Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default The way I see Hatton vs. Mayweather going

I said in another thread I don't believe it will happen, and I still don't. However, everyone is talking about it, so I thought I'd break it down.

This fight is interesting because it is the age old boxer vs. fighter mach-up. No-one on this forum will deny than PBF is one of the best boxers of all-time and certainly the greatest around today. Hatton is a true fighter and the epitome of 'It may not be pretty, but it's effective'.

Now, I think we can all agree that stylistically, Hatton has the edge. By far the closest fight Mayweather has had was against Castillo. His last fight, whe De La Hoya was actually pressing the action, Mayweather lost rounds. The thing is, Hatton is more aggressive than both Castillo and De La Hoya. Whilst De La Hoya had energy, he was actually winning the fight and stamina is no issue for a cut Hatton.

Personlly, I think this is a toss-up fight. I think Hatton has the big edge in styles, but Mayweather has the talent to overcome that. On raw talent alone, he can beat every fighter in history at least once in his weightclass.

I'd personally say a Hatton UD. That's not because I prefer Hatton as a fighter either. I think he has the style and stamina to win. Mayweather on the other hand, lacks the power to truly keep him away. I'm nto sure of Mayweather can cause Hatton a whole lot of problems doing what he does best, but again, his natural skills - His speed and agility could make this a relatively easy night for him.

I think all the fans, whether Mayweather or Hatton can agree this is a close fight, so please no stupid comments like "PBF KO3" or "Hatton KO1". Show some respect to both guys.

Hatton UD in a very close fight.
Jack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
josak
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The way I see Hatton vs. Mayweather going

I agree.
josak is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
mightyd40
Spartan
ESB Senior Member

i would say, honestly that mayweather wins nearly every round in a fairly one sided fight
mightyd40 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
Shotgun
Who Nex?
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutthee
Either way, DLH would KO Hatton
Irrelevant. Mayweather dismantled Corrales. Castillo gave Mayweather his toughest fight ever and a lot of people thought he beat Mayweather. So Castillo should mop the floor with Corrales without breaking a sweat right? Only he didn't

The thing is even though De La Hoya is a bigger and more talented boxer than Hatton, stylistically Hatton matches up better

DLH would dominate Castillo too. But Castillo still gave Mayweather a tougher fight than DLH did
Shotgun is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
Mohak
RIP Smokin' Joe
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I just can't see anyone beating Mayweather right now. PBF UD
Mohak is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutthee
DLH was able to press the action to Floyd at 154 lbs, will Hatton is 140 lbs.
Definetly. PBF's strength is his near perfect defence and that means he stands still whilst doing it. Any good attacker, which Hatton clearly is, should be able to press him back.

Is Hatton's attack good enough to beat PBF's defence?
Jack is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
Snakefist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Please don't compare DLH to Hatton... it's a very bad comparison. 1) DLH is MUCH more naturally bigger then Hatton, 2) DLH has good defensive, which in the fght with Mayweather he showed this, 3) DLH has a good jab which gave mayweather fits in the beginning, 4) DLH has much better form then Hatton and is overall more talent (he aint wild and on the occasion that he got wild he got caught with a shot that hurt him some in the 4th round).

Hatton has no defense, is pretty wild which makes him ample for counter punching with punches he doesn't see. I don't think he does well against slick boxers, he won't be moving Floyd around the ring like DLH was. Plus Floyd had to fight to all of DLH's demands which won't even exist in this fight.

You can't compare Hatton with DLH.... The only person that Floyd has fought that you can compare with is Jesus Chavez, but even he wasn't as wild as hatton was, but that is the closest. Floyd wasn't in his prime then, but if you check that fight out it can give you glimspe on how some rounds will go. Hatton's wide and wild shots won't even land on Floyd because of his defense but he will hit hatton with many uppercuts and overhand rights. Floyd's defense is set in such a way that he is always in position to trhow uppercuts and right hands.
Snakefist is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #8
Snakefist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Definetly. PBF's strength is his near perfect defence and that means he stands still whilst doing it. Any good attacker, which Hatton clearly is, should be able to press him back.

Is Hatton's attack good enough to beat PBF's defence?
The thing about Floyd's defense is he is always in position to punch. Pleaze watch the Jesus Chavez fight (who was a elite fighter around that time), which is the only fighter even remotely similar to Hatton, besides the clinches.

Floyds good quality about his defense isn't just that it is nearly impregnable, but rather that he is always in position to throw punches, specificially uppercuts and right hands. So the aggressive fighter has a lot to worry about when he is punching, Floyd isn't just standing there.

This is only the last 2 rounds but all I could find of it. And Mayweather in this fight didn't even dance around actually.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 06-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #9
Shotgun
Who Nex?
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist
The thing about Floyd's defense is he is always in position to punch. Pleaze watch the Jesus Chavez fight, which is the only fighter even remotely similar to Hatton, besides the clinches.

Floyds good quality about his defense isn't just that it is nearly impregnable, but rather that he is always in position to throw punches, specificially uppercuts and right hands.

This is only the last 2 rounds but all I could find of it. And Mayweather in this fight didn't even dance around actually.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hatton is bigger, stronger, faster, and much better than Chavez, not to mention uses a lot more roughouse tactics
Shotgun is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
BeamBlack
Journeyman

PBF TKO11 Hatton. I see Floyd tagging him all day with shots. Though I don't think he will hurt Hatton much I think he messes up Hatton's face enough for the ref to call it a night.
BeamBlack is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #11
Snakefist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun
Hatton is bigger, stronger, faster, and much better than Chavez, not to mention uses a lot more roughouse tactics
Hatton is wild as hell and will get hit so clean throughout the whole fight. His style is the type where he will get hit with punches he don't see. And Chavez used a lot of rough housse tactics through out the fight just that in those roungs he slowed down from all the punishment he was taking.

Hatton is bigger no doubt, but I don't consider him strong, or having good power, but he is a nice body puncher, but he won't be hitting mayweather to the body. He is going to have to eat a lot of shots to do anything of significance to Floyd since he has absolutely zero defense and is wild.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #12
KillerInstinct
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Damn, PBF's strength getting underrated now. At 154, yeah he doesn't have much power..but back at 140? He may not be able to hurt Hatton with 1 shot..but an accumulation of punches would destroy Hatton's paper machete face.
KillerInstinct is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #13
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I love how jesus Chavez, and Phillip Ndou, and Jose Luis Castillo were all good enough fighters to make a fight with mayweather exciting...

It's a shame Mayweather gets all the blame for being a "boring fighter" when, it really just turns out that his opponents aren't good enough to make it exciting.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #14
justaboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I see this fight being as one sided as his fight with Corrales. Outboxing Hatton and slowly breaking his will round after round for a late TKO or wide UD
justaboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 AM   #15
Shotgun
Who Nex?
ESB Senior Member

You guys are hilarious. JLC gives Mayweather hell. Jesus Chavez had his moments strictly based on consistent pressure, even though he was dominated over all he had his moments and he's not even close to Hatton's level as a fighter

The people saying that it'll be like Gatti or Corrales are flat out ignoring style matchups, Hatton fights NOTHING like either of those guys. The few guys Mayweather has fought that fight halfway similar to Hatton gave him a lot more trouble than those two
Shotgun is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum