Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #16
cloud_cyc
p4p demon
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: What boxers can learn from Wade, Bosh & Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandul View Post
Sorry man, but didn't the Celtics did it when they signed Garnett and Allen?? c'mon... Anyway... this is not to talk about basketball... it's about how our boxers should learn when to make the necesary sacrifices contractually in order for important fights to be made.
different scenarios... garnett, rayray, and paul are already paid their dues and already past their prime when they decided to team up (not to mention that they are not max. contract players when that deal happened). they already tried to carry their teams on their backs and gave their all even if they were surrounded with mostly shitty teammates. IMO it's just fair for them to get to a winning team for a change esp. that now that they are already on the decline. those guys already developed the intagibles along with their skills that they need to become winners through those rough years... while these new big 3 on the other hand, are 3 great players who are still on their primes (or might even still develop), all three can be considered #1 option scorer on any team they might end up with, all mvp-calibre players, all still have a lot to prove on their careers. to me, it just looked like they are trying to go through the shorter way to glory.

i'm mostly dissapointed at wade though (even if he's one of my fave players today), i didn't expect him to become a diva on that free-agency thing (i already expected that james and bosh will act like that). to ask his fellow top-tier free agents to have their own little meetings and pilgrimage just reeks of attention whoring. if you want to leave the team, then leave... IMO it's disrespectful for a player, however great he is, to
act like that towards the franchise and put pressure on them after their effort to build that championship team around him.

it's funny how bosh followed wade around though, i was surprised that stan van gundy had that same impression when he said that bosh acte like wade's "lapdog". i mean, youre good enough to carry your own team. why the hell do you have to be following someone like he's your daddy or something.
cloud_cyc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 AM   #17
cloud_cyc
p4p demon
ESB Senior Member

back to the topic... it's hard to compare considering the level of risk w/ boxing.
cloud_cyc is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 AM   #18
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

"Legacy dont pay the bills"
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #19
Gandul
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
"Legacy dont pay the bills"
Boom Boom, PAC and Floyd were guarantee a purse of $25 mill each last time I heard... What else do they need man? I mean... C'mon... This is absurd for a fight that just has to happen. Next thing we know... they don't fight now and 5 - 7 years from now they try to do it for the "Fight that should've happen" and they both old and not in their prime. Kind of like Roy and B-Hop
Gandul is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 AM   #20
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Jones View Post
Spoken like a true jilted Knicks fan.

I hate basketball I didnt care where he went I just hoped he suprised everyone instead of going to Miami when they already scored Bosh and Wade.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 04:27 AM   #21
yokspawn
Cereal Killer
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1057

You mean agree to take less money and make sure you make it as easy as possible for you to win a belt? Yeah, I think many boxers got that covered...
yokspawn is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 AM   #22
jansby mac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Wade, Bosh and Lebron are all pussies, they have to put themselves in 1 team to win a championship. What did Jordan do? drafted by a dreadful franchise -- and he turned it into a dynasty. Jordan didn't join the best, he beat the best.

Instead of those 3 pussies, I suggest boxers learn from Jordan....fight the best and beat the best.
jansby mac is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 05:47 AM   #23
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

what sacrifices are they making.. and how are they proving that they're the best.. they needed to join forces to try and win that's saying to me that lebron wasnt good enough to do it on his own and couldnt build his own legacy like kobe, jordan, magic, bird and others did before him

puertorricane is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #24
Panthers89
Mr. Big Dreams
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansby mac View Post
Wade, Bosh and Lebron are all pussies, they have to put themselves in 1 team to win a championship. What did Jordan do? drafted by a dreadful franchise -- and he turned it into a dynasty. Jordan didn't join the best, he beat the best.

Instead of those 3 pussies, I suggest boxers learn from Jordan....fight the best and beat the best.
b4 you start tryin to bliindly hate on a great move do your research lil dude, cause if you did you would knw that MJ aint win one till they acquired Pippen and phil jackson so in essence they did the same thing the heat are doin you delusional fool. would people stop hating on such a good move? when they win the championship yall gon end up lookin as stupid as The Cav's owner for sayin that cleveland would win one b4 lebron......now thats funny
Panthers89 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #25
jansby mac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers89 View Post
b4 you start tryin to bliindly hate on a great move do your research lil dude, cause if you did you would knw that MJ aint win one till they acquired Pippen and phil jackson so in essence they did the same thing the heat are doin you delusional fool. would people stop hating on such a good move? when they win the championship yall gon end up lookin as stupid as The Cav's owner for sayin that cleveland would win one b4 lebron......now thats funny
Oh yeah...phil jackson and pippen were the bomb when they acquired both of this guys to help MJ win his 6 rings
jansby mac is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #26
P4P
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1026

Mayweather can learn from lebron so when he retires or fight PAC he can have an hour special
P4P is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #27
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

I agree that boxers should get paid more though it's not as big of a sport as basketball now, it's much riskier and can cost people their lives.
techks is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #28
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Yes they can learn that its going to take 3 of them at once to beat the best... It will take James Wade and Bosh to beat Kobe
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #29
Bloomer

The boxing analogy that came to mind for me was the formation of Golden Boy (perhaps Riley plays the role of Schaefer). LeBron rejected a system that said he should play for scumbag owners (Gilbert in Cleveland who has shown his true colors and Jimmy Dolan in New York who is insanely incompetent) and went to play with his friends, in an organization with some hint of class. Put power in the hands of the players not rolling over for bad characters with money and bought power.
Bloomer is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #30
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

King James is the face of sports. If the Heat add a few minor pieces, they will be a force for the next 5 years. King James has changed the NBA for the better. Expect to see more superstar free agent teamups in the future. As far as Money and Manny, they have nothing to learn from King James. Money is not holding up that fight.
BigReg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum