Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #46
mughalmirza786
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pro featherweight boxer vs untrained 250lbs 6'4 meathead, who wins?

Boxing ring with rules then the boxer. Street fight. Big dude especially 'meathead' rips the small guys arms off.
mughalmirza786 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #47
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Sillynanny View Post
These kind of threads are always a laugh.

99.5% of the time the little featherweight (that is essentially the size of a woman) gets his arms ripped off like a child tearing a butterfly apart.

It is one thing to be a boxing fan, it is another to imagine that a man the size of a little boy (albeit a boxer) is gonna trouble and dominate a substantively large man in an altercation. Even if the 6'4" 250 lb guy is blind he still swats the 5'6" featherweight into next week. I suppose if you take it to an extreme and find some perfect example of some out of shape gimp that posts on the internet all day, eating cookies and donuts, with diabetes, cardiovascular disease, various other health conditions, disabled, old man, etc., then anything is possible. Even so, 126 lbs of punching power is still basically that. Is the untrained large guy drunk or asleep when the fight begins?

I know athletes that won't even watch anything below heavyweight as they jokingly compare it to watching woman fight. These are the kind of fantasies that little guys post. If you are boxer you aren't throwing and landing fully committed punches without tape and gloves. Remove the tape and with no glove as a cushion you are no more prepared to land your bare hand to head and bone then anyone else - because you are not training that way. Since the opponent here is 100% heavier and nearly a foot taller than you, that boxer is gonna feel the need to hurt this MUCH larger likely angry person quickly to get some respect. The "boxer's break" is real easy to get punching a hard unforgiving uneven surface without a glove. Also, landing clean and hurting another 126 lb man is one thing. That same punch on a 250 lb man isn't gonna have anything close to the same result. It is gonna take multiple punches (call it about a dozen for some of these little dudes) to equal two or three from a large sized person. Anyone who has been in a fight with someone larger than themselves should know this - or that size can matter greatly.

Bare fist to bone isn't going to allow any small guy to blast out any large guy easily. The hand would never hold up to throwing it that hard (and landing it) repeatedly - and no big guy is going down from one hard punch from someone the size of a woman. Someone mentioned FMJ, I've seen him in the gym for over a decade now, even he isn't gonna drop ANY 300 lb man with a single un-gloved punch (or gloved either for that matter) and finish anyone in 10 seconds flat. That is absolute absurd hype, ridiculous, and impossible.

Getting ahead of the curve here - for similarly minded future threads (likely from dudes with an unforgiving and unfortunate runaway case of little man syndrome), the 5'6" 126 lb pro boxer/male athlete is almost never going to get the runway model, starlet, or other high end babe either. Money talks but there are only a handful of dudes this small pulling material dollars. Without the cash, there is simply no reason for quality women to want to end up with a man the same size as she is.

Reality check.
READ MY EARLIER POST, BS. CLEARLY, you've never been to the track 'n seen the supermodels the jocks pull.
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #48
NeckBreaknAiken
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 700

The Meathead.

This is a boxing website, so of course most here would side with the boxer. Nothing new. Everyone wants to come up with stories of the little guy whipping the big guy. It makes for good internet folklore and shit, but in reality size matters. That's why boxing has weight classes. And when you talk about a disparity of that much, it begins to take effect.

6'4" 250 is a lot to overcome if the guy is athletic, I don't care what sport he is athletic in. And when you say meathead, I'm assuming you mean big jock. I don't think it's close if he is a football player or a wrestler, and use to combat and taking blows.
NeckBreaknAiken is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #49
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Street fight? The 250lbs, 6'4 meathead has a massive advantage...literally.

He could easily take away the little guys biggest weapons by grabbing him...and saying that, one clean blow from the big guy, the little guy is in trouble...professional boxer or not.

Even if the big guy doesn't know how to throw a punch...it's called a street fight for a reason...
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #50
Greco
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Like a couple people have stated if the meathead has done wrestling chances are he's gonna look for the takedown when he realizes that he isn't going to land anything from a distance. If he does get the takedown the little guy is as good as finished unless he secures a guillotine choke on the big guy as he shoots in on him.
Greco is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #51
RobertV77
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeckBreaknAiken View Post
The Meathead.

This is a boxing website, so of course most here would side with the boxer. Nothing new. Everyone wants to come up with stories of the little guy whipping the big guy. It makes for good internet folklore and shit, but in reality size matters. That's why boxing has weight classes. And when you talk about a disparity of that much, it begins to take effect.

6'4" 250 is a lot to overcome if the guy is athletic, I don't care what sport he is athletic in. And when you say meathead, I'm assuming you mean big jock. I don't think it's close if he is a football player or a wrestler, and use to combat and taking blows.
If its a big strong trained athlete the small man is in deep.
RobertV77 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #52
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The Meathead.

How do you respond to the incident I posted, N?
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #53
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

In a boxing ring, the boxer.

In a streetfight I'd have to fancy the meathead. Especially if the meathead knows that the boxer is a boxer. The element of surprise would be the boxer's trump card in a street fight.
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #54
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 933

Quote:
The Meathead.

Boxing has weight classes because its pro's vs pro's.

In MMA before everyone became "mma", there was such a wide gap in terms of ability that it was open class, you would literally have 150lb guys beating 300lb giants. The reason was simple, gap in a ability...the gap in a bility between a FW pro boxer(a good one) vs an untrained meathead is even bigger.

Now that the skill gap has closed as everyone has wisened a bit more in MMA, weight classes has been introduce as the gap in a bility isnt that wide anymore, for example you wont have Royce Gracie beating Fedor.

Its the same in boxing. The reason a guy like Ruiz is able to compete with a guy like Valuev, outweighes him by nearly 100lbs is because of the gap in ability. There are not many 320lb boxers around, Valuev is the best of that pond, the 320lb pond but in reality, he is still a crap boxer. Ruiz is one of the best of a very big pond, 230lb pond and in reality, he is a much better boxer than Valuev.

In reality, there really isnt that much of a difference between Valuev outweighed Ruiz by 100lb than a HW outweigheing a LW 100lb, 100lb is 100lb although I get that 100lb is more in proportion to a FW boxer.

The reason you will see HW's competing with SHW's is because SHW king is usually the best of the small pond, thus their skill is nowhere near as good as those of the best at HW. A FW will typically not compete with a HW because their gap in ability really isnt that big, the HW is a well populated category and produce very good boxers.

All in all, its all about gap in ability.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #55
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruthead View Post
In a boxing ring, the boxer.

In a streetfight I'd have to fancy the meathead. Especially if the meathead knows that the boxer is a boxer. The element of surprise would be the boxer's trump card in a street fight.
Thats true, but what if the FW boxer also lifts weights?

How many 250lb men in here can carry 177kg(390lbs) over their heads? Because in olympic weight lifting, thats a record set by a man weighing 62kg. Which leads to another thing, if the gap in ability or strength in this case can be so big that a 62kg man can lift FAR more than a 250lb man at their own sport, then the same case should apply for a boxer in his own sport. Except instead of being the much stronger man weighing less, he is simply the much better boxer, hit harder, faster, more skilled, tougher...
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #56
HENDO
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo View Post
Size is the most important thing in combat.

This is why we have weight classes.

This is really a silly thread. Putting in one guy with no training against another is pitiful.
Don't you mean...

"OMG guys! Like Size is like so important. The bigger it is, wait a second? What are we talkin about now? Hey hey hey!"
HENDO is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #57
Mr. V.I.P.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

How would a big guy grabbing you mean anything? Does that mean a boxer loses his hands and gives up? Featherweight lands 4 shots before 1 would even get near him.
Mr. V.I.P. is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #58
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V.I.P. View Post
How would a big guy grabbing you mean anything? Does that mean a boxer loses his hands and gives up? Featherweight lands 4 shots before 1 would even get near him.
A 6'4 250lbs guy grabbing a Featherweight...what do you think the boxer is going to do? I'm going to guess he won't be able to out-muscle the big guy.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #59
chadDe72
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ring View Post
MOST people don't even jab in fights.

I'm no trained fighter but I've always felt that what I do know about boxing would be a big advantage to me in the real world against the average drunken bar fool. Might be wishful thinking, but I've enough shadow boxing in the tank to know how to throw my best 1-2 combo at will....

Most fights start with people swinging WILD haymakers. A trained guy is going to eat that sht apart.

Is that Olivia Munn in your Avatar?
chadDe72 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #60
Untouchable Man
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I like how people rule out the fact that the big guy could be a combination of huge/crazy ****er.
Untouchable Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum