Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #46
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: "Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson II.....Silence of the Lambs"

Hopkins respects Dawson, He knows this kid has the skillset to be a great but he knows mentally he's flawed. Chad's problem for a long time is his mindset being 'not get hit, and hit!' rather then the other round. Larry Merchant drew my attention to it and i think he's spot on.

Chad is exceptional when he opens up, i mean the kid is crazy good offensively but sadly he likes to pick and chose his punches. Re-watching the second round of first fight i felt Chad cut ring off well without feinting and he also worked well inside when Hopkins did his usual throw then fall in and smother. Hopkins did start to land on gloves whereas earlier in round he was missing totally.

Chad saw a lot of Nard's work and dipped down and that's what created the problems. Nard did bore in with head a few times and did ride on Chad's back but at same time you can't chuck him off like that but that's why he's called Bad Chad i suppose .

Chad at times threw punches at range and would miss wildly and lose position but Nard wouldn't react or anticipate the counter and lost the chance. The physical aspects do favor Chad he's very athletic he's quick and nimble he has quick hands and feet and at times was able to avoid the leads/counters and fire straight back. He's got the ability to catch Nard on way in with his long arms he has a lot going for him in this fight.

Hopkins circles to Chad's left hand i think for reason he opens up more of a angle for one punch leads and counters. He will look to nick rounds and it's up to Chad to concentrate right the way through and make enough of long spell's stalking B-Hop. Because if he doesn't Bernard will nick rounds with 1 or 2 quality punches, There's one instance where Chad loosens up out of range and is flat footed and Bernard nips in and lands. It's the fine details that will win this fight.

For each man it's gonna be a mentally tiring night and that favors Hopkins but i feel the pressure Dawson will put him under will begin to tell and i think Dawson will eek out a point decision. I feel his long range punches need to be put together and he needs to be patient.

For Hopkins he'll look to let Dawson think he's the ring general while he moves left to right and feints trying to open up a chance to land. That will work in middle part of fight as he gets his range but it's when he tires which he will when Dawson starts to let his hands go a little more to head and body i can see Dawson seeing it home by 3-4 rounds. I think Dawson's volume and speed will just edge Nard's crafty counters in this.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #47
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8tBtgUT8KE[/ame]

Bernard Hopkins knows he is up against it, but what is really annoying is......

Hopkins fans who totally underrated almost any Bernard Hopkins challange.

And use terms like, he will figure him out, this guy is flawed, His mentally weak <<<<<<<<<< Bullshit.

People who use these catch phrases and say nothing esle but bullshit. There's very few people on the forum who think outside the box, and don't get all mentally retarded.

When people use these catch phrases they are playing down the share magnitude of Bernard Hopkins challange. Chad Dawson is not one demensional, he's not a novice, he is a former world champion, he's fought at light heavyweight for time, beaten tough fighters.......the kid can rumble.

"The only flaw he has, is a personality one. He needs to get up for fights, and get motivated. Would'nt you say that a pretty risky flaw to be shouting about, like he is disabled inside of the ring.

People like Chad Dawson can change like night and day, and i personally think its why Bernard Hopkins is being so so quiet. He does not want to anger Chad Dawson or spark him up anymore. Hopkins is ****ing with his head like, i do agree.......but i don't really think its going to make a difference.

You will get people here that will play down anything Chad Dawson has done, he's never been a boring fighter.......
Like i said before, he has never coped out of a fight. He has never spoiled a fight, like Bernard Hopkins.......so i honestly don't know what all thats about.

"Legends Die hard, even Legends can not be forever young".........
Bernard Hopkins is 47 years old, yes he is in shape, he has been a good fighter.............but this is a step too far"
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #48
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Top post Skills, I thing Nard circles that way because Chad is a right handed southpaw & the straight left isnt as dangerous as the right hook.

PK, great stuff as always
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #49
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

I personally think its going to be a sad night, i honestly think Hopkins would rather of fought somebody else......

But his antics during the first fight have back fired on him, not on Chad Dawson. It’s the worst thing for a boxer to be called a coward, Hopkins is no coward but....

"Reporters have accused him of getting out of the fight, i posted the video in the general forum"

He is a crafty individual, and i honestly and truly believe that he found an way out of the last fight.......for some tactical reason.

Come on guys...

We have all watched boxing for many years; we have seen fighters dislocate their shoulders inside of the ring. I have witnessed people dislocate there shoulders right infront of my eye's, i saw this happen when i used to play basketball.

Watch the Danny Williams vs Mark Potter fight, watch Jean Pascal's fight when his shoulder kept dislocating.

Trust me....

Bernard Hopkins did not dislocated his shoulder, it looked nothing like a shoulder dislocation. There has never been no MRI scan sent to Dawson camp or showed to the WBC.

But it’s all irrelevant now anyway...

I just feel that Hopkins feels pressured to go take this fight again, i think he will fight hard......

But it just won't be enough.

It will be sad night....

Dislocated Shoulder.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY1jzjTjIhY[/ame]

This was not a dislocated shoulder........seriously wake up guys, and be honest with yourself.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNGpDL06OII&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by Primadonna Kool; 04-26-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #50
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Top post Skills, I thing Nard circles that way because Chad is a right handed southpaw & the straight left isnt as dangerous as the right hook.

PK, great stuff as always
Didn't know that, Makes more sense now .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #51
Diamante

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
''Your gay as well''

Old 04-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #52
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Note: For me this is complete and utter panic from Nazim Richardson, complete and utter share confusion. When Bernard Hopkins was a young monster nobody could turn him back..? what excalty does that mean Nazim..? you ****ing mong.

Nazim Richardson should keep his mouth shut, Bernard Hopkins is going above and beyond the call of duty, and does not need this ****ing Narnia mong, telling his ****ing mythical stories again.

The best was when he was going on about dragons, when Shane Mosley was facing Floyd Mayweather. But i do think Nazim Richardson is right about the mind games, remember Jermaine Taylor..? he went 24 rounds with Bernard Hopkins, did he look mentally confused or afriad..? no......and he lack real experience, unlike Chad Dawson.

So i actually do agree that people need to shut the **** up about, magical star wars mind tricks.

Nazim Richardson interview.

His prediction on what critics and fans will be saying about the Hopkins-Dawson rematch when all is said and done:

ďLet me just tell you something that I want to clarify. Bernardís going to be mad at me because Iím giving it to the media, because he didnít want to give it to the media. But I will. The reason why Bernard wouldnít do stare downs and why he didnít want to do the stare downs from the first press conference is because Bernard, and Iím an advocate of it, too! Iím so sick of hearing about how Bernard got in this personís head, how Bernard got in that personís head, if he blinks his eye, did you see the way Bernard blinked his eye? Oh heís a cagey veteran! He blinked his eye and got in the kidís head! Oh did you see the way he tipped his hat? That made Chad mad at the weigh-in! All of this Bernard got in his head, and nobody says Bernard can fight! He always got in somebodyís head. He plays head games! Well if he can play head games why doesnít he just sit on the couch, call the head game in, and just relax and get his check? I mean itís ridiculous, and when he beats one of these guys he got in his head! Thatís why he didnít want to do the stare downs or nothing. You canít say he looked in his eyes in he did that, he said something at the press conference and that did that to him. There will be none of that! It will have to show that Bernard can fight and he is still willing to train and sacrifice his body and his time away from his family to make the commitment to deal with these young guys, while these young guys are out buying Bentleys and being rock stars.

Theyíre going to say Bernard got in Chadís head! ĎChad was doing good and then when Bernard landed that one body shot he mentally did this to Chadí. Or ĎBernard stepped around and he started mentally looking in Chadís eyes!í Thatís how I answer the question. Itís going to be the same old, same old! Bernard got in his head! Somehow Bernard manipulated him and got in his head. Itís the same old thing! Like I said, itís boxing. Itís boxing. People got to write something. What are you going to do? Not do your job? Somebody has got to write something! When you got a guy whoís been around as many years as Bernard what are you going to write that hasnít been written? If you want to go back to his prison stint, this, that, or the other thing, what can you write that hasnít been written? You got to write something!

But like I said and I told people, Chad with these young guys, and I said it a long time ago in the light heavyweight division. I said Chad is the most technically sound. Me and Bernard argued about that. He disagrees. I said Chad was the most technically sound of the young guys. Chad has never been a superstar. They tried to make him one, they do interviews, they want to make him a superstar because boxing needs superstars to go forward! The Oscars and all of these guys have retired. So they need future stars. So they pushed. So people want to see the next guy! We want to see the next thing that we can follow for a long time, because we love the sport! So they tried to make him a superstar, but heís not! Heís a champion. Heís a guy who knows how to win 7 out of 12 rounds. That makes you a champion. There is nothing flashy. There is nothing flamboyant about him. He can do different haircuts and do whatever he wants. You just have to have that to come out with that swagger or not. Some guys got it. Some guys donít. He donít have it! He can fight! Heís technically sound! I said Pascal is the most dangerous, because he closes his eyes and he swings for the fence every time. So there is always a chance he can land something, and if a 12 year old kid hits you the way Pascal is swinging he can buzz you. If a 12 year old kid closes his eyes and swings with all of his might, he will sting you with the shot. Thatís why Pascal is the most dangerous, and the most aggressive was Tavoris Cloud. So this is what the young guys bring to the table.

Now for the veterans itís time to turn it back. Thatís the job. The question before us is can we turn these young talents back? When Bernard was a young monster there was nobody that could turn him back. When Shane was a young monster, the veterans couldnít turn him back. So now they have to learn from that and see if they can turn these kids back for a second. We know the clock donít stop ticking for nobody. So I donít care how great you are. You know Muhammad Ali isnít going to get in there right now and outbox Klitschko. The clock doesnít start ticking for nobody. We understand that, but you can turn back some of these young boys for a second or two. If they donít have the athleticism to supersede the veteranís experience, then they put them on pause. Theyíre young. They can bounce back. Saul Alvarez can always come back. Chad Dawson is a young man. He can still come back. Bernard and Shane are not going to be there forever, but for right now itís our job to hold that minute hand on that clock and say wait a minute! Give me one second. So then weíre going to put the stop watch on them and keep it moving.Ē

His views on the fact that whenever someone has doubted Bernard Hopkins he seems to rise to the occasion:

ďWell like I said theyíre going to doubt him. Now my thing was Chad made a statement that kind of threw me off balance. Chad said, ĎBernard was scared of meí. Now no disrespect to Chad, because like I said Iíve known him since he was a child. No disrespect, but Ďafraid of youí? Yo! I had a stroke and Iím an old man and I ainít afraid of you! If Chad swung on me, Iíd swing back! If Klitschko swung on me, Iíd go look for a gun! But if Chad swung on me, Iíd swing back. Chad donít have a highlight that makes you afraid of him. Tyson had highlights that would make you say, ĎIím not even going to get in the ring with this dude!í He had highlights that make you afraid of him. Chad donít have no highlights that make you afraid of him. When theyíre doing his highlight reels now, you can see them digging for things to try and show how serious he is. He knows how to win 7 rounds out of 12. Now Floyd and a few other of these boys, they know how to win 12 rounds out of 12. Youíve seen Bernard with Trinidad win 12 rounds out of 12. Chad knows how to win 7 rounds out of 12. You have never seen him fight and win every single round. He doesnít have that in him. Jermain Taylor never lost a round until he fought Bernard Hopkins. This is the difference in some athletes. You said it. Theyíre going to count him out. Theyíre going to count Bernard out. I told Bernard these are your fans! The ones who are counting you out are doing more for your career than the ones who are supporting you. The ones who are counting you out are the ones who motivate you.

Bernard has upset the pot so many times, he has turned back the naysayers so many times, that naysayers donít even look bad any more when he turns them back. The public doesnít even come on them and say look, we told yaíll so. You canít even go back in the gym and tease the guy and say, ĎSee I told you what Bernard was going to do!í Itís so secondary that youíre like yeah, Bernard did it again. As we look in the future weíre going to say, ĎRemember back in the day when Bernard Hopkins used to keep pushing back those young boysí. Itís how we used to say Ray Leonard used to keep coming out of retirement. But this weekend we deliver it, so we get to enjoy it! We get to enjoy it up close and personal.Ē
Old 04-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #53
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5HnetDO5eg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Short stare down video.

Bernard Hopkins: 173.5

"Hopkins looks trim, looks athletic, looks pissed off"

Chad Dawson: 174.5
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #54
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Bernard Hopkins taking some sort of a break down.......

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 04-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #55
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict

vCash: 179

Brief post as I cba to explain it fully. All of the talk in the build up has been about how Bernard Hopkins is "scared" of him due to the fact he supposedly refused to do any pressers/face off etc etc with him. Do you think this is somewhat of a ploy from Hopkins in order to give Chad an inflated sense of self confidence? Strange thinking, I know but Dawson has always had trouble with complacency & if he's so confident he'll win due to how Bhop has been acting (or the seeds that he's planted in Dawson's head) does the Hopkins camp maybe think it'll lead to Chad being complacent again which would give Hopkins more of a chance?

If that makes sense...
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #56
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Hopkins respects Dawson, He knows this kid has the skillset to be a great but he knows mentally he's flawed. Chad's problem for a long time is his mindset being 'not get hit, and hit!' rather then the other round. Larry Merchant drew my attention to it and i think he's spot on.

Chad is exceptional when he opens up, i mean the kid is crazy good offensively but sadly he likes to pick and chose his punches. Re-watching the second round of first fight i felt Chad cut ring off well without feinting and he also worked well inside when Hopkins did his usual throw then fall in and smother. Hopkins did start to land on gloves whereas earlier in round he was missing totally.

Chad saw a lot of Nard's work and dipped down and that's what created the problems. Nard did bore in with head a few times and did ride on Chad's back but at same time you can't chuck him off like that but that's why he's called Bad Chad i suppose .

Chad at times threw punches at range and would miss wildly and lose position but Nard wouldn't react or anticipate the counter and lost the chance. The physical aspects do favor Chad he's very athletic he's quick and nimble he has quick hands and feet and at times was able to avoid the leads/counters and fire straight back. He's got the ability to catch Nard on way in with his long arms he has a lot going for him in this fight.

Hopkins circles to Chad's left hand i think for reason he opens up more of a angle for one punch leads and counters. He will look to nick rounds and it's up to Chad to concentrate right the way through and make enough of long spell's stalking B-Hop. Because if he doesn't Bernard will nick rounds with 1 or 2 quality punches, There's one instance where Chad loosens up out of range and is flat footed and Bernard nips in and lands. It's the fine details that will win this fight.

For each man it's gonna be a mentally tiring night and that favors Hopkins but i feel the pressure Dawson will put him under will begin to tell and i think Dawson will eek out a point decision. I feel his long range punches need to be put together and he needs to be patient.

For Hopkins he'll look to let Dawson think he's the ring general while he moves left to right and feints trying to open up a chance to land. That will work in middle part of fight as he gets his range but it's when he tires which he will when Dawson starts to let his hands go a little more to head and body i can see Dawson seeing it home by 3-4 rounds. I think Dawson's volume and speed will just edge Nard's crafty counters in this.
Top post I'm really interested in this fight...will Bernard "hear the warden"?
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #57
armhard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Donna....Is it O'K to go out now....has the Nation stopped living in fear.....Only I'm known as a bit of a hard case in Weybridge the stock broker belt and people keep asking my mum where I am,she has to lie and tell them I've got a squiffy tummy.....So if its OK I'll oil up my bike and pay a few clubs a visit..If you know what I mean
armhard is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #58
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan91 View Post
Brief post as I cba to explain it fully. All of the talk in the build up has been about how Bernard Hopkins is "scared" of him due to the fact he supposedly refused to do any pressers/face off etc etc with him. Do you think this is somewhat of a ploy from Hopkins in order to give Chad an inflated sense of self confidence? Strange thinking, I know but Dawson has always had trouble with complacency & if he's so confident he'll win due to how Bhop has been acting (or the seeds that he's planted in Dawson's head) does the Hopkins camp maybe think it'll lead to Chad being complacent again which would give Hopkins more of a chance?

If that makes sense...
yeah makes sense bhop best chance is if he can make chad coast both physically and mentally like he has done before and outwork,grind him down or catch him.bhop would love chad to perform like Sillakh did last night
pong is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #59
doug.ie
broadcasting from a shed
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

i've been feeling like shit for days over this fight.
i'm a huge hopkins fan, i see subtle things in the way he works that just amaze me...i think he's an artist in the ring, and got an amazing boxing brain.
but, it's an ali v holmes / marciano v louis situation tonight methinks...can't expect anything from him at this age, and dawson is proper good.
i don't want to see him humiliated and beat up bad.
hope the old man comes out safe.
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #60
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.ie View Post
i've been feeling like shit for days over this fight.
i'm a huge hopkins fan, i see subtle things in the way he works that just amaze me...i think he's an artist in the ring, and got an amazing boxing brain.
but, it's an ali v holmes / marciano v louis situation tonight methinks...can't expect anything from him at this age, and dawson is proper good.
i don't want to see him humiliated and beat up bad.
hope the old man comes out safe.
Safe and with the W. Believe it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Anyone got a start time, our time?
McGrain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum