Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Emelianenko-Couture fight might not be that far off (Mark Cuban Partners in Deal)

FEDOR EMELIANENKO CONTRACT IS 5 FIGHTS FOR $12 MILLION!
By Matt Goldstein and Jim Barlieb

Mark Cuban Partners in Deal; HBO and Showtime Looking to Televise

Reports have been swirling about the recent M-1 Global singing of Fedor Emelianenko and the involvement of Mark Cuban. The deal is reportedly for 5 fights totaling more than $12 million. Fedor will fight in Russia but his fights will also be seen in America on Mark Cuban’s HDNet. Now that UFC’s Heavyweight champion Randy Couture is a free agent, fight fans are hoping that the demand is high enough to force Couture back in the ring. Would Couture be willing to fight in Moscow? For the right price and the chance to fight the recognized #1 heavyweight in the world, a Fedor Emelianenko-Randy Couture fight might not be that far off. TV Deals are also being negotiated with HBO and Showtime.

Source: MMA Fightline
boxingcar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
joe the great
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Emelianenko-Couture fight might not be that far off (Mark Cuban Partners in Deal)

I think Fedor wins this one. I like Couture but Fedor is a real super Heavyweight.
joe the great is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550
Default Re: Emelianenko-Couture fight might not be that far off (Mark Cuban Partners in Deal)

I'll believe it when i see it.

If the fight and fedor wins in a ring people will say "it would've been a totally different story if it was in cage." Same as when Fedor "grabbed" the ropes... people are actually naive enough to think it would've change the outcome in the slightest...
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just saw an interview with Dana on espn. He said there's no way he's gona let him out of the contract. Plus, apparently Anderson Silva is the best p4p fighter in the world.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Dude, #1 lb for lb in the world? Sweet Pea, your hating.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2007, 01:43 AM   #6
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
I have him in the top 3 for sure, with Fedor and Randy the other 2. Anderson is pretty much the most consistent and is taking on the best and fighting often, while Fedor doesn't. He can't cruise on what he did years ago. Let him beat Randy and he's unquestionably the best of all time. If he doesn't fight him it's a huge hole in his career.
Randy is DEFINITELY not top 3 p4p. I know everyone on his nuts right now, but thats ludicrous. Rampage and Fedor devide the top spot. Fedor due to inactivity gets #2. Rampage just beat the touted best lhw in Liddell plus a p4p at least top5 in Handerson.
Silva is not as consistant as you describe him. His cheesy black belt is all but lame. There's no way he takes over either Rampage or Fedor to say the least.

Also, you have quite the scale there. So, if Fedor doesn't fight Randy Couture it means he's not best of all time, but if he fights him and beats him he's UNQUESTIONABLY best ever. WTF sir? I'm sorry to ruin your parade but a win over Randy is not THE greatEST achievement. A win over Fedor worth a LOT more than over Randy. So, if anything, if Randy doesn't fight Fedor its RANDY'S career that is questionable, and Randy obviously knows it. Thats why he doesn't want to waste time on Nog and go for the big bait with very limited time he has left.

This fight would put all questions to rest about Coutures greatness. I'm going to go as far as saying a great showing and going to decision would prove everything that needed to be proved about Couture. If he loses by KO or Sub, he might retire a question mark. He had great moments and he had shittiest moments. If he wins or even loses with great performance he'll be defined by great moments and wins.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2007, 03:50 AM   #7
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Randy is top 3 based on recent performance. He beat Sylvia, who very few thought he had a chance to beat, and dominated him. Then he dominated the guy everyone thought was gonna dominate him and be the next big thing. He is looking better than ever right now. Rampage is looking good, and is near the top as well, but Anderson has been more consistent as of late. Rampage took two great wins, but prior to that hadn't been on any impressive streak at all. It's close, comes down to what you like really, but you could rate Rampage above Anderson, but I have Anderson top 3, surely top 5. Fedor hasn't done anything in forever.
Rampage has been as consistant as Anderson as of late. Except Rampage took out much higher ranked guys. Anderson is arguably top3, ok. #1, no way.

Quote:
That's why Fedor ran to M-1 instead of fighting him in the UFC. The only fight that makes sense for Randy right now is to fight Fedor, being as he has so little time left at the rate he is going, and Fedor decided once again to dodge the UFC. If Fedor doesn't fight Randy, and continues to coast on past accomplishments like he is now doing, his legacy will be greatly altered from everyone once thought.

He wants to fight Fedor, not Nog, he wants to fight the best, and the guy who everyone thinks is the best.
Honostly, do you yourself believe the bullshit that is coming out of your mouth? Didn't think so.

Yea, of course he wants to fight the best.. So does everyone else in top1000000. Thats great isn't it. I wanna fight Fedor too, but he keeps dodging me.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

After all the shit that was spewed on these boards about how Shitty Tim Silvia was, now its a great accomplishment to beat him? A guy who would clearly lose to the likes of Nog or Barnette, and Extremely likely he would lose to Mark Hunt as well considering Silvia isn't exactly a ground fighter?

Who else did he beat? Gonzaga? Yeah, Gonzaga is good.. But one big name on a resume, and a shot name on his resume at the time does not make beating him a huge accomplishment.. I'd say if anything, Fedor beating Lindland is about as impressive as either of Coutures recent victories..

Two fights pending, I think there is a strong argument for St. Pierre to be ranked highly. His resume is jam packed with big names, and impressive in his victories minus the hiccup against Serra.

Get off Randy's nuts.. I love the guy, he has balls, charisma, is humble and a great fighter.. But two wins comming out of retirement doesn't justify your ranking.

Nog should actually be ranked very highly.. Recent loss to Barnette was avenged, loss to Henderson was avenged.. Only guy on his list of people to beat is Fedor.. He really is #2 in the big picture of heavyweights. Stop kidding yourself.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Some people just nut hug without knowing much about anything, i used to think you where an ok poster sweet pea but now i am not to sure. You talk about rampage's streak before his two wins, then forget that coture has been koed by chuck twice before his wins aginst big tim and gonzaga.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum