Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
SouthPaw_Swamer
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 62
vCash: 1000
Default Urgent Help

I've started a debate on this site saying boxing is the most hardest sport in the world. i think i've made some good points for it, but i'm still lossing!
Help me win give me some ideas to agrue.
And also tell me if this thread should go somewhere else
heres the link to the site by the way : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
SouthPaw_Swamer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
SouthPaw_Swamer
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 62
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

WOW THANKYOU MATE!
i've gotta win now!!
SouthPaw_Swamer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:52 AM   #4
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPaw_Swamer
WOW THANKYOU MATE!
i've gotta win now!!
I figured that's all you needed.
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:29 AM   #5
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

Every time I train new people, I always get a group that comes in saying they play football in college, they run marathons, they do MMA, ect ect, so anything training they do in here won't be hard.
The moment I start real training with them they are the first people to quit the gym a month later.

p.s. Please don't make posts like that on other forums unless you yourself have alot of experiance and knowledge as a boxer. Because in the end your not going to be able to back yourself up and make boxing look bad, even if that wasn't your intention.
gregsid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:40 AM   #6
SouthPaw_Swamer
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 62
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

don't worry, i've had my fair share of time in the ring. ive had to lay off for a few months now as i've chipped a bone in my left sholder. i think doing nothing is killing me.
SouthPaw_Swamer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:43 AM   #7
SouthPaw_Swamer
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 62
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

p.s i'd like you to have a look at the website to see if i have done boxing a diservice. it'll be good to know what you think.

Last edited by D-FENS; 08-11-2006 at 11:21 PM.
SouthPaw_Swamer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #8
gallagher430
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

I wrestled for about 12 years all throughout school and always though that was the hardest thing anyone could ever do. Once i started boxing i kinda shrugged at it and said no problem, I've been through wrestling, i think this will be easy. Boxing is harder than wrestling on most days for sure though, i was pretty surprised when i started it.
gallagher430 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPaw_Swamer
p.s i'd like you to have a look at the website to see if i have done boxing a diservice. it'll be good to know what you think.
You wrote. "Yes a linebacker has a more physically demanding job than a boxer. Yes a WR is faster and some may have a higher level of endurance than boxers, but what you don???t"

Then why are you seriously agreeing with this guy? Football is no where near as physically demanding or endurance demanding as a 12 round pro fight.
As I said, your just making us look worse without wanting too. I know your trying to defend boxing, but in that particular argument your not doing a very good job.
You gotta understand you can't make posts like that and convince other people to agree with you. The only way of making them agree with you is to get them to do our sport and understand first hand.

Last edited by dmt; 08-13-2006 at 01:32 AM.
gregsid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #10
SouthPaw_Swamer
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 62
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

well it's just how i was making my point. you can't really argue that a linebacker is not stronger than most heavyweights right? the same goes for a WR, they are really very fast. it's naive to think that most boxers could out run a WR because that's what they do, they run. you can't be a good boxer by being really good in one skill but lacking in another. i wasn't aggreing with him i was taking his point and counter arguing it.
I guess i just made the post because i was frustrated about all the bad views about boxing out there. most people who like sports don't really care for boxing i was just trying to show that while everyone may think boxing is "on the ropes" it may be due to the fact that it's soo hard to excel in the sport. if pmproving views of what boxing really is to the people out there is a crime, then i guess i'm guilty.
SouthPaw_Swamer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:16 AM   #11
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPaw_Swamer
well it's just how i was making my point. you can't really argue that a linebacker is not stronger than most heavyweights right? the same goes for a WR, they are really very fast. it's naive to think that most boxers could out run a WR because that's what they do, they run. you can't be a good boxer by being really good in one skill but lacking in another. i wasn't aggreing with him i was taking his point and counter arguing it.
I guess i just made the post because i was frustrated about all the bad views about boxing out there. most people who like sports don't really care for boxing i was just trying to show that while everyone may think boxing is "on the ropes" it may be due to the fact that it's soo hard to excel in the sport. if pmproving views of what boxing really is to the people out there is a crime, then i guess i'm guilty.
I never said a linebacker was stonger than a boxer, I said boxing is a more phyically demanding sport. I never said a boxer could out run a WR, I said we have better endurance.

Anyway I understand what you are trying to do and I agree with you on the subject. Alot of people that I've meet in the past have asked me what sports I play, I told them I box. And most the time I get the response that boxing isn't really a sport, it's just two guys standing in a ring and beating each other.
I hate ingnorant people like that, that have no idea how deep boxing really is, they don't understand that it's all a mind game, that it's a chess game and requires not only extreme physical and metal endurance, but a steady amd calm mind.
They just won't understand unless you place them in front of a good boxing coach and have them learn for themselves.
gregsid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #12
Little_Mac
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 416
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

Tell football guy to imagine 12 three minute long football plays.

That's boxing

Also remind him that boxers don't wear helmets like little ***** girls!
Little_Mac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #13
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsid
You wrote. "Yes a linebacker has a more physically demanding job than a boxer. Yes a WR is faster and some may have a higher level of endurance than boxers, but what you don???t"

Then why are you seriously agreeing with this guy? Football is no where near as physically demanding or endurance demanding as a 12 round pro fight.
As I said, your just making us look worse without wanting too. I know your trying to defend boxing, but in that particular argument your not doing a very good job.
You gotta understand you can't make posts like that and convince other people to agree with you. The only way of making them agree with you is to get them to do our sport and understand first hand.
For the whole 2 weeks most of those dumbass football players last.. At least from what i've seen..

Also, if boxing was just 2 people standing in a ring beating each other, Micky Ward would be an ATG, and Kimbo Slice would actually compete..
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #14
doublesuited
Taylor TKO2 Pavlik
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
Posts: 963
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsid

Then why are you seriously agreeing with this guy? Football is no where near as physically demanding or endurance demanding as a 12 round pro fight.
Yup. You must be retarded.
doublesuited is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:03 AM   #15
Peterp
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 493
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Urgent Help

Boxing is ONE of the hardest sports in the world, no doubt

But i wouldn't call an Ironman triathlon a piece of cake or driving a race car at 300km/hr

Many tough sports out there
Peterp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013