Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Good to see the people accept the 154

yep! ill admit i didnt think he could do it, bloody good effort by him and his conditioning/nutrition staff.... what weight did he come in at? did he look crazy drained?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #17
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

He's boiled himself down to a weight that he looks anorexic at, only to rehydrate back up to a healthier weight by fight time.

He's not doing anything new, and he won't be at 154 at fight time.

Just another circus trick to distract from the fact that he ducked rematches with Kessler and Geale.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #18
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

came in at 69.5 and will fight at 73.
IBM everyone boils them selves down to a weight only to re hydrate back to a decent weight come fight time, not sure where the problem is here. As I have stated the best i have ever sen has been kostya Tzsyu he gained a heap more then that netween weigh in and fight
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #19
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i wont argue the kesler and geale thing but the weight thing is way off
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #20
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Oh I know ced, everyone does it, DLH was a great one for boiling down to make weight and then coming in at a much higher weight - look at him vs Gatti - it was like watching a MW vs a WW.

I just think it's funny how the nuthuggers (not you, I know) are saying he's made 154 as if it's some huge achievement.

On a grand scale, what import does Mundine boiling down to 154 to fight a career WW have when everyone knows he'll be coming into the ring at MW anyway?

Its all just distraction from the fact that he ran away from 168 to avoid a rematch with Kessler and he ran away from 160 to avoid a rematch with Geale.

Trying to spin it to make out he's a 'pioneer' by moving down is just him trying to polish a turd.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #21
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

IBM
I agree making 154 is a silly thing for choc to do he should be fighting at a higher weight. he will not make a dent in the international stage at 154 he needs to be 160 or 168 to be any good. 154 aint no good.
I wasn't agreeing with him doing it just saying that he could make 154 I knew he could and reported the same thats all. I got a call saying he could do it posted it here nothing more nothing else
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #22
"DJ"
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

not everyone can recover in 24hrs, and thats what its all about. RECOVERY... some do it well as mentioned, others no so much. Depends on your makeup really. and the fact that mundine has never done it, along with the fact he is 35, makes me think he will be ODLH (circa Pac fight) like....

A walking corpse in the ring.

Which, as IrnBru said, shouldnt be a problem when you are fighting a career welterweight cab driver from South America.
"DJ" is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #23
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I will have another guess....choc will have loads of energy and power and will go great...the guy hes fighting is very average so I look forward to a better test but im guessing he will KO this guy
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #24
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

forgot to say hi marcus
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #25
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by "DJ" View Post
not everyone can recover in 24hrs, and thats what its all about. RECOVERY... some do it well as mentioned, others no so much. Depends on your makeup really. and the fact that mundine has never done it, along with the fact he is 35, makes me think he will be ODLH (circa Pac fight) like....

A walking corpse in the ring.

Which, as IrnBru said, shouldnt be a problem when you are fighting a career welterweight cab driver from South America.
I think maybe we are reading into the weight thing a bit to much,we are used to seing choc at super middle most of his career, of coarse he looks much skinnier now in comparison,but that doesnt mean he is unhealthy. I dont think he looks that bad to be honest, he obviously looks bad compared to how he used to look, but there are heaps of fighters who boil down to a low weight whilst looking gaunt at the same time, and they look fine in the ring.

It all depends on how choc lost the weight,if he did it corectly he will be fine. He looks fine to me when i compare his frame and weight to other world class fighters. Choc should of started his career at super welter as he has a naturally small frame and not that tall, 5,10 n a half, a lot of kooris have a small,thin athletic frame THATS WITHOUT THE WEIGHT TRAINING.

sparta is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #26
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I will have another guess....choc will have loads of energy and power and will go great...the guy hes fighting is very average so I look forward to a better test but im guessing he will KO this guy
I think he will be full of beans tonight also, dont think he looks that bad at the weight, we will find out tonight, but i aint gona watch it, got my road work at the natio which is more important than this mismatch, the argie looks like hes here ONLY FOR THE PAY DAY, he got this i couldnt give a shit look on his face, i hope im wrong.
sparta is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #27
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

The Argie wasn't brought here to set the night alight with action. Mandy is not here for any reason better.

Both getting a pay day.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #28
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
The Argie wasn't brought here to set the night alight with action. Mandy is not here for any reason better.

Both getting a pay day.
Yes but we hope the argie at least trained hard for this and tries to have a go and not dive, some fighters are talented but have no dicipline,maybe he puts in a decent effort.
sparta is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #29
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Yeah its incredible that Mundine has made weight, especially since they used scales provided by team Mundine, overseen by Derek Milham.

From another site

Quote:
Official weigh-in was initially scheduled for 7pm. On Monday fight supervisor John Hogg was told it was changed to 6, which is consistent with ANBF Qld rules.
However, when he rolled-up was told Mundine & Jerez had already weighed-in at 4pm - supervised by WBA fight supervisor & referee Derek Milham......using Mundine's scales.
It's not a WBA title fight, albeit publicized as such, therefore shouldn't have been accepted, but I guess there was very little Hogg could do.
Mundine had in the past requested his scales be used, but request was denied.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #30
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Judging by Sherringtons report, the Argie has no chance.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum