Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Poor Performance by Mundine

If Mundine fought the way he did last night against Kessler or any of the top guys in the division he would get beaten, and beaten badly. To take a guy on the level of Neivas the distance is down right embarrassing. He proved that he doesn't posses the offensive arsenal to trouble the top guys. He couldn't put his combinations together, even against a guy who just stood in front of him not throwing at times, and he defended without counter punching for long periods of time. He didn't use angles, wouldn't let his hands go, and really used a very limited range of shots. Mundine is going backwards fighting opponents like this.
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Poor Performance by Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
If Mundine fought the way he did last night against Kessler or any of the top guys in the division he would get beaten, and beaten badly. To take a guy on the level of Neivas the distance is down right embarrassing. He proved that he doesn't posses the offensive arsenal to trouble the top guys. He couldn't put his combinations together, even against a guy who just stood in front of him not throwing at times, and he defended without counter punching for long periods of time. He didn't use angles, wouldn't let his hands go, and really used a very limited range of shots. Mundine is going backwards fighting opponents like this.
There's already an excuse been thought up mate - he has a torn bicep according to what I've read on here this morning
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He didnt look like a "word champ" did he.

But what round did he hurt his arm?

I dont like him on bit , but you cant fight with a torn bicep
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

yeah his standard seems to be dropping - as with anything, when the challenge is less the mind adapts to that standard. I fore see in the next year and a half just continuous "warm up fights" against bums, a beating by someone good and then a change in weight division with his tail between his legs
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #5
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
There's already an excuse been thought up mate - he has a torn bicep according to what I've read on here this morning
As soon as I saw the ice pack on the arm after the fight I knew something was going to happen like that. Its rubbish. He was throwing punches okay, it was how he was putting them together, and the angles he was using and types of punches that really stank. It was not a world champion effort that is for sure, and it was certainly not a world champion opponent.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Mundine was being way too complacent against Nievas.
I agree with the rest, this sort of performance if anything makes his career go backwards.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #7
doddster

in my opinion i thought he was just going through the motions.i thought he used angles pretty good and got himself in position to apply pressure but i agree he didnt let his hands go.how embarrassing for nievas to only land a handful of clean punches in the entire fight?
doddster is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #8
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doddster
in my opinion i thought he was just going through the motions.i thought he used angles pretty good and got himself in position to apply pressure but i agree he didnt let his hands go.how embarrassing for nievas to only land a handful of clean punches in the entire fight?
I think it is more embarrasing for Mundine to pick such an opponent.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #9
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
As soon as I saw the ice pack on the arm after the fight I knew something was going to happen like that. Its rubbish. He was throwing punches okay, it was how he was putting them together, and the angles he was using and types of punches that really stank. It was not a world champion effort that is for sure, and it was certainly not a world champion opponent.

for **** sake some of the shit your read in this place....no one said he was an a+ fighter Mundines last two fights were world class performances namley he ktfo out of soliman a guy that made winky wright look ordinary (you remeber that dont you did you post ABOUT WINKY AFTER THAT????) and put on an absolute clinic over danny green....which if yu had watched it was an exceptional display.

I could name an 'average fight' on the resume of any of the top ten p4p list

Stop hatin its all over your posts.
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Mundine was being way too complacent against Nievas.
I agree with the rest, this sort of performance if anything makes his career go backwards.

KEGSY ffs stop being a dickhead....he pitched a shut out was it pefect??? No ....it wasnt but it was still a beat down how the hell does it make his career go backwards????

Think up injteliigent stuff to post did Hattons fights against Collazo and Urango (both of which were less then perfect) make his career go backwards???

Since when does staying busy in the ring make you go backwards???

Hatton came back and put it all togther in a big fight as has mundine recently with Green and Soliman and which he will again when he faces other big names.

relax and go hug a lama
Old 06-27-2007, 10:21 PM   #11
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There's no 2 ways about it, if you can hang in there early with Mundines speed, then i have no doubt towards the middle to late rds if you pressure him than he will struggle.

Nievis showed signs of that last night the only problem was he's a B grader...........tough as but certainly a lvl below the top guys.
kel is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #12
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
I think it is more embarrasing for Mundine to pick such an opponent.
As its been posted so many times....in between big names and big fights let him square off against who evr the **** he wants to ???
Have you guys forgot his last two fights were beat downs on both danny green and sam soliman very tought fights in anyones book...just ask winky wright.

Fact is I have no doubt Mundine is looking for the big names just as much as anyone else ...its like Khoder nasser said in interview it takes months if not years to negotiate the big fights we all know that if someone wants to stay busy then so be it .....boxing fans have got to be the most critical fans in the world
Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #13
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
KEGSY ffs stop being a dickhead....he pitched a shut out was it pefect??? No ....it wasnt but it was still a beat down how the hell does it make his career go backwards????

Think up injteliigent stuff to post did Hattons fights against Collazo and Urango (both of which were less then perfect) make his career go backwards???

Since when does staying busy in the ring make you go backwards???

Hatton came back and put it all togther in a big fight as has mundine recently with Green and Soliman and which he will again when he faces other big names.

relax and go hug a lama
I agree mate Mundine looked good at times yes, but i just felt he didnt send the right signal to his rivals by taking the fight the distance.
Especially since that Mundine is in his prime.
Still tho i give credit to Nievas, showed a much bigger heart than any of us would have thought.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #14
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

Quote:
As its been posted so many times....in between big names and big fights let him square off against who evr the **** he wants to ???
Have you guys forgot his last two fights were beat downs on both danny green and sam soliman very tought fights in anyones book...just ask winky wright.

Fact is I have no doubt Mundine is looking for the big names just as much as anyone else ...its like Khoder nasser said in interview it takes months if not years to negotiate the big fights we all know that if someone wants to stay busy then so be it .....boxing fans have got to be the most critical fans in the world
get your tounge out of his ass u have no arguement dude refering to past fights and green and solimon were tough fights but with the boasting he has been doing fans would be expecting him to face his mandatory or at least someone in the top 10
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #15
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
for **** sake some of the shit your read in this place....no one said he was an a+ fighter Mundines last two fights were world class performances namley he ktfo out of soliman a guy that made winky wright look ordinary (you remeber that dont you did you post ABOUT WINKY AFTER THAT????) and put on an absolute clinic over danny green....which if yu had watched it was an exceptional display.

I could name an 'average fight' on the resume of any of the top ten p4p list

Stop hatin its all over your posts.
That was not his last two fights. He fought another nobody (Acosta, the guy who drew with Nievas) in between Green and Soliman.

Last edited by boxfan99; 06-27-2007 at 10:33 PM.
boxfan99 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum