawson, and i feel he is preparing for his last dance with death and man kinds greatest foe time itself.

I hope for his sake he can leave this game, like an honourable champion, going out on his shield fighting until the end. No games, No Gimmicks, just an honest fight, like a real warrior..? If he can do that, instead of fouling and crying, and acting like a boxing version of a soccer player.

He won't lose, no matter what the decision.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Don't you have a chance to watch it live..?

I have slated Bernard Hopkins badly on his last performance and his crying and acting over the years, to influence fights. But the fact remains, this may be a Legends last fight..? Me personally i think Bernard Hopkins knows deep down that he cannot beat Chad Dawson, and i feel he is preparing for his last dance with death and man kinds greatest foe time itself.

I hope for his sake he can leave this game, like an honourable champion, going out on his shield fighting until the end. No games, No Gimmicks, just an honest fight, like a real warrior..? If he can do that, instead of fouling and crying, and acting like a boxing version of a soccer player.

He won't lose, no matter what the decision.

un/fortunately i'll be out and boxnation will not be available..
It's all good../im saving my self for Cinco de mayo..Oooooooh!!!!!!
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #24
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Wonder if Dawson will cheat again?
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #25
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

"No, it's a moissanite ............. a what-a-night? .......... A moissanite, as in, an artificial diamond, ....... it's Mickey Mouse mate,....... spurious, .......... not genuine, ........ and it's worth ....... **** all!"

This quote from Snatch sums up the first fight for me and more importantly Bernard Hopkins' "injury".

There's two explanations and only two that can explain his actions .....

1) He saw the opportunity for another payday

2) He didn't fancy the task at hand

Bernard Hopkins did not fancy his chances on that night, and while he lay on the canvas it registered that he could get another payday if he wanted it, so he applied some amateur dramatics to seal the deal.

Now if Popkins chose to, he could have walked away from Boxing citing the injury as the end of his career, and that old father time had finally caught up with him.

He didnt though, here he is, and he's back for more.

You have to ask yourself if Dawson has his number then why is Bernard back for more?

Money?

Pressure after the questionable ending to the last fight?

Proper closure on his career?

Or does Bernard Hopkins fancy his chances against "Bad" Chad?

Personally I think he is back for the money and if Dawson had concussive power then this fight wouldn't happen.

Bernard will ask as many questions as he can of Dawson but will lose wide on points, he'll survive and win a few rounds ugly as long as the same Chad Dawson shows up.

This fight is gonna be a stinker people with B-Hop spoiling and frustrating all night long.

Dawson UD
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #26
donnie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagewm View Post
I've just read this thread........?

And like I said earlier.......

''PK IS AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND.........!?!?!?''
co-sign

Most unique and intresting style of poster i have ever seen on any forum
donnie is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #27
JudgeDredd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3424

Quote:
I was down southend of Liverpool today..? Thought about getting my hair cut..? i never usually go to the black barbers you see..? i just shave my hair myself..? like a scuff. As i got off the bus, and approached the barbers at the last moment i decided not to enter the shop.

I have had allot on my mind of late, so i decided to just walk the streets. Just go on a nice relaxed, nonchalant walk.

Many thoughts entered my mind..?

I walked from smith down road right onto lodge lane..? As i got on this road, i remember that documentary that iflim done..? with Tony Bellew, and i specifically remember Tony Bellew's comments on Bernard Hopkins.

"If you think where i am from is rough..? Where Bernard Hopkins from is a whole new ball game..? there taking the likes of me as prisoners on there, and having me work for them. Where i am from..? People are just saying hello and waving goodbye. Where he's from..? There locking you up in rooms the size of cages, yano..? thatís how youíre raised"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And thatís when i got thinking about Chad Dawson vs Bernard Hopkins.

Chad Dawson has all the physical skills to beat any fighter at 175 and 168..? his weakness is his passive mentality. He does not lack confidents at all, and he is no coward..? When its time to rumble, he rumbles.

But..? Chad Dawson does not know how good he is, or how good he can be. I have watched his fights, and itís only when he becomes pissed off, or backed into a corner..? and his corner shows real urgency..? Thatís when he switches...? he will pick up the pace, or just start simply unloading with more bombs.

But..? you cannot do that all the time at elite level, and in 12 round fights.

He is pretty much like Lennox Lewis or a Chris Eubank, but even worse..!!! Chad Dawson is content with just doing enough, and he fights within himself allot! Allot!!

These types of fighters need a spark, which sets them off.

Bernard Hopkins knows this, and has stated this in his own words. But Bernard Hopkins has also pointed out that Chad Dawson can switch..? and Bernard Hopkins wants that guy.

"And like i have said before..? Bernard Hopkins has brought more passion out of Chad Dawson..? and thatís what i wanted to see from him. Some people call it being confused..? Chad Dawson is no novice boxer, he is a former world champion, has fought amateur and professional..? I don't think he is confused............this guy knows how to fight, give fighters in general credit"

Bernard Hopkins..? Mentally gets to fighters..? i wouldnít say he scares them like Mike Tyson or Sonny Liston did. But he plants ideas and motives in there minds..? He is a clever man..? when it comes to street psychology.

First time around Hopkins tried to simply get gangster and intimidate Dawson..? but that did not work.

So now..? The silent treatment.

And i give Hopkins credit...? I like it.

Because nobody knows what Bernard Hopkins is thinking? Some people think he is unconfident, others think..? he is going to pull out of the fight.? there is a weird feeling about the build up to this fight.

And this is not physically going to affect Chad Dawson..? But mentally..? He is going to be thinking and pondering about certain things.

Bernard Hopkins knows Chad Dawson is confident, has no fear of him. Is training harder than ever..? He is not pondering about anything.

But..? Chad Dawson and his camp..? are not sure this fight will go ahead 100%, there not sure that Hopkins is training better than ever, people don't know weather something shady will happen..? Maybe Hopkins has afew entourage members/street people, that are going to try and spook Dawson.

Nobody knows, whatís going to happen..? in the remaining days of this fight.

Its professional boxing, the underworld and boxing has always been closely related..? all the way back to the Italian mafia!!

All over the world it is the same!!!

These last remaining days..? Even myself i have been looking over my shoulder..? when i am walking the streets.

Nobody is safe.

"I personally think its the end for Bernard Hopkins"
Nice post
JudgeDredd is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #28
Hands of Paper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 445

Quote:
I was down southend of Liverpool today..? Thought about getting my hair cut..? i never usually go to the black barbers you see..? i just shave my hair myself..? like a scuff. As i got off the bus, and approached the barbers at the last moment i decided not to enter the shop.

I have had allot on my mind of late, so i decided to just walk the streets. Just go on a nice relaxed, nonchalant walk.

Many thoughts entered my mind..?

I walked from smith down road right onto lodge lane..? As i got on this road, i remember that documentary that iflim done..? with Tony Bellew, and i specifically remember Tony Bellew's comments on Bernard Hopkins.

"If you think where i am from is rough..? Where Bernard Hopkins from is a whole new ball game..? there taking the likes of me as prisoners on there, and having me work for them. Where i am from..? People are just saying hello and waving goodbye. Where he's from..? There locking you up in rooms the size of cages, yano..? thatís how youíre raised"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And thatís when i got thinking about Chad Dawson vs Bernard Hopkins.

Chad Dawson has all the physical skills to beat any fighter at 175 and 168..? his weakness is his passive mentality. He does not lack confidents at all, and he is no coward..? When its time to rumble, he rumbles.

But..? Chad Dawson does not know how good he is, or how good he can be. I have watched his fights, and itís only when he becomes pissed off, or backed into a corner..? and his corner shows real urgency..? Thatís when he switches...? he will pick up the pace, or just start simply unloading with more bombs.

But..? you cannot do that all the time at elite level, and in 12 round fights.

He is pretty much like Lennox Lewis or a Chris Eubank, but even worse..!!! Chad Dawson is content with just doing enough, and he fights within himself allot! Allot!!

These types of fighters need a spark, which sets them off.

Bernard Hopkins knows this, and has stated this in his own words. But Bernard Hopkins has also pointed out that Chad Dawson can switch..? and Bernard Hopkins wants that guy.

"And like i have said before..? Bernard Hopkins has brought more passion out of Chad Dawson..? and thatís what i wanted to see from him. Some people call it being confused..? Chad Dawson is no novice boxer, he is a former world champion, has fought amateur and professional..? I don't think he is confused............this guy knows how to fight, give fighters in general credit"

Bernard Hopkins..? Mentally gets to fighters..? i wouldnít say he scares them like Mike Tyson or Sonny Liston did. But he plants ideas and motives in there minds..? He is a clever man..? when it comes to street psychology.

First time around Hopkins tried to simply get gangster and intimidate Dawson..? but that did not work.

So now..? The silent treatment.

And i give Hopkins credit...? I like it.

Because nobody knows what Bernard Hopkins is thinking? Some people think he is unconfident, others think..? he is going to pull out of the fight.? there is a weird feeling about the build up to this fight.

And this is not physically going to affect Chad Dawson..? But mentally..? He is going to be thinking and pondering about certain things.

Bernard Hopkins knows Chad Dawson is confident, has no fear of him. Is training harder than ever..? He is not pondering about anything.

But..? Chad Dawson and his camp..? are not sure this fight will go ahead 100%, there not sure that Hopkins is training better than ever, people don't know weather something shady will happen..? Maybe Hopkins has afew entourage members/street people, that are going to try and spook Dawson.

Nobody knows, whatís going to happen..? in the remaining days of this fight.

Its professional boxing, the underworld and boxing has always been closely related..? all the way back to the Italian mafia!!

All over the world it is the same!!!

These last remaining days..? Even myself i have been looking over my shoulder..? when i am walking the streets.

Nobody is safe.

"I personally think its the end for Bernard Hopkins"

You sir are an ESB G. I'm glad they gave you your ability to create threads back.
Hands of Paper is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #29
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Paper View Post

You sir are an ESB G. I'm glad they gave you your ability to create threads back.
Sound..

They have not gave me, my ability to make threads back.

This is a old thread which i edited.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #30
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Gary Shaw
Quote:
Hopkins won't even do a press conference with Chad. He wouldn't do a one-on-one with Max Kellerman and Chad. He won't do a real press conference with Chad. That tells you all that you have to know about this fight.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum