boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Briggs v Green

Chocs fight is over lets get into this fight it will ben 10 times the fight, Briggs in perth the Qld now Syd for his prep Billy and jeff in his corner i think he will give it his best but be beat on points , i cannot see either one being koed, Green on points what is that paying
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Briggs v Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
Chocs fight is over lets get into this fight it will ben 10 times the fight, Briggs in perth the Qld now Syd for his prep Billy and jeff in his corner i think he will give it his best but be beat on points , i cannot see either one being koed, Green on points what is that paying
Briggs looks in great shape...hes put on some size and lost weight....he looks ready to go in 2 weeks
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
straight left
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 254
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs v Green

Paul Briggs will KO'd so quickly he will be asking who his trainers are when Hussein and Fenech come to pick up off the floor !!!

Please boys put things into perspective. The guy was dropped by Green in sparring when he was at his PEAK ! This will be a MASSACRE pure and simple!
straight left is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs v Green

Green was also min trouble in sparring, and briggs was never dropped, he was hit hard and Fenech decided to limit to body shots, yes if the ropes were not there he may have fallen but no one can be 100% sure he would have been dropped
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 762
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Briggs v Green

I tend to agree but at least briggs is the right weight and was once (stioll maybe) world class not someone ranked 6th best in their country and > 100 in the world.
shiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs v Green

straight left
were you there in sparring, i was so let me know what you thought
( I was only there the one day )
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Briggs v Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
straight left
were you there in sparring, i was so let me know what you thought
( I was only there the one day )
How long ago was this?
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,642
vCash: 166
Default Re: Briggs v Green

I wasnt a fan of this fight at first...but either way its going to be far more enjoyable fight than Choc's last few efforts.

It might not be a internationally relevant fight against two guys at their peak but it should be watchable domestic s**** where both guys get a decent cheque for their efforts.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,235
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Briggs v Green

As long as Briggs is in good shape I reckon it'll be a balltearer.

I'm watching it for sure.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs v Green

is Tomlinson on the undercard?
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:44 PM   #11
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Briggs v Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
is Tomlinson on the undercard?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

...not listed Stiffy.


Tempted to get on a plane and attend - but just have a strong gut feeling Green v Briggs will be short and sweet.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:57 PM   #12
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs v Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
I tend to agree but at least briggs is the right weight and was once (stioll maybe) world class not someone ranked 6th best in their country and > 100 in the world.
**** you're a dumb ****.why didnt you **** off whn you lost the Green wont comeback after he announced his fake ass retirement bet with lefty.Greens a bigger coward and fake than bumdine.Siaca semi-retired,Briggs 3 years retired next probably Jeff Harding.if Green doesnt KO a Briggs who hasnt even had a lead in fight after 3 years off it shows how ordinary he is.whats the bet after he KO's the fly blown Briggs he calls out Mundine.............again.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #13
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,292
vCash: 346
Default Re: Briggs v Green

Kickett doesnt have an opponent, would be a good match for Tomilson i rekon.

I still dont get it how the IBO can legally sanction this bout and look at themselfs in the mirror each morning! I never read the article that cleared Paul of his health problems, all ive read is speculation that he is ok, best prey he is because a 3 yr retirment due to health problems and throwing him in with a current so called world champ is imo neglect at the highest level.

He should have been made to have a warmup fight at the very least. Dont get me wrong i am a huge fan of Paul Briggs but i dont think this is right and if Paul is hurt in any seriouse way there will be ramifications for yrs to come for the IBO.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:19 AM   #14
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs v Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Kickett doesnt have an opponent, would be a good match for Tomilson i rekon.

I still dont get it how the IBO can legally sanction this bout and look at themselfs in the mirror each morning! I never read the article that cleared Paul of his health problems, all ive read is speculation that he is ok, best prey he is because a 3 yr retirment due to health problems and throwing him in with a current so called world champ is imo neglect at the highest level.

He should have been made to have a warmup fight at the very least. Dont get me wrong i am a huge fan of Paul Briggs but i dont think this is right and if Paul is hurt in any seriouse way there will be ramifications for yrs to come for the IBO.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Phil Austin said any health fears have been alleviated in this article.for what thats worth.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #15
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Briggs v Green

Briggs is durable but Green should bash him and I wont be surprised if its short and sweet
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015