Old 06-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Mundine's racist insult

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Surprised no one's posted this yet:

"ANTHONY "Choc" Mundine has lashed out at fellow Aborigines and rugby league greats Arthur Beetson and Gorden Tallis, calling them "coconuts" for not speaking up to support Timana Tahu's stand against racism. "

Walford's reply:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"RICKY Walford doesn't know if he will ever speak to Anthony Mundine again.
The highly respected rugby league Indigenous leader is shattered after he and former Aboriginal players Gorden Tallis and Arthur Beetson were labelled "coconuts" by Mundine last weekend."

Interesting what Tallis says:

"Tallis said he was stunned to read the comments on Sunday morning.
"I rang him straight away," Tallis said. "It's all about publicity for his fight.
"He's not dumb, people might think he is dumb, but he's not. He needs to be out there to promote his fight.
"I said to him 'what are you doing, mate' and he said 'brother, it's not personal - it's all sweet - I'll see you on Tuesday'.
"It's not nice what he said. I didn't wait two weeks, I rang him straight away. Coming from a friend I was offended, but when I rang him it was sweet. It's not going to ruin our friendship.
"If he'd said that and believed that, there would be drama, but sometimes you've gotta understand why Choc says things.""

It looks like if you're a mate of Mundine's, you've just got to expect to be slagged off in the press for the sake of him publicising his upcoming fights. What a great mate to have
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine's racist insult

another great case of reverse racism. fkn hippocrit.
shiner is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

More hypocrisy:

Tallis fired up and abused the crowd at an Origin match a few years ago because some young blokes had made a sign that said his Mum was a "RIG", yet when Mundine calls him a cocount in the media he wears it.

Must be because the young blokes who made the sign were white and Mundine's black?

Last edited by IrnBruMan; 06-27-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
percy davo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

hahahahahahaaha
all very sad.
quick jump on board the train that is forgetting the start of all this the racial words used by a person who is a wanker and the only people in the spot light over this are those who stand against it and the person who braught it to our attention.
What about letting the public know what A Johns has been like all his life a racial drugo who thinks he is above evrything.
percy davo is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

percy davo, you're suggesting a racial slur made by Mundine towards other Aboriginal players is okay because Andrew Johns already made one?

Is that how these sort of problems get resolved?

Don't you think it detracts from the apparent righteousness of the cause he claims to be championing?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Wasn't that long ago he was running around calling caucasians c-r-a-c-k-e-r......thinking it was really clever!

I deplore racism, whichever direction it is directed, and when the supposed 'victims' of it take a free hit thinking they're exempt, it's just as bad as the other way around.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

I doubt Mundine thought his comment would be interpreted as a racist remark as most Aussies would have no idea the term coconut could be used in racists connotations, besides that common sence would have to ask you, would Mundine be rasist when he is Aborignal himself?

Coconut used in the way Mundine has used it imo means IDIOT! A person with no brains has a head like a coconut, empty! aka BruaFAG!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

how unusual, Mundine says something contreversial,
must be a mistake.
raff is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #9
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
how unusual, Mundine says something contreversial,
must be a mistake.
gee one might think he has a PPV fight coming up.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Exactly.

Remember when he was calling for Brownie to be sacked as Saints coach because Brownie wouldn't entertain the notion of him running on for Saints for a few games until his next fight a few years ago? The same article went on to state that the money Mundine contributed to the lower grades at Saints via his boxa clothing company wasn't in jeopardy - talk about a thinly-veiled threat.

This guy is a complete dickhead, as far as I'm concerned, saying stuff like this about his friends in the media to garner interest in his next fight is disgraceful.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
...perhaps even one against a nobody opponent and extremely slow sales?
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
I doubt Mundine thought his comment would be interpreted as a racist remark as most Aussies would have no idea the term coconut could be used in racists connotations, besides that common sence would have to ask you, would Mundine be rasist when he is Aborignal himself?

Coconut used in the way Mundine has used it imo means IDIOT! A person with no brains has a head like a coconut, empty! aka BruaFAG!
TC

Coconut means Black on the outside white on the inside.it is a very bad thing to say against any person. There has been comments made against religion, peoples body form and the colour of there skin all should be taken the same way. it is all discrimination and should be treated equally. Calling people Fat, Tall ,Black, White, Muslim, Catholic, or ugly is discrimination following it with the word C %$#T just makes it worse any of these should be stopped and all punished equally it should not happen
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #13
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
TC

Coconut means Black on the outside white on the inside.it is a very bad thing to say against any person. There has been comments made against religion, peoples body form and the colour of there skin all should be taken the same way. it is all discrimination and should be treated equally. Calling people Fat, Tall ,Black, White, Muslim, Catholic, or ugly is discrimination following it with the word C %$#T just makes it worse any of these should be stopped and all punished equally it should not happen
i know Americans call people like that uncle Toms.Mundine has actually taught me something.coconut in a racist term to my knowledge is used to describe Samoans,Tongans,Fijians.but there you go.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #14
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

TC,

Go to Darwin and inqiure as to the relationships in general between Aborignes and Islanders (TI) and then ask an Aborigne why he would call an Islander a coconut head.....
Ask an Islander how they feall about being branded an Aborigine...

The comment is racsist and in these parts of the world more so when it is made by an Aborigine towards an Islander.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #15
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You see, this is the thing with Anthony. It's always all about him.
No other cunt, just him, & to be his mate, you have to be his whipping boy.

His mates can say what a good bloke he is & how he's different off camera or away from the media, but he is a ****ing out & out two faced racist.

Gordon Tallis.
"If he'd said that and believed that, there would be drama, but sometimes you've gotta understand why Choc says things.""

Maybe it's time they grew some nuts & asked Choc to understand what he's doing.
To use your friends to promote your career in such a disrespectful & thoughtless way is inexcusable.

What is Arthur & Gordon thinking?
What they should be saying is "Listen Mate! we are not your little black boy that you can dump on whenever it suits you. You show some ****ing respect for us or else you can take your attention disorder & your illustrious career & piss off"!

I can't believe this brat.
Rodin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum