Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #31
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Oh **** off Ash, support this card or else...what a load of bollocks.

The only reason they've put Alex on the card is to try and get some locals in, you really think they're all keyed up for the main event? Its incredible that Khoder & Chocs semen doesn't dribble put of your mouth when you talk.
Choc and Khoder dont need any help from me mate...I support Alex and want to see him get the big fights....I know chocs fight is very average and Im not trying to say otherwise

However I do want Alex v Walker to get publicity

You say the only reason they put Alex on is because hes local....thats just not true.....Alex will be fighting on Chocs next card down south as well.
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #32
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Thing is when the numbers are crunched and this gets no PPV's.... team Khoder will say "**** this choc, last time i pay over the odds for an American HW"........ sadly they will blame everybody else excepy choc fighting bums.

The best thing is if choc gets beat by a taxi driver than he might get some motivation to take the world on.
Mate i'm concerned about this very thing...Alex has a huge chance to get world rated fast over the next 2 months with Walker then Beck

If he wins these 2 fights Noel Thornberry will get Alex a title shot within 8 months
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #33
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

So you think that this card would be worth getting if Alex (who is a local) wasn't fighting on it? You don't think hes been added to help along local sales?
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #34
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mundine's undercard
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Choc and Khoder dont need any help from me mate...I support Alex and want to see him get the big fights....I know chocs fight is very average and Im not trying to say otherwise

However I do want Alex v Walker to get publicity

You say the only reason they put Alex on is because hes local....thats just not true.....Alex will be fighting on Chocs next card down south as well.
Wow... Jeeez, would have assumed teamMandy were looking to fulfill some promises and travel O/S..
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #35
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

If alex has any sense he will never fight on a choc card again.
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #36
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mundine's undercard
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

bump
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #37
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If alex has any sense he will never fight on a choc card again.
Alex wants to fight every 6 to 8 weeks...he will be on every card possible IMO
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #38
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If alex has any sense he will never fight on a choc card again.
Don't let hatred get in the way of common sense mate. Fighting on ANY card, is good for Alex. The more exposure the better.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #39
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,987
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Don't let hatred get in the way of common sense mate. Fighting on ANY card, is good for Alex. The more exposure the better.

alex will become his own show soon enough....
sallywinder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #40
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Dont agree....who do you think pays the money for this fight?

Its loads cheaper to get an aussie to fight than this yank

If it dosent work then team Leapai will have to raise the money next time as Khoder wont keep paying large amounts of cash to get a yank out here unless it gets well received.
And you know full well it won't get well recieved, but that ain't Alex's fault.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #41
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Don't let hatred get in the way of common sense mate. Fighting on ANY card, is good for Alex. The more exposure the better.
Can't agree with that at all.
Fighting on a Mandy VS Bum card is suicide because most won't watch it just to prove a point. Hatred WILL get in the way.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #42
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

doesnt really make sense not to show it if they have already paid for it.Mundine and Green are thebiggest draws in Australia.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #43
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
Posts: 868
vCash: 525
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

i wish they did... i havent bothered with choc since solo 3...sad excuse 4 a boxer...maybe he is just a little delusional...
stuistylee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #44
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Can't agree with that at all.
Fighting on a Mandy VS Bum card is suicide because most won't watch it just to prove a point. Hatred WILL get in the way.
Here's where you're wrong though mate. Sure some hardcore fans may not watch it... not a problem. They already know about Alex. It's the exposure he gets to people who just go along to watch some boxing that Leapai's people are trying to tap into. What's the alternative? Sit at home and twiddle his thumbs? He's gotten himself one of the more important Heavyweight fights on these shores in god knows how long thanks to Boxa Promotions putting him on the card.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #45
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will clubs ban this fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Here's where you're wrong though mate. Sure some hardcore fans may not watch it... not a problem. They already know about Alex. It's the exposure he gets to people who just go along to watch some boxing that Leapai's people are trying to tap into. What's the alternative? Sit at home and twiddle his thumbs? He's gotten himself one of the more important Heavyweight fights on these shores in god knows how long thanks to Boxa Promotions putting him on the card.
good point.regardless of what we think of Mundine fighting cabbies and Green fighting semi-retired and retired boxers they are still the biggest draws in Australia and any boxer wanting to increase their profile would be mad to boycott fighting on their cards in protest.i know when Green fought RJJ people who came to my place too watch it were very impressed with Will Tomlinson and would like too see him fight again.never would of known who he was otherwise.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013