Holyfield Dec 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Bonecrusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 136
Default Razor Ruddock '90 vs Evander Holyfield '90

Lets just say that Holyfield makes his first title defense against Ruddock and not Foreman. Who takes it?
Bonecrusher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Razor Ruddock '90 vs Evander Holyfield '90

Hard to say. Many fighters during these years found excuses not to get in the ring with Ruddock. Razor had all the tools to beat Holyfield, but grossly lacked discipline in the ring. Ruddock always had a penchant to leave his jab in the dressing room or the gym, and never brought it to his fights. It was frustrating to watch him against Tyson, Lewis and Tommy Morrison, because he tried to load-up on the left-hook-uppercut smash without setting it up with his jab.

A disciplined, focused Ruddock without all the extra-curricular garbage from Murad Mohammed probably stops Holyfield late, but I'd lean more towards Evander winning by concerted UD. Ruddock could turn this fight into a brawl and is the favourite in that scenario. I just see him trying to land the smash too much in this fight and losing many rounds to Holyfield.
round15 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

probably Holyfield ud, don't feel rudduck has the tools or skills to knock Holyfield out.
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I like Holyfield. Maybe Ruddock has an edge in physical gifts, but he was never able to bring it for 12 (or 15) rounds like Holyfield.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
The Funny Man 7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1326

I meant to pick Holyfield by decision.
The Funny Man 7 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #6
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Ruddock was a big one punch hitter, but not a good finisher. He didnt put punches together well to finish off an opponent. Thats whats needed to put Holyfield away. I could see Ruddock hurting the brawl happy Holy of 90, but I cant see him finishing him. Holyfield by decision or late round stoppage.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #7
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Holyfield by decision.
he grant is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

I think that Holyfield would knock him out and finish off the myth that he "couldn't hurt HWs" earlier than he did.

Here's why. Ruddock was long, powerful, and very dangerous, but he left more open windows than a New England home in the summer. Holyfield had precision. He would step inside the wide arcs of Ruddock and nail him on the point of his chin. Ruddock often left that chin high enough in the air to stick a flag on it.

Holyfield is among the great counterpunchers in the history of the division. Ruddock is made for him.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
hobgoblin
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

holyfield would do what tyson failed to do. he'd brutally knockout ruddock with his counter punching and merciless assault. ruddock would end up looking like tyson against holy
hobgoblin is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Holyfield by UD after a brutal, thrilling war.
The more counter punching used the better, but I believe Evander would spend most of the fight brawling with Razor. This will be a harder fight for Holy than his tough battles with Steward, Cooper & Dokes, but as the better fighter he will prevail, while getting rocked several times along the way, however lefthook already explained that Ruddock lacks the ability to finish him.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #11
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
he left more open windows than a New England home in the summer. .

LOL ,

I like that expression. I'm gonna have to steel that one and use it from time to time, so don't be surprised if you see it some of my other posts.....
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #12
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Holyfield via clear decision. Ruddock tended to get hyped up a lot on account of his two fights with Tyson,which bemused me. They were,after all,losing fights.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #13
itrymariti
Caņas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
I think that Holyfield would knock him out and finish off the myth that he "couldn't hurt HWs" earlier than he did.

Here's why. Ruddock was long, powerful, and very dangerous, but he left more open windows than a New England home in the summer. Holyfield had precision. He would step inside the wide arcs of Ruddock and nail him on the point of his chin. Ruddock often left that chin high enough in the air to stick a flag on it.

Holyfield is among the great counterpunchers in the history of the division.
Ruddock is made for him.
itrymariti is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Holyfield is among the great counterpunchers in the history of the division. Ruddock is made for him.
I believe Holyfield has a difficult time holding up to Ruddock's power and he's not going to knock Razor out. Evander likely counterpunches his way to a UD win, but gets KO'ed himself if he stands and trades with Ruddock.

If Razor fights smartly, uses the ring and the neglected jab that got him his nickname, he could beat up Holyfield just like Lewis did the first time, if not worse. Discipline is the key here, and Razor likely reverts to his undisciplined self, loading up on the smash while Evander counters him round after round after round.
round15 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #15
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I'm very suprised 7 out of 17 have picked Holyfield to stop Rudduck. Holyfield couldn't stop Holmes/Foreman but he's stopping a man a much bigger puncher in Tyson couldn't stop? This is a 205lb Holyfield, who was pretty undersized at HW, Holyfield isn't a big puncher for his size either

Holyfield is the better boxer and technician, so I picked him, but he was a better boxer/technician against Bowe too. Rudduck may well be able to use his size to outbrawl this version of Holyfield, although I'd still go with Holy.
PowerPuncher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum