Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default MUNDINE INJURED IN TRAFFIC ACCIDENT. Broken leg ...

Breaking news. Mundine has been injured in a 4WD traffic accident. His leg is broken, how bad we don't know at the moment but at his age this effectively spells the end of his career.

In other news, Season 13 of the ESB Australian tipping competition is about to start. If you are a boxing expert you need to demonstrate your skills. Don't just talk about it, show us what you know. At the moment the reigning champion is Mundine Nuthugger Extradonaire, the one and only Ashley. You people need to shut him up. Or are you all little chicken shits? Man up!

The system used to score fights will be the following:

* correct winner = 15
* correct winner + correct decision pick = 25
* correct winner + correct stoppage pick = 30

Decision picks:

* correct wide or close decision pick* = 30

Stoppage picks**:

* 3 rounds or less off correct stoppage round = 35
* 1 round off correct stoppage round = 40
* correct stoppage round = 45

Draw = 50 points

* a wide unanimous decision: a decision where all three judges score the fight for one fighter and two or more of the judges' scores are four points or more apart e.g. 116-112, 115-111, 116-111, etc.
* a close unanimous decision: a decision where all three judges score the fight for one fighter and two or more of the judges' scores are three points or less apart e.g. 115-112, 116-113, 114-112, etc. A split decision or a majority decision is scored as a close unanimous decision.

** a disqualification or retirement will count as a stoppage win.

JOKER MATCH: in each tipping round, one of the matches will be the Joker Match. Any points you earn in the Joker Match will be doubled.

How to post your picks:

Please post your picks as follows: e.g.

"Calzaghe UD wide", if you think Calzaghe will win a unanimous decision over Kessler at a difference of points greater or equal to four points

"Calzaghe UD close", if you think Calzaghe will win a decision over Kessler at a difference of points smaller or equal to three points, a majority or split decision.

"Kessler T/KO 3", if you think Kessler will beat Calzaghe by stoppage, disqualification or retirement in the third round. Always pick a stoppage round when you make a pick!

"Calzaghe Draw Kessler" if you think the fight between Calzaghe and Kessler will end up a draw.

If you pick a stoppage - say what round!
If you pick a decision - say "wide" or "close"!

*** SPECIAL PRIZE ***
Basically winner gets a black hoodie with ESB BOXING on the front. ESB SAYS MUNDINE SUCKS on the back. The hoodie will be custom printed. See below.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Please reply to this post to confirm your entry to the 13th edition of the prestigious ESB Tipping Competition.

Places are limited to 20 participants. Confirmed participants are:

donkeyking
Ashley
Hmmm
ipswich express
stewy
Barrera_Fan
Kegsy
PorkChopExpress
Bognashavin
ThirdGeary
TCboxa

Last edited by donkeyking; 07-03-2010 at 11:44 PM.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: MUNDINE INJURED IN TRAFFIC ACCIDENT. Broken leg ...

Yeah count me in.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I cant be beat...I going to make your kids, kids, kids remember me.....Im going to be the best....ever
ashley is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #4
snakeface
The Woodside Hurricane
ESB Addict

vCash: 125

is this another wwe style hoax?
snakeface is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

count me in
stewy is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Yeah count me in
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Im in as always
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

In
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I did a Google search and the only reference on the Net to Mundine breaking his leg..... links to this thread
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #10
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yup i iz in.
Bognashavin is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker View Post
I did a Google search and the only reference on the Net to Mundine breaking his leg..... links to this thread
Why aren't you in the tipping contest oztriker? Is your boxing knowledge lacking? We can forgive you if the only fighter you know is Mundine. Just say so, then we can leave you alone.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #12
Thirdgeary
Clincher
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 117

I'm ready to rock n roll
Thirdgeary is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #13
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
Why aren't you in the tipping contest oztriker? Is your boxing knowledge lacking? We can forgive you if the only fighter you know is Mundine. Just say so, then we can leave you alone.
I go back to the days of Lionel Rose... Famecheon... Rocky (Big Mouth) Gattelari... Tony Mundine etc.... The days when fighter's fought every week(sometimes twice a week under false names)..... The fights were on TV every Friday.....

But nowdays.... with the advent of so many BULLSHIT Titles.... my interest has waned

I still love watching the likes of Darchynian... Kastidas etc who will step up and give it a go ..... But with the likes of Mundine and Co.... Aussie boxing is no better than Pro wrestling except the acting is much worse

I haven't watched a Mundine fight for several years.... and until he steps it up... I never will .... so, I'm guessing I won't see the great Charlatan in action ever again.

My opinion.... for what it's worth.... Kostya.... Fenech and Mundine all brought Boxing to the forefront in Australia..... I watched pretty much every fight that Fenech and Kostya had.... But those same mates have not watched a fight for years.... WHY?....

Because of one.... Anthony Mundine.... His alliance with the sleazebag of Aussie boxing... Khoder Nasser has destroyed boxing in Australia
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

ill throw my hat in!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #15
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker View Post
I go back to the days of Lionel Rose... Famecheon... Rocky (Big Mouth) Gattelari... Tony Mundine etc.... The days when fighter's fought every week(sometimes twice a week under false names)..... The fights were on TV every Friday.....

But nowdays.... with the advent of so many BULLSHIT Titles.... my interest has waned

I still love watching the likes of Darchynian... Kastidas etc who will step up and give it a go ..... But with the likes of Mundine and Co.... Aussie boxing is no better than Pro wrestling except the acting is much worse

I haven't watched a Mundine fight for several years.... and until he steps it up... I never will .... so, I'm guessing I won't see the great Charlatan in action ever again.

My opinion.... for what it's worth.... Kostya.... Fenech and Mundine all brought Boxing to the forefront in Australia..... I watched pretty much every fight that Fenech and Kostya had.... But those same mates have not watched a fight for years.... WHY?....

Because of one.... Anthony Mundine.... His alliance with the sleazebag of Aussie boxing... Khoder Nasser has destroyed boxing in Australia
Kegsy and Hmmm pick the fights.
Fights are chosen from cards all around the world. EU, USA, Asia, Latin America. So you are saying you don't watch top class boxing anymore? Only the ones from the 80's and 70's. For your information, in the last season there weren't any Mundine nor Green fights. But there were Kats and Vic fights.

Me thinks you just dont want to hurt your ego. Especially when the Nuthugger Ash owns your old sorry ass. Just cant handle the humiliation hey. We understand.

Same goes for Flamengo, Rodin, Sallywinder et al. Ash wants to pawn your sorry asses. Watch black and white fights only. Debate about them endlessly from your ivory tower because no one can prove you wrong. Its time to put up or shut up cunts. Show us the light. Enlighten us poor mortals from your high horse with regards to your boxing expertise.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum