Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #1
pasarica
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Lucian Bute's resume

Here's a comment of someone i've just red :

"American fighters like Ward, Dirrell, and Green had been feasting on a diet of bums until they were, quite undeservingly I might add (more American corruption), invited to participate in the Super Six tournament. Even though he was the champ and undoubtedly one of the top 2 SMs in the world, Bute was not invited to participate in a tournament that was supposedly designed to try and establish who the best SM in the world was. Neither were the likes of far more proven fighters like Andrade, Steiglitz, or Bika. Even notorious Euro hater Teddy Atlas said that Bute's had proved he wasn't hype by beating solid comp on the way up (and that was back in 2007 when he Bute was fighting Sakio Bika. In only his 8th fight Bute's stopped former WBC champ Dingan Thobela in the 4th round (albeit an aged version) who only a few years earlier had KO'd Glen Catley and gone the distance with the 29-0 Kessler. In his 13th fight Bute stopped Kabary Salem for the first and only time of his career, who'd not only gone the distance with the great Calzaghe in his previous fight, but was also one of the few men who managed to dent his iron jaw and put him on the floor. Beaten the granite jawed Thysse (who's about the same level as Green only about 100,000 times tougher). Beat Lolenga Mock (who two fights prior had stopped Charles Brewer, and a few fights before that came within a whisker of KO'ing David Haye. Beat the very decent Sergey Tatevosyan (who was coming off a KO victory over 33-1 former world title challenger Rudy Markussen and had also stopped forrmer world champion Arman Kranjic (26-1), beaten the European SM champion (Gogyia) given a prime Eastman all he could handle and mixed it up with the likes of qualty fighters like Karmazin, Gevor, and Pirog. Beaten the big punching, hard as nails former two time world title challanger Sakio Bika (who'd been robbed against WBC champ Beyer and given Calzaghe a torrid time when he challanged for his belt). Stopped the dynamite punching WBC champion Berrio (who was in the richest vein of form of his career after knocking out the Syd Vanderpool (35-3), the current WBO champ Robert Steglitz (27-0 at the time), and the big punching Yusef Mack (22-0-2). Obliterated the teak-tough Fulgencio Zuniga in four rounds (who'd never been knocked out before and had only ever been stopped once in his career, losing on a cut to Kelly Pavlik after knocking him down and giving him nine rounds of hell, lost a razor thin decision for the WBO SM belt against big punching Russian Denis Inkin (33-0), and held victories over decent fighters like Antwon Echols, David Lopez, Zertuche, and scored a much more decisive KO win over Victor Ogonov than Andre Dirrell could muster. Scored a one punch KO over the incredibly durable Librado Andrade (who'd gone the distance against a prime Kessler - not the way past his best injury ravaged Kessler Ward beat), and held stoppage victories over Grant, Mack and, Steglitz. And Bute scored yet another brutal one punch KO over the tough (yes, he is tough. Getting stopped by massive bangers like Abraham and Pavlik is not an indicator of a weak chin) Edison Miranda who's the only man to ever stop the the hard as nails Eastmen, and had lost a controversial decision to Abraham in Germany. Now with the exception of Edison Miranda what the hell have the pre Super Six opponents of Ward, Dirrell ever achieved in their careers? Who have they ever beaten?? I'll look forward with bafor your reply. And make no mistake Bute would have utterly destroyed the version of Kessler Ward beat in no more than six rounds. (I've always maintained that Bute stops Kessler - even back when Kessler was my favourite fighter in the sport and in the midst of his prime). You keep on flying the flag and swinging from the sacks of your roided up cheating sporting 'greats' and perputuating negative stereotypes about Americans being insular looking, arrogant, and ignorant to what goes on outside of their borders. But don't throw your toys out of the pram and scratch your head wondering why when half the world ends up hating your guts.....

...If those American fighters had, like Bute, not been invited to participate in the Super Six, what notable names would they have on their resumes? Ward has Miranda (Bute one punch KO victim; still Ward's second best win). Dirrell would have who exactly? A not very impressive rsf6 performance against Oganov? Is that the same Oganov that got laid out cold by Bute KO victim Zuniga? How many thousands of punches did Dirrell hit Oganov with? And how many times did he knock him down? lmao. A pathetic display of cowardice 'please don't hit me' UD over Curtis Stevens that HBO's Harold Letterman described as the worst fight he'd ever seen? Is that the same Stevens that a certain Jesse Brinkley beat in far more impressive fashion? How many times did he have Stevens over compaired to Dirrell's '0'? Did Brinkley run like a *****? Lmao. And what about Allan Green? Didn't he already get owned by Miranda and nearly knocked cold by another Bute KO victim Donnie McCrary? Once again. Even though Bute was infinately more deserving of a place in the Super Six, he wasn't invited. So you haters and agenda-driven bigots with your transparent agendas can STFU. "

This is it !!! Great job mate !
pasarica is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #2
greatone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 594
Default Re: Lucian Bute's resume

I like how you conveniently forget to mention bute getting saved by the ref when he was out on his feet against andrade in the first fight.
greatone is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
pasarica
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatone View Post
I like how you conveniently forget to mention bute getting saved by the ref when he was out on his feet against andrade in the first fight.

I've let you on porpose remember us that. Thanks !
pasarica is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Vanihm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Agree.

And as for Tatevosyan KOing Markussen - Markussen was way ahead and simply sat down and let himself be counted out because he wanted out from under his manager.
Vanihm is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
Boxed Ears
Pugilistic Surrealist
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

That one paragraph on top is pretty big.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 07:45 AM   #6
Jepster
Almost Audleysome
ESB Addict

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
That one paragraph on top is pretty big.
I made it through that paragraph and there was no reward for me at the end

Jepster is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Boxed Ears
Pugilistic Surrealist
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepster View Post

Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
WesT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepster View Post

WesT is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
He wasn't "saved by the bell". Was Chris John "saved by the bell" at the end of the Juarez fight?

He was on his feet. Once he's on his feet, it's the referee's discretion whether to let the fight continue (which is why it's a TKO and not a KO after the guy gets up). Since the final bell already rang, there's no reason to stop the fight, since he wouldn't take any more damage.

People complain about it, but if Wright had stopped the fight there, it would have been THE worst stoppage in the history of boxing.

Can ANYONE even name a fight where the referee stopped the fight after the fighter got back on his feet and the round was over? 99 times out of a hundred, he lets the fighter go back to his corner to recover for a minute first, and if he doesn't recover by the start of the next round, THEN he'll stop the fight.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
dhralf
**** the queen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasarica View Post
Here's a comment of someone i've just red :

"American fighters like Ward, Dirrell, and Green had been feasting on a diet of bums until they were, quite undeservingly I might add (more American corruption), invited to participate in the Super Six tournament. Even though he was the champ and undoubtedly one of the top 2 SMs in the world, Bute was not invited to participate in a tournament that was supposedly designed to try and establish who the best SM in the world was. Neither were the likes of far more proven fighters like Andrade, Steiglitz, or Bika. Even notorious Euro hater Teddy Atlas said that Bute's had proved he wasn't hype by beating solid comp on the way up (and that was back in 2007 when he Bute was fighting Sakio Bika. In only his 8th fight Bute's stopped former WBC champ Dingan Thobela in the 4th round (albeit an aged version) who only a few years earlier had KO'd Glen Catley and gone the distance with the 29-0 Kessler. In his 13th fight Bute stopped Kabary Salem for the first and only time of his career, who'd not only gone the distance with the great Calzaghe in his previous fight, but was also one of the few men who managed to dent his iron jaw and put him on the floor. Beaten the granite jawed Thysse (who's about the same level as Green only about 100,000 times tougher). Beat Lolenga Mock (who two fights prior had stopped Charles Brewer, and a few fights before that came within a whisker of KO'ing David Haye. Beat the very decent Sergey Tatevosyan (who was coming off a KO victory over 33-1 former world title challenger Rudy Markussen and had also stopped forrmer world champion Arman Kranjic (26-1), beaten the European SM champion (Gogyia) given a prime Eastman all he could handle and mixed it up with the likes of qualty fighters like Karmazin, Gevor, and Pirog. Beaten the big punching, hard as nails former two time world title challanger Sakio Bika (who'd been robbed against WBC champ Beyer and given Calzaghe a torrid time when he challanged for his belt). Stopped the dynamite punching WBC champion Berrio (who was in the richest vein of form of his career after knocking out the Syd Vanderpool (35-3), the current WBO champ Robert Steglitz (27-0 at the time), and the big punching Yusef Mack (22-0-2). Obliterated the teak-tough Fulgencio Zuniga in four rounds (who'd never been knocked out before and had only ever been stopped once in his career, losing on a cut to Kelly Pavlik after knocking him down and giving him nine rounds of hell, lost a razor thin decision for the WBO SM belt against big punching Russian Denis Inkin (33-0), and held victories over decent fighters like Antwon Echols, David Lopez, Zertuche, and scored a much more decisive KO win over Victor Ogonov than Andre Dirrell could muster. Scored a one punch KO over the incredibly durable Librado Andrade (who'd gone the distance against a prime Kessler - not the way past his best injury ravaged Kessler Ward beat), and held stoppage victories over Grant, Mack and, Steglitz. And Bute scored yet another brutal one punch KO over the tough (yes, he is tough. Getting stopped by massive bangers like Abraham and Pavlik is not an indicator of a weak chin) Edison Miranda who's the only man to ever stop the the hard as nails Eastmen, and had lost a controversial decision to Abraham in Germany. Now with the exception of Edison Miranda what the hell have the pre Super Six opponents of Ward, Dirrell ever achieved in their careers? Who have they ever beaten?? I'll look forward with bafor your reply. And make no mistake Bute would have utterly destroyed the version of Kessler Ward beat in no more than six rounds. (I've always maintained that Bute stops Kessler - even back when Kessler was my favourite fighter in the sport and in the midst of his prime). You keep on flying the flag and swinging from the sacks of your roided up cheating sporting 'greats' and perputuating negative stereotypes about Americans being insular looking, arrogant, and ignorant to what goes on outside of their borders. But don't throw your toys out of the pram and scratch your head wondering why when half the world ends up hating your guts.....

...If those American fighters had, like Bute, not been invited to participate in the Super Six, what notable names would they have on their resumes? Ward has Miranda (Bute one punch KO victim; still Ward's second best win). Dirrell would have who exactly? A not very impressive rsf6 performance against Oganov? Is that the same Oganov that got laid out cold by Bute KO victim Zuniga? How many thousands of punches did Dirrell hit Oganov with? And how many times did he knock him down? lmao. A pathetic display of cowardice 'please don't hit me' UD over Curtis Stevens that HBO's Harold Letterman described as the worst fight he'd ever seen? Is that the same Stevens that a certain Jesse Brinkley beat in far more impressive fashion? How many times did he have Stevens over compaired to Dirrell's '0'? Did Brinkley run like a *****? Lmao. And what about Allan Green? Didn't he already get owned by Miranda and nearly knocked cold by another Bute KO victim Donnie McCrary? Once again. Even though Bute was infinately more deserving of a place in the Super Six, he wasn't invited. So you haters and agenda-driven bigots with your transparent agendas can STFU. "

This is it !!! Great job mate !
Ouch...good post....let's wait for the haters counter attack.
dhralf is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #11
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

And FWIW, I can see someone having a legitimate gripe that it wasn't stopped with about 30 seconds left, when Bute was flopping all over the ring. But that's more like the non-stoppage in Abraham-Minrada I. I think the majority of refs would have stopped the fight there, although most refs will tend to let the champ go longer under those circumstances.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #12
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

To me Bute's resume is pretty solid. He just started breaking out and getting on US TV and getting the big fights then the so called best are quarantined away from the rest of the division. I'm not gonna over hype Bute but in all honesty he can beat all those guys. He is quick he hits very hard and he also goes to the body and finds the liver something he has done very often in his career. People try to say he would be ****ed if he fought. Ward I dont think so. Ward passed the test vs Kesssler but he is not invincible.
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #13
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

Paragraphs are your friends!
booradley is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #14
remi
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I'll love to counter this dumb post. U stae that bute has fought all these guys that had great records and former whatevers. He was not invited to the super 6, ok, i get that but wouldn't he go find a suitabel opponent to make his case heard, I'm sorry my friend jessse brinkely is not that guy. U speak of andrade, he's alright of a fighter, nothng special. Bika, same thing, the other my ignorance has now come to the forefront cause I do not know of them. Why doesn't Bute drop in weight to 160 fight matinez, or paul williams, or fight pavlik, winkey wright can come up, get a recognizable name. ALL this bute talk is really premature.
remi is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #15
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

vCash: 2100

Who wrote this?
laffie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum