Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #16
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bulk Hogan weighs boxing down-Danny Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
disagree beaver.his point is still valid even though hes a hypocrite i know hes using Mundines name to raise his profile like he has the last 10 years but i seen that Hogan guy on the news he was woeful.the fact he was on the news instead of Leapai is even more laughable.
The point i'm trying to make (and i admit i didn't do a good job of making it) is every tom, dick and harry could see the SBW farce for what it was.. we didn't need ****'n Danny Green piping up in the press making his comments..... blind freddy could see the Mundines circus act with his monkeys .
the beaver is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #17
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
disagree beaver.his point is still valid even though hes a hypocrite i know hes using Mundines name to raise his profile like he has the last 10 years but i seen that Hogan guy on the news he was woeful.the fact he was on the news instead of Leapai is even more laughable.

Yeah, I saw him on the news, but he was so fat, the TV table legs broke & I had to lay on the floor to watch it.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #18
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Charlie Zelenoff vs Yellow Fag-bag.

Ideal main support for the Mundine vs Waters blockbuster.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #19
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
i mean a Danny Green who had an amateur career represented his country in the Olympic Games as opposed to league/union with no boxing background player fighting as a promotional gimmick to pay back a debt.
hahaha, so all of a sudden Green's got a pedigree - make your mind up.

You honestly can't see the difference between SBW fighting Hogan and Green fighting a trained boxer with only 3 pro fights to his name in his 3rd pro fight?

What about the fact that a lot of interest in the card would have been due to the publicity around SBW fighting on it? Was there any mention of it only being a 'promotional gimmick to pay back a debt' - nope, it was being billed as SBW's 'second pro fight'.

You reckon it was okay to sell the bullshit main event on the back of that?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #20
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
i mean a danny green who had an amateur career represented his country in the olympic games as opposed to league/union with no boxing background player fighting as a promotional gimmick to pay back a debt.
Good point
Old 07-02-2010, 12:52 AM   #21
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver View Post
The point i'm trying to make (and i admit i didn't do a good job of making it) is every tom, dick and harry could see the SBW farce for what it was.. we didn't need ****'n Danny Green piping up in the press making his comments..... blind freddy could see the Mundines circus act with his monkeys .
No mate, the general public didn't know the SBW fight was a farce, in fact, that 'farce' was heavily relied on to garner Joe Public's interest in the card, which is why there was a backlash in the press about what a farce it was - people were expecting more.

Sure, we know because we've got half a clue about the background machinations of it all.

As for this article, Green's just keeping his name in the headlines, much like Mundine was doing by calling Beetson, Walford and Tallis coconuts last week but at least Green isn't resorting to racism to keep his name in the news.

But he does have a point - fights like the SBW vs Hogan one are a joke and aren't going to convince Joe Public to part with his hard-earned as easily next time.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:02 AM   #22
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
No mate, the general public didn't know the SBW fight was a farce, in fact, that 'farce' was heavily relied on to garner Joe Public's interest in the card, which is why there was a backlash in the press about what a farce it was - people were expecting more.

Sure, we know because we've got half a clue about the background machinations of it all.

As for this article, Green's just keeping his name in the headlines, much like Mundine was doing by calling Beetson, Walford and Tallis coconuts last week but at least Green isn't resorting to racism to keep his name in the news.

But he does have a point - fights like the SBW vs Hogan one are a joke and aren't going to convince Joe Public to part with his hard-earned as easily next time.

I think SBW first fight was canvassesd this way but i thought the second fight came in a little under the radar given news limited hate for both Mundine and SBW (which most of it i agree).

I think anyone with half a brain knew SBW opponent was going to fight another Gary "Baboon" Gurr.... i guess the more educated boxing fans knew it was a semi pro type of affair.

In essence i think we all agree this is a slight on Aussie boxing

P.S Just had a 6 schooners for lunch
Old 07-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #23
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver View Post
I think SBW first fight was canvassesd this way but i thought the second fight came in a little under the radar given news limited hate for both Mundine and SBW (which most of it i agree).

I think anyone with half a brain knew SBW opponent was going to fight another Gary "Baboon" Gurr.... i guess the more educated boxing fans knew it was a semi pro type of affair.

In essence i think we all agree this is a slight on Aussie boxing

P.S Just had a 6 schooners for lunch
Old 07-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #24
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
hahaha, so all of a sudden Green's got a pedigree - make your mind up.

You honestly can't see the difference between SBW fighting Hogan and Green fighting a trained boxer with only 3 pro fights to his name in his 3rd pro fight?

What about the fact that a lot of interest in the card would have been due to the publicity around SBW fighting on it? Was there any mention of it only being a 'promotional gimmick to pay back a debt' - nope, it was being billed as SBW's 'second pro fight'.

You reckon it was okay to sell the bullshit main event on the back of that?
he represented his country in the olympics.the SBW was a farce we all agree on that.Mundine was using his name to sell PPV's we all agree on that but Green is a big a hypocrite on the promo to the Siaca fight he shoowed 6 year old footage of Siaca flooring Mundine.did Mundine mention that since then Siaca had fought 5 fights in 5 years the last being at MW.no.on this Briggs promo he has Paul flooring Adamek.does Mundine mention hes 3 years retired with health issues and hasnt even had a lead in fight against someone shit like Anthony Van Neikirk..no.Green is obsessed with Mundine and has never got over his emmbarassing loss to him.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #25
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

I'd love to see a Mundine promo with footage of his opponents. Usually they can't find any.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #26
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
I'd love to see a Mundine promo with footage of his opponents. Usually they can't find any.
this latest fight they didnt they just had him and SBW and WBA KO to drugs.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #27
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
So true and obviously so sad, but it is Mundines career in a nut shell.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #28
noobie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

God some of you guys views are so clouded.

The fact is Sonny Bill aint no boxer, never has been and probably never will. He fought some useless dude, as it was always going to be. Sonny Bill has had 1 'fight' prior to this - if he fought Leapai some of you would still find fault.

Green should look at his own record first, some of the 'boxers' put in front of him were terrible in the early days, just guys looking to be beaten up on.
Green is as bad as Mundine and they are both whinging sooks. The sooner they retire the sooner a guy like Katsidis gets his due and I hope its sooner rather than later.
noobie is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #29
StWerburghs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobie View Post
God some of you guys views are so clouded.

The fact is Sonny Bill aint no boxer, never has been and probably never will. He fought some useless dude, as it was always going to be. Sonny Bill has had 1 'fight' prior to this - if he fought Leapai some of you would still find fault.

Green should look at his own record first, some of the 'boxers' put in front of him were terrible in the early days, just guys looking to be beaten up on.
Green is as bad as Mundine and they are both whinging sooks. The sooner they retire the sooner a guy like Katsidis gets his due and I hope its sooner rather than later.

I saw the fight, and this Hogan was the worst fighter I have ever seen. Surley Green could never have fought anyone that bad. He looks like hes never even stepped into a boxing gym let alone a ring.

It seems like quite a few of you have quite a low opinion of Green aswell. I thought he would of been well liked but i guess im wrong.
StWerburghs is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 05:10 AM   #30
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

SBW was offerd to fight this guy ...

Lucas Browne

But instead they chose to fight this guy..

FAT LARD!

Last edited by TCboxa; 07-03-2010 at 05:44 AM.
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum