Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default MSTR thank god for Cotto

i mean i know i gave you some stick about Cotto and his chin. but i will say now the Judah vs Cotto fight has been the best fight so far this year for me.

i mean Hatton was shocking again yet the board is going sick with how great they think he is. when i feel Cotto's win over a prime guy is far better to me. and at least Zab and Cotto throw punches my god Hatton just waits until he knows he will hit once to the body then move in at the same time then hold. then while holding hit low and rabit punch aswell.

can you say so not worth the mopey that they want us to pay.
same goes for PBF well unless he is fighting Gatti he might actually let his hands go.

MSTR Cotto has now become apart from Pacman the most exciting boxer for me in our sport which was invented to be the most exciting sport in the world yet we have had some F-ING farse's of late.

Spinks-Taylor comes to mind
Hatton -Anyone (let your Hands go Ricky maybe you might actually get some qaulity fans.)
PBF vs Anyone lately aswell (PBF fans will be going but its the sweet scince yeah and i agree but when they were handing out hearts and balls did they need to miss PBF) he so could be the next Ray Leonard yet how can you when you have no balls or heart like Ray did.

go Cotto i say.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
i mean i know i gave you some stick about Cotto and his chin. but i will say now the Judah vs Cotto fight has been the best fight so far this year for me.

i mean Hatton was shocking again yet the board is going sick with how great they think he is. when i feel Cotto's win over a prime guy is far better to me. and at least Zab and Cotto throw punches my god Hatton just waits until he knows he will hit once to the body then move in at the same time then hold. then while holding hit low and rabit punch aswell.

can you say so not worth the mopey that they want us to pay.
same goes for PBF well unless he is fighting Gatti he might actually let his hands go.

MSTR Cotto has now become apart from Pacman the most exciting boxer for me in our sport which was invented to be the most exciting sport in the world yet we have had some F-ING farse's of late.

Spinks-Taylor comes to mind
Hatton -Anyone (let your Hands go Ricky maybe you might actually get some qaulity fans.)
PBF vs Anyone lately aswell (PBF fans will be going but its the sweet scince yeah and i agree but when they were handing out hearts and balls did they need to miss PBF) he so could be the next Ray Leonard yet how can you when you have no balls or heart like Ray did.

go Cotto i say.
Thats awesome. I am glad people are finally starting to appreciate his style. I wasn't sold at first either, but the more I saw of him the more impressed I became. I love the way he hunts down his opponents and is always in it for the KO. He doesn't clinch inside either, and is very exciting to watch. Very solid technical fighter.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

I agree with what you are saying also about Hatton. I find him boring to watch. He is like a poor mans Jeff Fenech IMO. Fenech had absolute tenacity and would burrow his head into their chest but wouldn't make it a grapple fest like Hatton. Still, Hatton is good at making it work for him. Collazo did well on the inside by keeping a high guard, with his hands held tight so that Ricky couldn't tie him up. I think Cotto would do the same thing. If they ever fought I would be execting Cotto to box like he did against Abduleav (spelling) and use the ring and counter punch Hatton on the way in.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

all aboard the cotto express i say!
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Finally, I totally agree that Mayweather is not any Ray Leonard. Ray was a boxer puncher who threw fast hard combinations. Floyd is essentially a pot shoting defensive fighter. If anything Oscars performance against him showed me that he is not as unbeatable as people think. If an old pernell whitaker could almost beat a young and prime De La Hoya, a prime Mayweather really should have been more impressive on an old and largely inactive Oscar. I would love to see Mayweather take on Cotto. This match up needs to happen. First Cotto vs the winner of Williams and Marg, and then the winner of that to take on Floyd.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Definitely on the express. How good would a Cotto v Mosley or a Cotto v Margarito/Williams be. FOTY type stuff. These are the sought of fights that boxing needs.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Yeah Cotto beats that hugger Hatton for sure.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #8
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTDYE
katsidis earl is the best fight so far for me.. probably cause im a patriotic ****er and katsidis is my boy.

but as far as the 'elite' fighters cotto brings the excitement.
yeah the kat fight was awesome
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
CHATABOX
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Logan City - QLD
Posts: 54
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
all aboard the cotto express i say!

Im on! All hail the new hero! The pride of Australia... I mean Pueto Rico
CHATABOX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:23 PM   #10
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
all aboard the cotto express i say!
i say Margarito derails it
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:36 AM   #11
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
i say Margarito derails it
I say avatar bet.... 1 month mutha ****a. I'm going to make you eat your words. Cotto is going to make mince meat of that tall lanky body. Seriously how do you think tall Marg is going to cope inside against the shorter tighter quicker and harder punchers of Cotto. This is going to be the easiest bet I have ever won.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:39 AM   #12
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I say avatar bet.... 1 month mutha ****a. I'm going to make you eat your words. Cotto is going to make mince meat of that tall lanky body. Seriously how do you think tall Marg is going to cope inside against the shorter tighter quicker and harder punchers of Cotto. This is going to be the easiest bet I have ever won.
Cotto destroys Margarito.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:42 AM   #13
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I say avatar bet.... 1 month mutha ****a. I'm going to make you eat your words. Cotto is going to make mince meat of that tall lanky body. Seriously how do you think tall Marg is going to cope inside against the shorter tighter quicker and harder punchers of Cotto. This is going to be the easiest bet I have ever won.
yeah mate you on, i like Cotto , great come forward fighter with a huge heart.....but i just think Margarto is a huge welterweight and will give him troubles.

And not all boxers are pussies and go down from body shots mate.
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:45 AM   #14
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Finally, I totally agree that Mayweather is not any Ray Leonard. Ray was a boxer puncher who threw fast hard combinations. Floyd is essentially a pot shoting defensive fighter. If anything Oscars performance against him showed me that he is not as unbeatable as people think. If an old pernell whitaker could almost beat a young and prime De La Hoya, a prime Mayweather really should have been more impressive on an old and largely inactive Oscar. I would love to see Mayweather take on Cotto. This match up needs to happen. First Cotto vs the winner of Williams and Marg, and then the winner of that to take on Floyd.
yeah and dont you think though if PBF grew some nuts he might be a Ray Leonard type fighter which would be so more fun to watch.

Theres to much pressure from everyone on these guys winning thats why they pick there opponents very carefully.

as for Cotto weve seen him fight nothing but prime fighters so far and even though his chin isnt as solid as we would like he has heart and balls to get up off the canvas and come back. like against Torres.

im tottally on the Cotto train or express now.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:59 AM   #15
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

HA HA HA

Looks like its me vs the rest....thats ok.

I like the mexican fighters more than Portoricans (lol spelling)

Cotto Vs Margarito ..............i hope it happens but Marg has the beat Paul W first.
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013