Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-30-2010, 02:54 AM   #46
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lewis: Mundine could have beaten pavlik, hopkins and calzaghe

what was this thread about? oh, yeah......lewis gay comments regarding a skeleton....
sallywinder is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 02:57 AM   #47
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
20anus87.. pervy phony.

I think he's sleeping with Ash tonight...
That's that 20 wanker fella ?
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 02:57 AM   #48
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
what was this thread about? oh, yeah......lewis gay comments regarding a skeleton....
Speaking of gay, how 'bout that new avatar of yours!
Sox is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 02:59 AM   #49
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
20anus87
thats funny....
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 AM   #50
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Here's my take on this. ( I know you will read with bated breath,,or your finger down your throat)

Had Anthony fought a rematch with Kessler after the Green fight, he would have never looked back.
The experience he got from that fight & the confidence of going the distance with Danny, I think he would have stole the fight off Kessler, the Dane would have been copping angles all night.

Pavlik's workrate is his ace in the hole, but Choc (Back then) was very deceptive. He rarely gave a punch away, but when he did, he'd double & treble. I think he beats Kelly by 3-4 points.

Hopkins would have knocked Anthony out. Too tough. Too seasoned & had more mongrel than a pack of wolves.

Calzaghe. This would have been one of the better fights in both their careers.
Joe was not a big whacker. His forte was his stance, & the way he chopped sides.
Opponents would sweat on him to reverse from moving away from the right hand & expecting him to walk onto it & that made them predictable. They rarely got it home &, & paid for the mistake.
The taffy would break them down.
He didn't try to knock them out. He had a steely resolve to never fight in a pattern which made him mentally strong, because if he didn't know what he was going to do next, neither would they. He just made them "give up" & it was compounded by his chin. It was rock solid.

Choc doesn't beat Joe, ever. Having all those attributes & being a southy, there was just too many hurdles.

JMO
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #51
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Here's my take on this. ( I know you will read with bated breath,,or your finger down your throat)

Had Anthony fought a rematch with Kessler after the Green fight, he would have never looked back.
The experience he got from that fight & the confidence of going the distance with Danny, I think he would have stole the fight off Kessler, the Dane would have been copping angles all night.

Pavlik's workrate is his ace in the hole, but Choc (Back then) was very deceptive. He rarely gave a punch away, but when he did, he'd double & treble. I think he beats Kelly by 3-4 points.

Hopkins would have knocked Anthony out. Too tough. Too seasoned & had more mongrel than a pack of wolves.

Joe was not a big whacker. His forte was his stance, & the way he chopped sides.
Opponents would sweat on him to reverse from moving away from the right hand & expecting him to walk onto it & that made them predictable. They rarely got it home &, & paid for the mistake.
He didn't try to knock them out. He had a steely resolve to never fight in a pattern which made him mentally strong, because if he didn't know what he was going to do next, neither would they. He just made them "give up" & it was compounded by his chin. It was rock solid.

Choc doesn't beat Joe, ever. Having all those attributes & being a southy, there was just too many hurdles.

JMO
How do u feel about your comments after tonight? 6ft 2 Pavlik tonight a 5ft 7 midget hit him cleanly. the guy had a 3o and 12 record.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #52
mahunga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

How can you seriously put Calzaghe,Hopkins,or even Mayweather in the same breath as Mundine for f*ck sake the Class difference is absolutely enormous the only Gig Mundine would get would be cleaning there Boots,!!!!

Mahunga
mahunga is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #53
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
How do u feel about your comments after tonight? 6ft 2 Pavlik tonight a 5ft 7 midget hit him cleanly. the guy had a 3o and 12 record.

Oh mate I was talking about immediately after Green 2006.
Since then the Boxa machine have changed format.
That fight last night was one for the wood ducks. (As have been most since then)
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #54
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
That fight last night was one for the wood ducks. (As have been most since then)
Do u remember the sort of form Pavlik was in at his peak?
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #55
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You just wonder WHAT IN THE **** this guy has been up to? Running away from Kessler , Then the latest middleweight duck, after they had gone to purse bids.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #56
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:

JMO
boxing is 80% mental, and kessler destroyed mundines capability to believe in himself to ever hop in the ring with a true champion, hence his journeyman career since and forever after....
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #57
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
boxing is 80% mental, and kessler destroyed mundines capability to believe in himself to ever hop in the ring with a true champion, hence his journeyman career since and forever after....
Ottke destroyed his confidence, Echols gave him a shred of self-belief back, Kessler wiped that away again.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #58
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Ottke destroyed his confidence, Echols gave him a shred of self-belief back, Kessler wiped that away again.
but he beat Danny after Kessler.Danny had only 2 very questionable losses before Mundine fought him.i know Beyer clearly beat him in the second fight but IMO he was mentally disadvantaged in that fight because of being robbed badly in the first fight.he was reluctant to engage fearing a headclash and another DQ.I think its a combination of wear and tear from league and boxing,age and slowng of his once lightning fast reflexes,handspeed,maybe injuries have played a part too and bad matchmaking.with the exception of Geale he has fought shit since Green except maybe Soliman 2.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #59
mahunga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Echols was finished when he fought Mundine,subtance abuse and his Lifestyle made sure of that.!!!!!
Mahunga
mahunga is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 09:46 PM   #60
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
but he beat Danny after Kessler.Danny had only 2 very questionable losses before Mundine fought him.i know Beyer clearly beat him in the second fight but IMO he was mentally disadvantaged in that fight because of being robbed badly in the first fight.he was reluctant to engage fearing a headclash and another DQ.I think its a combination of wear and tear from league and boxing,age and slowng of his once lightning fast reflexes,handspeed,maybe injuries have played a part too and bad matchmaking.with the exception of Geale he has fought shit since Green except maybe Soliman 2.
Yeah, but Green was shit the night he fought Mundine.

Mundine hasn't had the confidence to step in the ring with anyone who could potentially beat him since Kessler. Look at the way he avoided his mandatory defence against Kessler and then the mandated rematch against Geale.

His best fight since Kessler was Soliman 2 - and that was against someone he'd already been in the ring with and felt comfortable with.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum