Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #46
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
I appreciate he was decent at super featherweight, but at this point in time up at LWW and WW I can't agree he is anywhere near even this past prime Castillo.
Right now no but say just after he beat Millett I'd put Gatti as a better fighter then Castillo.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #47
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky...

Witter annoys me so much. He's an absolute hypocrite. He talks abotu Hatton ducking him, yet if he was good enough, he would force the fight to happen. Look at Malignaggi. Is he great? Not really, but he is putting himself into positions to fight great fighters, like Hatton. Witter is so happy to collect an easy payday by fighting nobodies, that it sounds absolutely pathetic when he calls out the big names.

If he wants to fight Hatton, he should force it to happen. get the **** out of Sheffield, get a good promoter, some undercard bouts in America, and build himself up. Like Hatton did. Until he does that, he isn't in any position to call out the big dogs when his best win is over 'Chop Chop', who was finished when he fought Witter.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #48
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
You make me feel like screaming...

YES, I know he is growing in popularity but he has no value to a fighter at the end of his career who is looking for big money, legacy fights.

If Hatton beats him, everyone will say "Ajose got moved along too fast" - if Hatton loses then he's screwed up any chance of getting a big name fight again.

there's no reward whatever he does.

I'm not denigrating your guy - I'm sure he's great, but you have to see the argument here.
Hatton cannot beat Ajose. Ajose has been calling him out since 2004. People want to see good fighters fight not mismatches.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #49
Hitman_Hatton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Hatton cannot beat Ajose. Ajose has been calling him out since 2004. People want to see good fighters fight not mismatches.
Mate with all due respect after the momentum Ricky has gathered with his win on saturday and fights with Cotto and Mayweather being thrown around that Ricky or HBO are seriously going to consider Ajose Olusegun? Im sorry to burst your bubble but you are deluded if you think theres a slight possibility of this happening in the near future.
Hitman_Hatton is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #50
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Hatton cannot beat Ajose. Ajose has been calling him out since 2004.
I've been calling out Tyson since 1992, the ****er is running scared...
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #51
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I have never heard anything of this guy calling Hatton out. But even if he did, in 2004, he was a 10-0 prospect whilst Hatton was a contender on the verge of a title shot.

Point is, he may be a very good fighter. I haven't seen him to judge. But I consider myself a pretty hardcore boxing fan and I'm not familiar with Olusegun. So if I don't know him, you can bet the rest of the world doesn't. Hatton is certainly not going to fight him next and quite rightly because he would get panned in the press if he did so! If Olusegun gets himself into the world rankings, beats a few ranked contenders, he may be in the mix. Right now, the best fights for Hatton at 140 IMO are Mbaye, Malignaggi or the Witter-Harris winner.
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #52
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO
I have never heard anything of this guy calling Hatton out. But even if he did, in 2004, he was a 10-0 prospect whilst Hatton was a contender on the verge of a title shot.

Point is, he may be a very good fighter. I haven't seen him to judge. But I consider myself a pretty hardcore boxing fan and I'm not familiar with Olusegun. So if I don't know him, you can bet the rest of the world doesn't. Hatton is certainly not going to fight him next and quite rightly because he would get panned in the press if he did so! If Olusegun gets himself into the world rankings, beats a few ranked contenders, he may be in the mix. Right now, the best fights for Hatton at 140 IMO are Mbaye, Malignaggi or the Witter-Harris winner.
Ajose are gunning for a crack at the WBC title. He was number before he won the Commonwealth title. Now as the combined African and Commonwealth he moves into the top 10 and will become the mandatory so he can no longer be avoided. I agree Hatton does not need him because the last thing Hatton is an extremely fast boxer puncher with supreme skills, excellent defence, great chin and ring genelaship, fasts hands and feet coupled with variety.

Check out his fight with Bradley Pryce on Youtube when he was a given a weeks notice and see what he did to Pryce the curren Commonwealth Light Middleweight champion. Then come back and tell me whether he can fight or not.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #53
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

No, the last thing Hatton needs is an unknown prospect...
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #54
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
No, the last thing Hatton needs is an unknown prospect...
I agree Hatton needs Ajose like the plague. Should they fight then the fight with PBF, Cotto etc will never happen for Hatton as he might never recover from what happens when he is taken back to school.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:49 AM   #55
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

You're a funny guy!

I've just watched the Pryce fight, your man looks OK for a 13 fight pro but nothing too special. I'm not saying that for the sake of it or to make a point that just how I see it.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #56
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
You're a funny guy!

I've just watched the Pryce fight, your man looks OK for a 13 fight pro but nothing too special. I'm not saying that for the sake of it or to make a point that just how I see it.
Remember that was with 1 weeks notice as late substitute. Now check out his fight against Ali Nuumbembee as see how he dealt with him.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #57
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

GazOC did you see the post fight interview after he stopped Pryce calling out all the others Hatton, Witter, Lynes, Bami & co saying he would knock them out?
Old 06-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #58
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I didn't see the post fight interview but calling out people doesn't really prove anything. I'll check out the other fight on YouTube though! I didn't know he was a late sub for the Pryce fight, very nice scalp for him if thats the case.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #59
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff

Hatton's not avoiding him, he just doesn't care.
hatton fans have said the same about Junior Witter for years, & the hitter now not only is a world champ, but has the most prestigious belt also.

& still the Hatton fans say hes not in Rickys league & Ricky couldnt care less about him

No wonder so many think Hatton fans are delusional.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 05:22 AM   #60
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
hatton fans have said the same about Junior Witter for years, & the hitter now not only is a world champ, but has the most prestigious belt also.

& still the Hatton fans say hes not in Rickys league & Ricky couldnt care less about him

No wonder so many think Hatton fans are delusional.
Dunky you are so correct. Until Hatton takes on the true challenges rather than names on the slide then his legacy will remain tarnished.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum