Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #16
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: Timbo Bradley: I'm comin back to 140 to clean up the filth in that division

Fact is Khan isn't going to fight the winner or loser of Bradley - Alexander. He will try to fight Ortiz or JMM or Juan Diaz, but he isn't fighting a legit 140 fighter. You can see that much in his trying to fight every name 135 fighter that is active.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356
Default Re: Timbo Bradley: I'm comin back to 140 to clean up the filth in that division

All Bradley and Alexander have to do is win their next fights and they'll be getting it on for big money in January on HBO. Look good fellas and everything is set.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #18
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 218

Good.. Seems he has changed his tune..
renyo is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #19
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Fact is Khan isn't going to fight the winner or loser of Bradley - Alexander. He will try to fight Ortiz or JMM or Juan Diaz, but he isn't fighting a legit 140 fighter. You can see that much in his trying to fight every name 135 fighter that is active.
Khan has alot of haters who discredit him based on some press releases but when you look at what has happened in the ring, in 3 fights at 140 he has fought two Ring Magazine top 10 guys in Kotelnik and Malignaggi and one undefeated mandatory challenger in Salita. Not one of those guys is a 135lb fighter and he fought them all back to back after moving up from 135.

But you know some fighters will be hated on for certain reasons no matter what they do.

Even if Khan beats Marquez, Maidana, and then the winner of Bradley/Alexander, he will still have haters its the nature of the sport.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #20
nightmare nick
Take that Bald Bull
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
Khan has alot of haters who discredit him based on some press releases but when you look at what has happened in the ring, in 3 fights at 140 he has fought two Ring Magazine top 10 guys in Kotelnik and Malignaggi and one undefeated mandatory challenger in Salita. Not one of those guys is a 135lb fighter and he fought them all back to back after moving up from 135.

But you know some fighters will be hated on for certain reasons no matter what they do.

Even if Khan beats Marquez, Maidana, and then the winner of Bradley/Alexander, he will still have haters its the nature of the sport.
people give khan a hard time but that is because a lot is expected of him. also anytime a fighter looks like they are going for a bigger name with less risk they catch some heat. furthermore, although he has fought OK opposition at 140 so far, he has been the heavy favorite going into all those fights, particularly the PM an salita fights. i don't think he should fight the winner of marquez diaz and won't give him much credit for a win over either one.
nightmare nick is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #21
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Manny is scared of black fighters so he will never come down to fight Bradley or Alexander and he is ducking Mayweather @147!!!! That's why the names you here from team Pac are Margarito and Cotto 2 guys they know for a fact he can beat.
Samski313 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #22
snakeface
The Woodside Hurricane
ESB Addict

vCash: 125

this real? ...."filth" in that division?
snakeface is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
nightmare nick
Take that Bald Bull
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samski313 View Post
Manny is scared of black fighters so he will never come down to fight Bradley or Alexander and he is ducking Mayweather @147!!!! That's why the names you here from team Pac are Margarito and Cotto 2 guys they know for a fact he can beat.
are you serious? I like bradley and alexander a lot, but neither have a prayer against pac. alexander is way to green for pac and bradley was dropped by kendal holt. bradley is a really solid fighter but is no atg, pac is, big differance.
nightmare nick is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #24
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare nick View Post
are you serious? I like bradley and alexander a lot, but neither have a prayer against pac. alexander is way to green for pac and
Quote:
bradley was dropped by kendal holt.
bradley is a really solid fighter but is no atg, pac is, big differance.

What does that have to do with anything? Pacquiao was dropped by torrecampo and singurat!!

My point is Manny will never fight these guys thats why they bring up Margo or Cotto!!!!
Samski313 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #25
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
"I still have unfinished business (at 140), I have Devon Alexander I want to take care of, I have Amir Khan I have to take care of, and (Marcos) Maidana. We can do a hat trick. These guys, I want to face...Devon and his team have been woofing a lot and we need to make this fight happen for boxing and boxing fans. It's a huge fight. We haven't had a huge fight like that in a long time. When I win this fight (against Abregu), I'm calling him out."

-Tim Bradley
Nice! I just hope this qoute is credible and wasn't pulled out of Gary Shaw's fat ass like the lies they put into Abregu's mouth. Hopefully Tim will keep his word and fight either Devon or Chino - Maidana is particularly motivated to give Mr. Shaw a big surprise!
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #26
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

King Khan wont take to these words kindly, when little 5'6 Bradley gets in the ring with Khan 5'10, Khan will beat Bradley like he is his father.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #27
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samski313 View Post
That's why he fought clottey right?
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #28
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Nice! I just hope this qoute is credible and wasn't pulled out of Gary Shaw's fat ass like the lies they put into Abregu's mouth. Hopefully Tim will keep his word and fight either Devon or Chino - Maidana is particularly motivated to give Mr. Shaw a big surprise!
Maidana probably already lost out on a fight with either Alexander or Bradley for the time being. He'll have to wait for 2011 at the earliest to get a crack at either one. Hopefully he'll have all his issues settled by then.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #29
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post

LOL, Khan hasn't done shit at 140. Salita was a ****ing joke who nobody respected as real comp. Kotelnik beat Maidana but some say it was because of terrible judging I say it shows me that he is on the same low level as Maidana but I'll give you that as a good win at 140. Malinaggi wasn't a good win, I don't care where Ring ranked him, he is a 140 fighter who split a fight series with a lightweight, that isn't impressive at all.

So Khan fights 1 good 140 fighter in Kotelnik and beats a joke of a fighter in Malinaggi and now wants to challenge lightweights like Marquez or Diaz winner or Katsidis? LOL. He is a pathetic joke and only Brits respect him as a fighter, no American looks at him other than as a over hyped glassed chin joke who brings big money with him because he has all those Brits on his back.

If Khan beats Marquez it doesn't mean shit Marquez isn't a 140 fighter. If Khan beats Maidana I'll give him props, that is a tough fight for him. If he beats Alexander or Bradley I'll give him major props and call him an elite fighter.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #30
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Maidana probably already lost out on a fight with either Alexander or Bradley for the time being. He'll have to wait for 2011 at the earliest to get a crack at either one. Hopefully he'll have all his issues settled by then.
Maidana only had "shark issues" for a couple of weeks and it's already been sorted out. He's scheduled for a summer home fight and will be ready for any 140lbs showdown later this year. But if it's Bradley vs. Alexander for 2010, I'll be just as happy, just make these Goddamn fights (including Maidana-Khan)!
BigBone is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum