Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #16
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Keep fighting at 185 in the UFC, if Anderson ever loses then fight the new champ.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #17
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

I still say that he should fight at 205. He has fought there before, and looked very good. As he is getting older, I think that keeping that extra weight on, might help him be more durable. He has a very nice skill-set, he just seems to be very fragile, and unstable these days. I think that moving to 205, where Rich would fight comfortably, is the way to go.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 PM   #18
thebrodstar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 451
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
IMO Franklin will be champion agian not saying he will beat Silva someday cause thats obviously never going to happen no knock on Rich its just Anderson is just flat amazing. If im Rich I take it easy and come back with a fight agianst someone the likes of Patrick Cote. If Silva goes up to 205 for some tougher competion id suggest Rich stay there and im sure he dominate 185 agian. If Silvas sticking around at 185 maybe its time for him to move back up to 205.
Rich could beat Silva one day. Fighters have there ups and downs, I am not saying anything against Silva at all he looked great the other night, but who knows how he will be in a year or two, maybe he will lose the belt next fight. If there is one thing I have learned in the last year its never expect anything in this sport cause you will be shocked.
thebrodstar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #19
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrodstar
Rich could beat Silva one day. Fighters have there ups and downs, I am not saying anything against Silva at all he looked great the other night, but who knows how he will be in a year or two, maybe he will lose the belt next fight. If there is one thing I have learned in the last year its never expect anything in this sport cause you will be shocked.
Yeah im sure he could beat him but theres no point in a 3rd fight unless Rich starts doing things that make a demand for it agian and im not sure theres anything he could ever do to make us wanna see a good guy like that just get his ass put down agian.
jimmie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #20
thebrodstar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 451
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Yeah im sure he could beat him but theres no point in a 3rd fight unless Rich starts doing things that make a demand for it agian and im not sure theres anything he could ever do to make us wanna see a good guy like that just get his ass put down agian.
Oh I agree I don't expect to see them fight again until a year or maybe longer down the road. speaking of good guys, it will be sad to see Silva lose one day cause he and Franklinwere both very sportsman like to each other.
thebrodstar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #21
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

The best way for franklin to get back into the 185 picture is have silva fight fhilo , hendo or lindland as they are the only guys at 185 that could beat him and then rich would have a better shot against any of those guys than silva. Not that i am saying they are betetr than silva but i think silva has franklins number.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #22
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrodstar
Oh I agree I don't expect to see them fight again until a year or maybe longer down the road. speaking of good guys, it will be sad to see Silva lose one day cause he and Franklinwere both very sportsman like to each other.
Oh yeah for sure these guys are class acts and I dont wanna see either guy lose because they are true Champions meaning they have worn the belt,train and prepare hard,fight the best,dominate in their wins and show incredible respect. It really sucks we couldnt have a true trilogy with these men but its ok. Yeah as for Silva losing your right ONE DAY I cant imagine it happening right now. I hope I dont gotta hear about his Pride losses cause this dude is leaps and bounds a better fighter then before.
jimmie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #23
alewaboy52
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 151
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

when youve been a champ for a while like rich franklin has been, theres no point in fighting unless its a number #1 contenders spot or a title fight, he can beat everyone in the mw division but silva, hes a big dude so what if he moves to lhw, well theres forrest griffen, stephen bonner, houston alexander, keith jardine, rashad evans, matt hamil, tito ortiz, chuck liddell, shogun, wanderlei, rampage, henderson...i mean right now that division is so stacked, could he really be effective at that weight when he just got steam rolled by normal sized mw? would people even want to watch him fight at that weight when theres all those marquee fighters already? i personally dont think so, if someone has ever been stuck between a rock and a hard place its rich franklin, the only thing that would be GOOD for him would be to fight for another orginization, they got robbie lawler, ninja, and a few other decent mw at elite xc, atleast he can compete with their "elite" fighters, hed probably get paid the same and can call himself a champ again, or maybe he could fight anderson silvas friend paulo filho in the wec, hed probably lose that too but its a fight against a different top mw....
alewaboy52 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #24
alewaboy52
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 151
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Oh yeah for sure these guys are class acts and I dont wanna see either guy lose because they are true Champions meaning they have worn the belt,train and prepare hard,fight the best,dominate in their wins and show incredible respect. It really sucks we couldnt have a true trilogy with these men but its ok. Yeah as for Silva losing your right ONE DAY I cant imagine it happening right now. I hope I dont gotta hear about his Pride losses cause this dude is leaps and bounds a better fighter then before.
as far as ufc talent is concerened only person in my opinion that can legitmately beat anderson silva is fighting at 205, and thats dan henderson, hes a small 205 ora big 185, hes still the pride 183 champ, two unification bouts in a year?? i vote yes
alewaboy52 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #25
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Well fhilo's contract is owned by ufc, just for some strange reason they are havinf him ifhgt in the wec. ??
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #26
alewaboy52
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 151
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
Well fhilo's contract is owned by ufc, just for some strange reason they are havinf him ifhgt in the wec. ??
him and silva ally good friends apparantly i think they train together if im not mistaken, so a fight between them would probably never happen
alewaboy52 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #27
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

They are they train at brazilian top team, but that doesn't alwyas stop a fight.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #28
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
They are they train at brazilian top team, but that doesn't alwyas stop a fight.
They were part of Black House, with the Nogs, Vitor, and Machida. Filho left BTT and Silva was never part of it, now Filho left Black House and trains with Gonzaga at team Link in Mass.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 AM   #29
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where does Franklin for from here?

Yeah my mistake, but machida trains with black house as well so why would he fight silva.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013