Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky...

Floyd Mayweather last night vowed to wipe the floor with Ricky Hatton.

The american legend fumed: "Ive never wanted to hurt an opponent like I do Hatton." Mayweather, 30 confirmed he will end his retirememt to set up a PPV blockbuster against the hitman.
Hatton shot from the lip on Sunday night after retaining his IBO light-welter title against Castillo, insisting that the fight had contained more excitement than pretty boys whole career.
Mut Mayweather rapped: "I was retired but I'll sign to fight hatton right now.
"I have tried to let the things he said about me slide by, but now hes dissing me on national TV & I want to shut him up.
"For me, boxing is a science- but it will be a pleasure to prove to the world what a great phoney the guy is.
"Hatton cannot fight. He cannot box. He throws one punch at a time & then holds. There is no skill to what he does in the ring. He has got zero skills. Hatton is the most over-rated fighter of the last 25 years. He beat an old Kostya Tszyu & he beat n old Castillo, who was shot.
"I beat Castillo twice and the first time I did it with one hand because the other was so messed up. That was five years ago when castillo was in his prime"

Hattons rival world 10stone champ champ Junior Witter is convinced Hatton, 28, would tke a pounding if he does get it on with Mayweather. the yorkshireman, 32 said "Ricky would get completely outboxed. I dont think he would get anywhere near Mayweather." & Witter is convinced pretty boy would wreck hattons reign- & his unbeaten 43 fight record.
The WBC champ added: "I dont believe Hatton would have as good a go as DLH. He hasnt got the movement to catch up with Mayweather.
"If you cant pin Mayweather down- & if you are not an extremely capable boxer at world level, then you have no chance. And that isnt what Ricky is about.
"hed get picked off & picked off as long as it lasted. I dont see hatton quitting, but I think he would quickly lose his edge. Id expect it to end with the referee stopping it"

Witter is desperate to fight hatton, claiming he hs been avoiding him for years. But he did not even bother staying up to watch Hatton dispose of Castillo.
Witter said "I didnt think it was going to be much of a fight. Castillo wasnt big enough and looked shot as a top level fighter in his previous outing. Ricky now says he wants a big fight in England but there wont be enough money for a Mayweather fight here. "Im the only big fight in Britain for Hatton. Its something that can definitely be done. Theres absolutely no reason why not. "Its all down to hatton. Wembley would suit me fine but I would fight him in manchester, his back garden, anywhere. Im not fussed- as long as the bell goes & its him and me"

Hatton hs been offered the chnce to fight IBF champ Malignaggi. The new yorker said "I can beat Hatton. hes so flawed, so one dimensional"

Last edited by Dunky McCafferty; 06-27-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky...

For **** sake does Witter want to fight Hatton or is he secretly attracted to him? Schoolyard stuff!
Charles187 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky...

But will Mayweather come to the UK to fight hatton if he wants him so bad? I doubt it
David UK is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #4
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

For what its worth, I think Ricky has the perfect style to beat Mayweather, great footwork, underrated hand speed and he can lunge with his punches to great effect. Floyd doesnt stand a chance in hell of hurting him either.
Nemesis is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Hatton-Witter - let's see it. Settle the score. That's the fight I want to see.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972

Damn, Hatton's the only champ I know that everybody and their grandmother claims they can beat. Well, at least it's all champs claiming they can beat him. I believe at least 2 of the 3.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #7
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

only mayweather and witter have a chance against hatton at 140
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #8
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
For what its worth, I think Ricky has the perfect style to beat Mayweather, great footwork, underrated hand speed and he can lunge with his punches to great effect. Floyd doesnt stand a chance in hell of hurting him either.
Yup! A quick pressure fighter is the sorta guy that could give Floyd a few problems. I do feel though that if he could hurt Oscar then Hatton is vulnerable.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667
Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky.

Mayweather would dust Hatton. But then he would beat everyone else too, so there is not shame in that.

Hatton would beat Witter. I have watched just about every Witter fight, and been ringside for two, including his fight with Corley. He has a punchers chance, but that is it.
He is not what he was 3 years ago and he gets sloppy and tired as the fight progresses, Hatton would maul him. But Witters power carries to the end even when he is looking ****ed and not fighting well, so it could still be exciting.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Mayweather would dust Hatton. But then he would beat everyone else too, so there is not shame in that.

Hatton would beat Witter. I have watched just about every Witter fight, and been ringside for two, including his fight with Corley. He has a punchers chance, but that is it.
He is not what he was 3 years ago and he gets sloppy and tired as the fight progresses, Hatton would maul him. But Witters power carries to the end even when he is looking ****ed and not fighting well, so it could still be exciting.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #11
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

I will tell you this though, I do NOT for a second believe that junior went to his bed & didnt bother watching the fight, I KNOW that if Junior dislikes hatton as much as he appears to, he would have been watching, hoping against hope Castillo beat him. Thats why I tuned in after all

You have to admire Witter though. Hes been chasing Hatton for years, & is willing to fight on Hattons terms & has even said he will forfeit his purse if it means getting Hatton into the ring with him.

No matter what the Hatton fans say, its purely Hattons fault this fight never happens. & as I have said in another thread, his refusal to fight Witter will damage his legacy. Cos beating a major domestic rival like Witter is a MUST if a fighter wants to go down as a great on these shores. Hatton has never featured in a domestic grudge match, or beat a big prospect from these shores who has called him out, like Olusegun for instance.

If Hatton has a homecoming fight & doesnt face an elite fighter or his nemesis Witter or a brash prospect from these shores like Olusegun for instance?

Its just another let down. Over to Ricky.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:49 PM   #12
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

mayweather would crush hatton. no doubt
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 04:22 AM   #13
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

witters wants to get a big pay day
faisal is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 05:31 AM   #14
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's not even that IMO, Witter simply wants to earn himself some publicity by "piggy backing" off of Hatton's name. Hence stunts like coming out with a "I'll fight for nothing" statement when Hatton is already contracted to face Urango and then Castillo. Witter appears extremely jealous of Hatton. He doesn't like the fact that Hatton tooks three times the number of fans to Vegas for Castillo as turned out to watch his own title winning bout with Corley. The fact is, Witter may be a very talented fighter, but for various reasons (not great to watch, no big fanbase) he's insignificant on the biggest stage. If he was calling for the likes of Mayweather, Cotto, DLH, they would be saying "who the hell is this guy"? The reason he keeps rabbiting on about Hatton is because some people will buy this idea he keeps pumping out of being Hatton's rival. Hatton, meanwhile, simply couldn't give a stuff about him. He can fight Tszyu, Castillo and (possibly) Mayweather. For Witter, there's always a rematch with Salvadore Battaglia.
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 05:58 AM   #15
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
I will tell you this though, I do NOT for a second believe that junior went to his bed & didnt bother watching the fight, I KNOW that if Junior dislikes hatton as much as he appears to, he would have been watching, hoping against hope Castillo beat him. Thats why I tuned in after all

You have to admire Witter though. Hes been chasing Hatton for years, & is willing to fight on Hattons terms & has even said he will forfeit his purse if it means getting Hatton into the ring with him.

No matter what the Hatton fans say, its purely Hattons fault this fight never happens. & as I have said in another thread, his refusal to fight Witter will damage his legacy. Cos beating a major domestic rival like Witter is a MUST if a fighter wants to go down as a great on these shores. Hatton has never featured in a domestic grudge match, or beat a big prospect from these shores who has called him out, like Olusegun for instance.

If Hatton has a homecoming fight & doesnt face an elite fighter or his nemesis Witter or a brash prospect from these shores like Olusegun for instance?

Its just another let down. Over to Ricky.

Dunky you are 100% correct.

Hatton has avoided Witter for no good reason. I noticed that on the Setanta Sports documentary he was mad at Barry McGuigan who said he should fight Junior Witter. Irrespective of the result he needs to fight Witter or Ajose Olusegun in a homecoming fight.

PBF will kick his arse and I think Hatton and his team know this. A man who really lost to Luiz Collazo has no chance against PBF. I pretty sure Hatton and his team will make all the noises then instead fight someone like Malignaggi who is not a real threat. Quite shameful really.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum