Old 07-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #16
Little Pea
'A' grade boxing fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 806
Default Re: Lucian Bute's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I'll love to counter this dumb post. U stae that bute has fought all these guys that had great records and former whatevers. He was not invited to the super 6, ok, i get that but wouldn't he go find a suitabel opponent to make his case heard, I'm sorry my friend jessse brinkely is not that guy. U speak of andrade, he's alright of a fighter, nothng special. Bika, same thing, the other my ignorance has now come to the forefront cause I do not know of them. Why doesn't Bute drop in weight to 160 fight matinez, or paul williams, or fight pavlik, winkey wright can come up, get a recognizable name. ALL this bute talk is really premature.
Let me help you:

Bika: IBF super middleweight title eliminator (this is what you do when you want a title)
Berrio: IBF super middleweight title fight (this is what you do to get a title)
Andrade: MANDATORY (this is what you do to keep the title)
Andrade II: (this is what you to clear any doubt)
Brinkley: Mandatory (this is what you do to keep a title)

Ask yourself, if it wasn't for the super 6, do you really think Ward, or Dirrel, or Froch, would have refused to take the same path?

Now if you want to blame Bute's team, at least you should mention the right names: Joppy and Zuniga

Miranda was a wise money choice since it showcased Bute on HBO and he did deliver like he had to.
Little Pea is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #17
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

vCash: 2100

Quote:
I'll love to counter this dumb post. U stae that bute has fought all these guys that had great records and former whatevers. He was not invited to the super 6, ok, i get that but wouldn't he go find a suitabel opponent to make his case heard, I'm sorry my friend jessse brinkely is not that guy. U speak of andrade, he's alright of a fighter, nothng special. Bika, same thing, the other my ignorance has now come to the forefront cause I do not know of them. Why doesn't Bute drop in weight to 160 fight matinez, or paul williams, or fight pavlik, winkey wright can come up, get a recognizable name. ALL this bute talk is really premature.
Your post is the dumb one.

- Bute cannot make 160, it's impossible for him.
- Bute is not the one who doesn't want to fight Pavlik. HBO doesn't it now because of Pavlik loss. And Pavlik team doesn't want to face Bute right now neither.
Winky Wright?
- You are right on one point: when you talk about your ignorance. Right on champ.
laffie is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #18
FromWithin
Living for the city
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:

Bute was not invited to the Super Six because he already signed to fight Andrade, and Andrade is from Golden Boy who have a deal with HBO.

Have you seen Bute's size? He's a pretty big SMW who started his carreer at LHW, no way he can make 160...
FromWithin is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #19
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I expect HBO to make a push for Bute-Dawson catch weight fight. Say 172lbs?
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #20
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
I think it would be fair for both men. Dawson has a rematch clause with Pascal though.
laffie is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #21
Taranazan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
Not sure about that. Dawson has a rematch clause with Pascal. And by the time those 2 are done with eachother, the first Super six guys will be available. I think HBO would rather have someone cleaning out SMW (Bute or Ward probably) and then face Dawson. The fight would be that much bigger.
Taranazan is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #22
Kavgenik
ESB Belt Holder
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1806

Excellent find
Kavgenik is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #23
dhralf
**** the queen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 215

Quote:
He's already a big 168lbs, he can't make 160 and be healthy. But in the future he may jump on the 175lbs divison.
dhralf is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #24
snakeface
The Woodside Hurricane
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

lots of lucian love lingering around here.
snakeface is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #25
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffie View Post
I think it would be fair for both men. Dawson has a rematch clause with Pascal though.
I doubt it. Dawson is a mandatory. There's almost never a rematch clause for a mandatory, since the fighter could just wait for it to go to purse bid and get the fight with no strings attached.

That said, if the fight is close, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a rematch anyway. It's not like Dawson has a million options of guys to fight.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #26
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Pea View Post
Let me help you:

Bika: IBF super middleweight title eliminator (this is what you do when you want a title)
Berrio: IBF super middleweight title fight (this is what you do to get a title)
Andrade: MANDATORY (this is what you do to keep the title)
Andrade II: (this is what you to clear any doubt)
Brinkley: Mandatory (this is what you do to keep a title)

Ask yourself, if it wasn't for the super 6, do you really think Ward, or Dirrel, or Froch, would have refused to take the same path?

Now if you want to blame Bute's team, at least you should mention the right names: Joppy and Zuniga

Miranda was a wise money choice since it showcased Bute on HBO and he did deliver like he had to.
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #27
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
I doubt it. Dawson is a mandatory. There's almost never a rematch clause for a mandatory, since the fighter could just wait for it to go to purse bid and get the fight with no strings attached.

That said, if the fight is close, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a rematch anyway. It's not like Dawson has a million options of guys to fight.

Yvon Michel (Pascal's promoter) talked of the rematch clause last week, when Dawson's team was thinking of a Bute fight for after Dawson-Pascal.
laffie is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #28
WesT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post

According to Michel, there is a rematch clause on both sides, but Pascal, after reading Shaw's comments, vowed to inflict enough punishment on Dawson that a rematch will never be pursued.
WesT is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #29
Shane W
Former Heavyweight
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesT View Post
According to Michel, there is a rematch clause on both sides, but Pascal, after reading Shaw's comments, vowed to inflict enough punishment on Dawson that a rematch will never be pursued.

Pascal was OUTBOXED by the mummy Froch...........keep repeating that in your head until it sinks in

Bute fights leftovers and ZERO's to look good against, he hasn't faced a talented fighter YET.
Shane W is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #30
Little Pea
'A' grade boxing fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane W View Post
Pascal was OUTBOXED by the mummy Froch...........keep repeating that in your head until it sinks in

Bute fights leftovers and ZERO's to look good against, he hasn't faced a talented fighter YET.
1. True

2. Too hard on Bute
Little Pea is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum