Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Robert Helenius to face Gregory Tony for EBU EU title.

Gregory Tony gonna open Can of Ass Whoop here fellas.

I hope Fat "Robbe" can pull it of but I have bad feelings about this. Robert is gonna face first live body in his career.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robert Helenius to face Gregory Tony for EBU EU title.

Helenius has a better resume but it is an interesting fight. Tony is a live opponent and he also had some success as a kickboxer.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir View Post
Tony is a live opponent and he also had some success as a kickboxer.
I agree. Robert was damn near to get knocked the **** out by that Nigerian Journeyman. I watched that fight live. He was literally saved by fight being 8 rounder.

Helenius always brakes something when he boxes. his body is just to un-athletic to tolerate hard action of boxing.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Un named source said in some Boxing forum that Robert used spar with Kubrat Pulev and Rober beated his ass so bad he didnt show up for next days sparring sessions.

That tells you alot of him.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
RonnieHornschuh
ESB indie police
ESB Addict

vCash: 1399

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Un named source said in some Boxing forum that Robert used spar with Kubrat Pulev and Rober beated his ass so bad he didnt show up for next days sparring sessions.

That tells you alot of him.
Helenius busted Pulev up? Doesn't seem very likely to me...
RonnieHornschuh is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh View Post
Helenius busted Pulev up? Doesn't seem very likely to me...
Belive or not, Helenius brake his ribs to condition Pulev wasnt willing to show up next day. This is inside information, top secret
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
RonnieHornschuh
ESB indie police
ESB Addict

vCash: 1399

Quote:
Belive or not, Helenius brake his ribs to condition Pulev wasnt willing to show up next day. This is inside information, top secret
Thanks for sharing...
RonnieHornschuh is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Makes sense. The Pulev-Platov fight was on again, and then mysteriously off again, with Pulev pullisng out this time.

Still, you don't play boxing. These things happen.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #9
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree. Robert was damn near to get knocked the **** out by that Nigerian Journeyman. I watched that fight live. He was literally saved by fight being 8 rounder.

Helenius always brakes something when he boxes. his body is just to un-athletic to tolerate hard action of boxing.
He broke his hand again. It doesn't have anything to do with athleticism, he had broken the hand before and fought too frequently when he came back. He fough his first few fights of his pro career with the broken hand. He really would be better off taking a year off.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #10
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Star coach Ulli Wegner believes Robert Helenius (12-0, 7 KOs) got what it takes to be a world champion one day. The “Nordic Nightmare” has set his sights on the first title of his professional career when he takes on Gregory Tony (12-0, 10 KOs) for the vacant EU Heavyweight Title on August 21. The battle from Erfurt between the two unbeaten heavyweights will be broadcast live by MTV3 starting at 22.00 local time. Wegner is convinced that Helenius has a golden future ahead. “Robert´s development is impressive,” he said. “Of all my fighters he has improved the most over the course of the last year. If he keeps training well and wins on August 21, I can promise the boxing fans in Finland that they will have
a world champion before the end of next year.”
Wegner said he discovered Helenius´ talent the moment he saw him fight. “I have a good feeling for talent,” he added. “Robert got the skills, the will and the mental strength to become a world-class boxer. He is very calm and in practice he does what I tell him to do. If he shows it in the ring, too, the sky is the limit for him. He needs to keep working hard and show a strong performance against Gregory Tony in Erfurt. The first title is a very important step into the right direction.”
Wegner, who also turned Arthur Abraham, Marco Huck, Markus Beyer, Sven Ottke and Cecilia Braekhus into world champions, is already anticipating his next visit to Helsinki. “Robert enjoys fighting in front of his home fans and we look forward to coming back to Finland soon.”
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
Star coach Ulli Wegner believes Robert Helenius (12-0, 7 KOs) got what it takes to be a world champion one day. The “Nordic Nightmare” has set his sights on the first title of his professional career when he takes on Gregory Tony (12-0, 10 KOs) for the vacant EU Heavyweight Title on August 21. The battle from Erfurt between the two unbeaten heavyweights will be broadcast live by MTV3 starting at 22.00 local time. Wegner is convinced that Helenius has a golden future ahead. “Robert´s development is impressive,” he said. “Of all my fighters he has improved the most over the course of the last year. If he keeps training well and wins on August 21, I can promise the boxing fans in Finland that they will have
a world champion before the end of next year.”
Wegner said he discovered Helenius´ talent the moment he saw him fight. “I have a good feeling for talent,” he added. “Robert got the skills, the will and the mental strength to become a world-class boxer. He is very calm and in practice he does what I tell him to do. If he shows it in the ring, too, the sky is the limit for him. He needs to keep working hard and show a strong performance against Gregory Tony in Erfurt. The first title is a very important step into the right direction.”
Wegner, who also turned Arthur Abraham, Marco Huck, Markus Beyer, Sven Ottke and Cecilia Braekhus into world champions, is already anticipating his next visit to Helsinki. “Robert enjoys fighting in front of his home fans and we look forward to coming back to Finland soon.”
Helenis champion till the end of the year? i doubt that very much? or is haye ganna fight him?
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #12
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aint no stoppin View Post
Helenis champion till the end of the year? i doubt that very much? or is haye ganna fight him?
Haye must fight
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Haye must fight
really? are they lokking to fight haye?
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #14
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aint no stoppin View Post
really? are they lokking to fight haye?
i think sauerland have some kind of contract with WBA..Helenius get real belt fight very soon
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
i think sauerland have some kind of contract with WBA..Helenius get real belt fight very soon
Awesome!

Thanks for the article.

I am looking forward to this, but a couple of people earlier seemed to have confidence in Greg Toney. If this going to be a hihgly competative fight?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum