Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #16
nrgetic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kegsy

Kickett is technically way superior to Zappavigno who is willing and passionate but wide open for an upper cut in the way in and would struggle against a guy with good footwork. Kickett by KO early
nrgetic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #17
Dojo
The Animal
ESB Senior Member

Hey Craig, I heard Andy Raymond saying Willie will be fighting on the Chris John card in Jakarta next. I checked on boxrec but no date was up. I'll be in Jakarta in February so I'm hoping it's around that time so I can go to the fight, any idea of the date yet?
Dojo is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #18
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet
Lenny looks better now?...are you serious?

He's been dropped in his last two fights by guys who aren't notable punchers. Tell me another hot prospect anywhere in the world who has been decked in successive fights in a 11 bout pro career?

His style WONT take him places quickly...he is becoming more of a punching, stand and deliver fighter...with a shaky chin, this is the style he DOESN'T want to be using. Hi sbest assets are his speed and skills...i actually think he is getting away from beinfg a boxer/mover and if he continues like this he's going to be trying to pick himself up off the canvas alot more.

Kickett is a sharp shooter. Lenny is punching alot wider now...and early in the fight. He's regressing if you ask me. Willy will have plenty of opportunities to land on Lenny...and it doesn't take much to drop him.

IF...Zappa tightened up and kept his head a little, he would have a better chance but I think he is getting right away from his "amateur" style and it's not helping him one bit.

Kickett by ko.
Lots of good prospects go down early in their career. Oscar did. Amir Khan has. Andre Berto has. Miguel Cotto did. Juan Diaz did. It just serves a bit of a wakeup call for them thats all. Doesn't mean that he is really chinny or waiting to be exposed, but that they are perhaps a touch over confident.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #19
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Welcome Craig!! great to have you posting on here mate

Kicket is far more skilled that Zappa IMO, but no need to rush kicket into a fight with a big puncher. Maybe a few more rounds and fights, but also if Kicket is keen and you think he is ready, dont wait and keep moving forward Craig.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #20
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus

Kicket is far more skilled that Zappa IMO, but no need to rush kicket into a fight with a big puncher. Maybe a few more rounds and fights, but also if Kicket is keen and you think he is ready, dont wait and keep moving forward Craig.
Exactly if u guys believe Willy Kickett is ready then go for it.
Otherwise look to bring him along slowly ahead of those matches for next year.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #21
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet
Lenny looks better now?...are you serious?

He's been dropped in his last two fights by guys who aren't notable punchers. Tell me another hot prospect anywhere in the world who has been decked in successive fights in a 11 bout pro career?

His style WONT take him places quickly...he is becoming more of a punching, stand and deliver fighter...with a shaky chin, this is the style he DOESN'T want to be using. Hi sbest assets are his speed and skills...i actually think he is getting away from beinfg a boxer/mover and if he continues like this he's going to be trying to pick himself up off the canvas alot more.

Kickett is a sharp shooter. Lenny is punching alot wider now...and early in the fight. He's regressing if you ask me. Willy will have plenty of opportunities to land on Lenny...and it doesn't take much to drop him.

IF...Zappa tightened up and kept his head a little, he would have a better chance but I think he is getting right away from his "amateur" style and it's not helping him one bit.

Kickett by ko.
Yes I think his style will take him places.

Arturo Gatti is one of most popular fighters of his generation but he probably was never even be in the top 20 p4p.
Why did people love such a fighter with such average skills?? Because they loved watching his style, they loved the fact he could be hurt and come back, they loved the fact he KTFO of people.

I dont even need to speculate about it because Lenny has already been slated to fight in America and has been over there training with some of the best fighters in the world.
Tell me another 11 fight prospect in Australia who has done that recently?
Fact is people who fight like Lenny move up the ladder quicker than people who fight like Willie, granted as long as they keep winning of course.
Rocky Katsdias is living proof of this, who the hell was Rocky before he fought Earl? Really what had he done to warrant being ranked so high?
Now he is seriously being considered an opponant for the 2nd best fighter in the world and probably the most exciting.

Willie is certainly no sweet pea yet, he can be caught. When I first saw Willie I was actually a little disapointed because they hype surrounding him was so considerable.
Now I have seen him for myself I know he is a man with a hell of a lot of potential but he just needs to get the experience to realise it.

The point of my previous post is that, Lenny has been in there with a higher calibre of opposition and usually has looked more impressive in dispatching their common opponants. You can only go on current form not pontential form.
I made it pretty clear that Lenny has "*****s in the armour" starting to show and that in time Willie "could well surpass him".

Im not disagreeing with you, Lenny needs to take a step back and not be so wild and overly agressive. But even as an amateur you could see he had a more T.V friendly way about the way he fought and it would be more suited to the pros.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #22
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Yes I think his style will take him places.

Arturo Gatti is one of most popular fighters of his generation but he probably was never even be in the top 20 p4p.
Why did people love such a fighter with such average skills?? Because they loved watching his style, they loved the fact he could be hurt and come back, they loved the fact he KTFO of people.

I dont even need to speculate about it because Lenny has already been slated to fight in America and has been over there training with some of the best fighters in the world.
Tell me another 11 fight prospect in Australia who has done that recently?
Fact is people who fight like Lenny move up the ladder quicker than people who fight like Willie, granted as long as they keep winning of course.
Rocky Katsdias is living proof of this, who the hell was Rocky before he fought Earl? Really what had he done to warrant being ranked so high?
Now he is seriously being considered an opponant for the 2nd best fighter in the world and probably the most exciting.

Willie is certainly no sweet pea yet, he can be caught. When I first saw Willie I was actually a little disapointed because they hype surrounding him was so considerable.
Now I have seen him for myself I know he is a man with a hell of a lot of potential but he just needs to get the experience to realise it.

The point of my previous post is that, Lenny has been in there with a higher calibre of opposition and usually has looked more impressive in dispatching their common opponants. You can only go on current form not pontential form.
I made it pretty clear that Lenny has "*****s in the armour" starting to show and that in time Willie "could well surpass him".

Im not disagreeing with you, Lenny needs to take a step back and not be so wild and overly agressive. But even as an amateur you could see he had a more T.V friendly way about the way he fought and it would be more suited to the pros.
Great read WhataRock.
Lenny does have a very exciting style no doubt.
I always enjoy watching him & cant wait to see him again.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 06:04 AM   #23
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3000
Hey Craig, I heard Andy Raymond saying Willie will be fighting on the Chris John card in Jakarta next. I checked on boxrec but no date was up. I'll be in Jakarta in February so I'm hoping it's around that time so I can go to the fight, any idea of the date yet?
You are going to be in Jakarta???

BUSINESS TRIP I GATHER??
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 06:50 AM   #24
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffo
kickett ko1
lenny will destroy kickett. i remember a week ago craig said ryan would beat lenny and look wat happened.
huricn is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 06:51 AM   #25
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus

being more of a show boat doesnt mean more skill
huricn is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #26
Dojo
The Animal
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
You are going to be in Jakarta???

BUSINESS TRIP I GATHER??

Nah mate my Mrs is Indonesian, going to visit her family.
Dojo is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #27
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Hey Craig. Yeh good to see you finally joining your lady in viewing this forum.

Zappa is very hittable. Dulog dropped him a couple of times. Willie just needs to keep his cool because Lenny Will lash out with a vengeance if he's hurt.

Kickett has been trained well - more specifically you have allowed him to take advantage of his natural speed and talent. Willie does need to build some more muscle, which i think wont come at the expense of too much speed, as he has speed in excess.

Willie can easily beat Zappa. In fact i have little doubt that Willy would win. I think a fight with Zappa will be more of a mental test for Willy than a physical test. What i mean is it will test his patience, his ability to keep kewl and level headed, and placing utmost concentration on his defense.

Oh and bad luck bout Ben... sorry mate.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 08:54 PM   #28
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm
Hey Craig. Yeh good to see you finally joining your lady in viewing this forum.
Starmc is Craigs sister, not lady, though I'm only assuming shes not his lady cos they're brother and sister.

Though I guess you can never be too sure.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 PM   #29
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

of course I i meant sister....

accidental slip there, soz
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #30
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman howe
i reckon cool willie would beat him, zappas got talent but the wrong people round him.cool willies got the stuff and if hes got a chin man i think lewis might b right for once.
what do u mean zappa has the wrong ppl aroung him. his trainer tommy is one of the best and most dedicated trainers in oz and his manager billy is up very exp and knows the game internationaly.

that comment is stupid
huricn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum