Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
blur
WLADGLASSJAW
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Arum: Pacquiao-Mayweather fate rests on Floyd

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

MANILA, Philippines – Top Rank, Inc. big boss Bob Arum said it is all up to Floyd Mayweather, Jr. if he wants to finally face off with 7-division world champion Manny Pacquiao on November 13.
“The question is whether Mayweather is willing to go into the ring this year. It’s up to him. His people would love him to do it. He may not want to do it. If Mayweather wants to fight in November, I believe the fight will be made,” Arum told Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports.
“To me it seems – it seems, and say that, because I’m not Mayweather – that the only issue is whether he wants to fight in November,” he continued.
Mayweather and Pacquiao both scored victories this year over Shane Mosley and Joshua Clottey, respectively.
“I think the only question is whether Mayweather is prepared to fight now,” said Arum. “He may say he’s had his fight for the year and that’s it and that we’ll address it again next year. He might say that. I don’t know. I don’t know. But that’s what I’m hypothesizing.”
Mayweather’s representative, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, only had a two-word reaction to Arum’s latest pronouncement: “No comment.”
Arum then said that if Mayweather refuses to fight for a second time this year, the Pacquiao-Mayweather mega fight would be held on May 2011.
Not as attractive
Arum also disclosed that issues on the purse split and drug testing have been ironed out.
“That’s all been resolved,” he stated. “I am not going to talk about the specifics of the negotiations. You have my statement that there are no real issues that I can see, except whether he wants to fight now or later or not at all.”
Team Pacquiao earlier revealed that Mexican Antonio Margarito and Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto are being eyed as possible opponents if the Mayweather bout does not push through.
“As far as I’m concerned, we have two guys [Margarito and Cotto] in the wings who could make attractive fights for Manny, though they are certainly not as attractive as a Mayweather fight,” Arum commented.
Pacquiao’s trainer, Freddie Roach, said in a radio interview that he hopes his ward will finally get to clash with Mayweather.
“We obviously want Mayweather. He has a big mouth and we’re going to shut him up,” Roach told Bob McCown of The Fan 590 in Toronto.
“I talked to Bob Arum yesterday and he told me that he will know within a week if the deal is going to be done or not,” he added. – With reports from SportsRadioInterviews.com and Yahoo! Sports
blur is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Arum: Pacquiao-Mayweather fate rests on Floyd

least we know the fight will come off.

but as to ay 2011, can they improve their legacy anymore by fighting other people between now and may? i dont think so. who else could they beat? maybe unify two belts, but then again floyd dont care bout belts so guess not.

i think now is the best time for them to fight, when i say now i mean in the near future
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

2011 suits me a lot better
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Don Q
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

“We obviously want Mayweather. He has a big mouth and we’re going to shut him up,” Roach told Bob McCown of The Fan 590 in Toronto.

Freddie saying someone else has a big mouth... . Isn't it funny how Bob Arum is talking about a posible Cotto rematch and on a recent interview Roach is saying Cotto should retire... Typical Top Rank/Team Pacquiao ****... Easy money.
Don Q is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

so it is down to floyd now. common floyd, make the millions of boxing fans around the world happy. sign-up to fight pacquiao this year.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Arum is probably talking out his ass again. I thought they weren't supposed to be talking to the media, Floyd's side is still quiet.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #7
YENOOR

vCash:

I bet we hear that nothing has been agreed or ironed out. Arum is full of **** just like the last time.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
CYoungblood95
Contender
ESB Senior Member

what a bout the gag order? all this talk is just smoke and mirrors, so they can get people to believe that it wasnt their fault if the fight doesnt go thru...if they want the fight, make the fight and keep ur mouth shut until its done...anybody who has to talk like this to prove themselves is hiding something or deflecting the attention away from something else.
CYoungblood95 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
hoot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 873

Bob Arum said it so it has to be true.
hoot is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #10
Lamp1n
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Vivek wallaces facebook page says that the split has been sorted with Money getting more money from the PPV's. His page says the fight has been agreed by mayweathers team, its now up to money himself to agree to fight!
Lamp1n is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #11
andres31
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The losers return again with the same **** as in may, in the end they look like what they are. Morons. The big mouths losers morons anti-Floyd talking how Floyd was ducking Mosley because Mosley will destroy him. At last he signature the contract without hesitation, the morons looks like morons and he destroy Mosley in the worst way that any human being can make and the morons are still behind their **** without reasons. Losers are losers, no matter what. This year or the next Floyd will beat easily Paquiao and the morons will return with the same **** as always. But no matter what he will be 5 weight division champion 42-0 and clean.
andres31 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #12
Amp

vCash:

quote=CYoungblood95;7213317]what a bout the gag order? all this talk is just smoke and mirrors, so they can get people to believe that it wasnt their fault if the fight doesnt go thru...if they want the fight, make the fight and keep ur mouth shut until its done...anybody who has to talk like this to prove themselves is hiding something or deflecting the attention away from something else.[/quote]
Old 07-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #13
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Atleast we'll know who to blame if the fight doesnt get made now.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #14
juanitoboxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hitler is going to be ****ed
juanitoboxing is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
Toontoon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
Atleast we'll know who to blame if the fight doesnt get made now.
Why? Because Bob Arum said so?

You've got what appears to be a gagging order in place over negotiations yet you've still got Arum and Roach releasing bits to the press, people actually believe these pair of jokers without hearing the other side of the story who are actually sticking to the gagging order.

Even after Arum got caught lying in the last set of negotiations some on here will still believe what he says without question.
Toontoon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum