Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-01-2007, 07:31 AM   #61
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167
Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky...

i'm a brit and i'm gonna support my fellow englishman, if hatton looses i know he'll have hurt mayweather so bad that he'd send him into permenant retirement.
faisal is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #62
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611
Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky.

Mayweather will stop Hatton after totally outclassing him
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #63
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
hatton fans have said the same about Junior Witter for years, & the hitter now not only is a world champ, but has the most prestigious belt also.

& still the Hatton fans say hes not in Rickys league & Ricky couldnt care less about him

No wonder so many think Hatton fans are delusional.
Why did you quote a remark made about one fighter (Ajose) and take it out of context to push your agenda on another fighter (Witter)? Its not really fair on the person who made the original (correct) comment or representitive of the point he was making about Ajose.

I don't know about 'delusional' but theres def. at least one person who seems to be having trouble grasping the reality of the situation on Hatton-Ajose.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #64
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Dunky you are so correct. Until Hatton takes on the true challenges rather than names on the slide then his legacy will remain tarnished.
Thanks Olu

A couple of the blokes seem to have misunderstood my comments here, I think my latest point that you quoted went straight over their heads.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #65
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Default Re: Mayweather says: I wanna hurt ya Hatton! & Witter backs Mayweather to beat Ricky...

Very clever Dunky, but you know what you did. Quoting fluxs opinion on one fighter but made your point about a completely different fighter....bad form (unless you work for the Gutterpress!)!

Oh, and stop winding Olu up. We both know that Ajose doesn't deserve a shot at Hatton and would not win a fight with Hatton...;O)
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #66
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Very clever Dunky, but you know what you did. Quoting fluxs opinion on one fighter but made your point about a completely different fighter....bad form (unless you work for the Gutterpress!)!

Oh, and stop winding Olu up. We both know that Ajose doesn't deserve a shot at Hatton and would not win a fight with Hatton...;O)
GazOC mate Dunky is not winding me up. I have known for a long time that Ajose can take Hatton and will take Hatton if they ever fought. In my opinion Hatton needs a fast, skilful southpaw who can punch, excellent lateral movement and variety like a hole in the head.

I guess winning all the titles available to a fighter to date including international titles like the African Boxing Union title and the Commonwealth title as well as being forced to take catchweight contests against bigger and supposedly stronger men in higher weight divisions is not impressive or deserving of a world title shot. As man moves inside the WBC top 10 in the ratings I guess you would rather see Hatton fight the likes of Urango, Carlos Maussa, Luiz Collazo are co with their limitations rather than really put it on the line against hungry talented fighters. The question is does Hatton want to have a tarnished legacy like Barry McGuigan who studiously avoided Azumah Nelson or does he want to a real boxing legend who took on all comers.

Hatton is down to earth and likeable but it is also true that his record is not quite what his fans think. The failure to fight Witter is glaring. I am not saying that Witter will necessarily win but the excuses coming from the Hatton camp simply don't wash which makes people think that perhaps they are not sure Hatton can win this fight. The shame of it is that I actually think Witter is on the slide so this would be the best time for Hatton to face him.

My view is that the best should fight the best period not mismatches against weak opposition or has beens.

When Hatton was with Sports Network they tried to get Ajose to go up to spar with Hatton after Ajose knocked Pryce out as a last minute substitute however Team Ajose refused as we told them we did not want to spar him we wanted to fight him. They wisely avoided my man. Who can blame them after all Hatton struggles with Welterweights and Southpaws whereas Ajose gives Full fledged welterweights to Middleweighta an ass kicking.

I don't believe Hatton will ever face Ajose as a voluntary defence only as a mandatory after all not only do you stand a good chance of losing you have an excellent chance of being seriosly hurt.

By the GazOC I am so confident that if the match was made then I would gladly bet a high amount with you if you are so confident Hatton will win. I know he will be comprehensively defeated but as the say money talks and bullshit walks.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #67
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
GazOC mate Dunky is not winding me up. I have known for a long time that Ajose can take Hatton and will take Hatton if they ever fought. In my opinion Hatton needs a fast, skilful southpaw who can punch, excellent lateral movement and variety like a hole in the head.

I guess winning all the titles available to a fighter to date including international titles like the African Boxing Union title and the Commonwealth title as well as being forced to take catchweight contests against bigger and supposedly stronger men in higher weight divisions is not impressive or deserving of a world title shot. As man moves inside the WBC top 10 in the ratings I guess you would rather see Hatton fight the likes of Urango, Carlos Maussa, Luiz Collazo are co with their limitations rather than really put it on the line against hungry talented fighters. The question is does Hatton want to have a tarnished legacy like Barry McGuigan who studiously avoided Azumah Nelson or does he want to a real boxing legend who took on all comers.

Hatton is down to earth and likeable but it is also true that his record is not quite what his fans think. The failure to fight Witter is glaring. I am not saying that Witter will necessarily win but the excuses coming from the Hatton camp simply don't wash which makes people think that perhaps they are not sure Hatton can win this fight. The shame of it is that I actually think Witter is on the slide so this would be the best time for Hatton to face him.

My view is that the best should fight the best period not mismatches against weak opposition or has beens.

When Hatton was with Sports Network they tried to get Ajose to go up to spar with Hatton after Ajose knocked Pryce out as a last minute substitute however Team Ajose refused as we told them we did not want to spar him we wanted to fight him. They wisely avoided my man. Who can blame them after all Hatton struggles with Welterweights and Southpaws whereas Ajose gives Full fledged welterweights to Middleweighta an ass kicking.

I don't believe Hatton will ever face Ajose as a voluntary defence only as a mandatory after all not only do you stand a good chance of losing you have an excellent chance of being seriosly hurt.

By the GazOC I am so confident that if the match was made then I would gladly bet a high amount with you if you are so confident Hatton will win. I know he will be comprehensively defeated but as the say money talks and bullshit walks.
I'll take that bet anytime but give the cliches a miss eh?

I'm not going to bother answering the rest of your post as the points in it have already been covered by me and other people over and over agian- it really does feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall where your concerned, you're obviously living in a dream world and not willing to listen so lets just leave it at that.

Last edited by viperguy; 02-14-2006 at 03:04 AM.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #68
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I wish I was being clever Gaz, but I wasnt! Its actually a mistake on your behalf, you failed to spot the comparison I made comparing Witter from some years ago & the present day Olusegun. Hatton fans said Witter didnt deserve a shot at Ricky, cos he wasnt in Hattons league etc. Witter went on to prove hatton fans totally wrong by having a great career & winning many titles.

The up & coming Olusegun is now where Witter was some years ago, with Hatton fans here saying Olusegun doesnt deserve a shot at Ricky, for all the same boring old reasons. "hes not in Rickys league blah blah"

& then Hatton fans all celebrate Hatton as an all conquering monster when he beats up on old & shop worn fighters, like he did Castillo, & pads his record in between with guys like Oliveira & 'no joke' Stewart.

If hatton isnt going to fight the PBF's & Cottos of this world, I want to see him taking on his domestic rivals & hungry 'up & comers' who are making a splash on these shores. Hatton has never faced a big domestic rival since Magee put him on his arse, & thats why I think hattons legacy will be tainted if he doesnt fight domestic rivals like Witter & prospects like Olusegun. They want it, & the fans would love it.

I hope I have made my standpoint clearer this time Gaz. & as for me winding Olu up? Olu knows he has my respect as a poster. As I said here before, just listen to Olu as not a Hatton hater, but an Olusegun fan.

I made the same mistake as you & got all annoyed cos Olu said he would beat my favourite fighter, Kevin Anderson, & me & my buddy Topdog had some heated debates with him!

However, once you let the Hatton fanboy red mist clear you will see like I did that Olu knows his stuff as a boxing fan.

Damn, thats twice I have stuck up for a non-scot here now & its been Olu both times, I must be going soft in my old age

& before you think I am trying to 'get one up on you' with saying you called it wrong, I wasnt. I just think there was a communications breakdown. Unlike you Gaz, who couldnt get in there quick enough with all guns blazing when you thought you saw a ***** in my armour!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 03:22 AM   #69
SouthLondonsFinest
SE4 BABY
ESB Jr Member

Until Ajose fights someone at World Level all this means nothing.
SouthLondonsFinest is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 04:51 AM   #70
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ajose looks forward to fighting the very best including Hatton.

GazOC I respect your opinion I just disagree. Dunky and TopDog are mates of mine on this site. We had heated debates about their number 1 fighter Kevin Anderson and Ajose. The result is that all 3 of us are looking at the careers of Anderson and Ajose closely to see how far they go.

I am real boxing man who appreciates and respects all fighters. My only beef with Hatton is that in my opinion he needs to take on all comers which I don't believe he has. He has a few names on his record but this is when they were past their best. I think he needs to take on his genuine domestic rivals as well as Cotto and PBF.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #71
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Agree with you here, without a doubt. he does need to fight more big opponents and the domestic guys. That is beyond discussion.

Your comparison about beating Bradley pryce on short notice is still off though. it's Bradley Pryce. Consistency is a stranger to him. the last time I watched him fight on the JC-Manfredo undercard, i think - he scratched by against a horribly limited fighter.

I've watched a bit of Ajose since this started and I think he's impressive, but he wouldn't beat Hatton, I think, at the moment.

I'd like to see that fight though.
Time will tell brother but what I can say is Ajose is certain that he will beat Hatton and so am I. Imagine the struggles Hatton had with Collazo, Magee and Urango and then think of Ajose who is faster, much more skilful and hits harder than these other southpaws
Old 07-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #72
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The simple fact that a fighter is from (or based in) the same country as the champion is not enough to earn him a free pass title shot. Right now, however talented he may be, Ajose Olusegun is unknown to all but a few in his inner circle. He certainly isn't close to anyone's world rankings I've seen. If the guy's that good, he will keep on winning against better fighters and get himself a place in the top 5-10, at which point he will be well positioned for a title shot. At the moment, he hasn't beaten anybody to earn one and is completely not on Hatton's (or any other champion's) radar.

Being talented is not enough to earn a fighter a title shot (if it was then the likes of DLH, Mayweather, Mosley etc... could have been given debut shots). You have to prove it by beating some of the best. I look forward to seeing if Ajose can do that.
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #73
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
I wish I was being clever Gaz, but I wasnt! Its actually a mistake on your behalf, you failed to spot the comparison I made comparing Witter from some years ago & the present day Olusegun. Hatton fans said Witter didnt deserve a shot at Ricky, cos he wasnt in Hattons league etc. Witter went on to prove hatton fans totally wrong by having a great career & winning many titles.

The up & coming Olusegun is now where Witter was some years ago, with Hatton fans here saying Olusegun doesnt deserve a shot at Ricky, for all the same boring old reasons. "hes not in Rickys league blah blah"

& then Hatton fans all celebrate Hatton as an all conquering monster when he beats up on old & shop worn fighters, like he did Castillo, & pads his record in between with guys like Oliveira & 'no joke' Stewart.

If hatton isnt going to fight the PBF's & Cottos of this world, I want to see him taking on his domestic rivals & hungry 'up & comers' who are making a splash on these shores. Hatton has never faced a big domestic rival since Magee put him on his arse, & thats why I think hattons legacy will be tainted if he doesnt fight domestic rivals like Witter & prospects like Olusegun. They want it, & the fans would love it.

I hope I have made my standpoint clearer this time Gaz. & as for me winding Olu up? Olu knows he has my respect as a poster. As I said here before, just listen to Olu as not a Hatton hater, but an Olusegun fan.

I made the same mistake as you & got all annoyed cos Olu said he would beat my favourite fighter, Kevin Anderson, & me & my buddy Topdog had some heated debates with him!

However, once you let the Hatton fanboy red mist clear you will see like I did that Olu knows his stuff as a boxing fan.

Damn, thats twice I have stuck up for a non-scot here now & its been Olu both times, I must be going soft in my old age

& before you think I am trying to 'get one up on you' with saying you called it wrong, I wasnt. I just think there was a communications breakdown. Unlike you Gaz, who couldnt get in there quick enough with all guns blazing when you thought you saw a ***** in my armour!
I don't regard myself as a Hatton fanboy, I follow boxing and tend to get behind all British fighters (never did like Farnell though, for some reason) and Hatton just happens to be a top English fighter. A fanboy would be someone who expects an untested prospect to be given a shot against a P4P boxer and predicts that he'd win easily....

To me Hatton-Witter should have happened in the 12 months or so before the Zoo fight when Hatton was having 'nothing' fights waiting for his shot and I admit the fact it didn't is probably down to Hatton and ******. But lets not go over board, Hatton not facing Witter is not going to seriously affect is 'legacy' (hate that word!), its a fight that would have been good to watch at the time due to the styles, ill feeling, domestic angle etc bit who's time has probably past - even 'casual' boxing fans have stopped taling about.

On to Ajose , do you really think, based on his record, he deserves a title shot with Hatton? Do you thing Hattons 'legacy will be tarnished' if he doesn't fight Ajose as Olu says? Is the Hatton- Ajose situation comparable to McGuigan-Nelson situation where you had a World Champ avoiding a World Champ? Even the connection with Witter is a massive stretch considering Ajoses lack of profile in this country, he doesn't even have people mildly curious about him fighting Hatton (Olu excepted). People here have said what Ajose needs to do to get a title shot, keep winning and move up the rankings, theres going to be no short-cut to Hatton (or any titlist) I'm afraid...

I don't doubt Olu knows his boxing, is a fan and I totally respect Olus right to have an opinion on the outcome of a Ajose-Hatton fight, everyone is entitled to that but where he is just plain wrong is as to why the fight isn't and won't be happening and I'm not going into that again or I may go mad!

Don't be over sensitve Dunky, I'm not after any *****s in your armour, I aceppt what you say about the quoting but I still think its a bit naughty the way you did it, you were mis-representing what the poster had said...but 'hey ho' I guess we're not going to agree on that?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #74
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO
The simple fact that a fighter is from (or based in) the same country as the champion is not enough to earn him a free pass title shot. Right now, however talented he may be, Ajose Olusegun is unknown to all but a few in his inner circle. He certainly isn't close to anyone's world rankings I've seen. If the guy's that good, he will keep on winning against better fighters and get himself a place in the top 5-10, at which point he will be well positioned for a title shot. At the moment, he hasn't beaten anybody to earn one and is completely not on Hatton's (or any other champion's) radar.

Being talented is not enough to earn a fighter a title shot (if it was then the likes of DLH, Mayweather, Mosley etc... could have been given debut shots). You have to prove it by beating some of the best. I look forward to seeing if Ajose can do that.

Thanks brother. Prior to winning the Commonwealth title Ajose was number 12 in the WBC ratings so as the combined African and Commonwealth champion when the rating are next issued he will move into the top 10. I think it is also to his credit that he has beaten and knocked out men in higher weight classes. I am not saying Pryce is big deal other than it was at very late notice, they thought they were bringing in an opponent for Pryce to roll over and like Nuumbembee, Kpadenue and others it was another man in a higher weight this talented Junior Welterweight has had to take care of because the Light Welterweights in Britain are running scared.

We will take care of the top contenders and earn our title shot and win it. Ajose is ready and willing to face anyone.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #75
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't regard myself as a Hatton fanboy, I follow boxing and tend to get behind all British fighters (never did like Farnell though, for some reason) and Hatton just happens to be a top English fighter. A fanboy would be someone who expects an untested prospect to be given a shot against a P4P boxer and predicts that he'd win easily....

To me Hatton-Witter should have happened in the 12 months or so before the Zoo fight when Hatton was having 'nothing' fights waiting for his shot and I admit the fact it didn't is probably down to Hatton and ******. But lets not go over board, Hatton not facing Witter is not going to seriously affect is 'legacy' (hate that word!), its a fight that would have been good to watch at the time due to the styles, ill feeling, domestic angle etc bit who's time has probably past - even 'casual' boxing fans have stopped taling about.

Brother GazOC as you know I respect your opinion and believe that if Ajose and Hatton fight in the future you will be man enough to admit you were wrong if and when my guy wins.

However I have aquestion for you is it not commendable for a fighter to win all the titles available to him at this stage of his career? Fighters like Ajose have to take a hard route. He won the Nigeria, Commonwealth and African title. He cannot fight for the European of British title.

The others on the British scene have refused to fight him. Witter choose not to take the fight when Ajose was his Commonwealth mandatory and agve it up. Some will say Witter gave it up to fight for the world title but I clearly remember him fighting Colin Lynes instead of Ajose. Perhaps he just did not fancy it? Just maybe Lenny Daws, Colin Lynes,Ted Bami and their management know something that is no generally know.

I hope Muttley defeats Bami this month as he might step up to fight Ajose unless his management don't allow.

My point is simply the best should fight the best. Nigel Benn fought Eubank, Watson and Steve Collins. He might not have beaten them all but he has everyone's respect.

On to Ajose , do you really think, based on his record, he deserves a title shot with Hatton? Do you thing Hattons 'legacy will be tarnished' if he doesn't fight Ajose as Olu says? Is the Hatton- Ajose situation comparable to McGuigan-Nelson situation where you had a World Champ avoiding a World Champ? Even the connection with Witter is a massive stretch considering Ajoses lack of profile in this country, he doesn't even have people mildly curious about him fighting Hatton (Olu excepted). People here have said what Ajose needs to do to get a title shot, keep winning and move up the rankings, theres going to be no short-cut to Hatton (or any titlist) I'm afraid...

I don't doubt Olu knows his boxing, is a fan and I totally respect Olus right to have an opinion on the outcome of a Ajose-Hatton fight, everyone is entitled to that but where he is just plain wrong is as to why the fight isn't and won't be happening and I'm not going into that again or I may go mad!

Don't be over sensitve Dunky, I'm not after any *****s in your armour, I aceppt what you say about the quoting but I still think its a bit naughty the way you did it, you were mis-representing what the poster

had said...but 'hey ho' I guess we're not going to agree on that?
Brother GazOC as you know I respect your opinion and believe that if Ajose and Hatton fight in the future you will be man enough to admit you were wrong if and when my guy wins.

However I have aquestion for you is it not commendable for a fighter to win all the titles available to him at this stage of his career? Fighters like Ajose have to take a hard route. He won the Nigeria, Commonwealth and African title. He cannot fight for the European of British title.

The others on the British scene have refused to fight him. Witter choose not to take the fight when Ajose was his Commonwealth mandatory and agve it up. Some will say Witter gave it up to fight for the world title but I clearly remember him fighting Colin Lynes instead of Ajose. Perhaps he just did not fancy it? Just maybe Lenny Daws, Colin Lynes,Ted Bami and their management know something that is no generally know.

I hope Muttley defeats Bami this month as he might step up to fight Ajose unless his management don't allow.

My point is simply the best should fight the best. Nigel Benn fought Eubank, Watson and Steve Collins. He might not have beaten them all but he has everyone's respect.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum