Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Barry Michael Must Go!

I know i have brought this up before but i am dead set serious is he the lover of Anthony Mundine or something? HE IS THE BIGGEST CLOWN in the sport of boxing EVERY TIME he talks about himself no matter what the topic is.

"Well thats like when i fought Lester Ellis" -

What about ANYTIME Katsidis is brought up
'Oh i named Katsidis rocky in his 2nd pro fight - BULL5HIT!"

Now mundine won easy and i give him that but Briggs and Clinton are good fair callers BARRY IS A CLOWN! Not just with Mundine buy any Aussie fighter he is totally bias towards but of course Mundine most of all.

He talks about nothing but himself or how wonderful Mundine is or some other aussie fighter even if they get hit good he says "JUST MISSED with that" or something like "He took that well" NEVER gives credit to the other fighters.

BARRY MICHAEL MUST GO JOIN THE QUEST TO DUMP HIS A55 AND KEEP BRIGGS, KT, CLINTON, HUSSY ANYONE BUT BARRY
waynesmale is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
Ol' Blue
ESB Grumpy Young Man

Default Re: Barry Michael Must Go!

Which one was he? The one who kept going on about how fast Mundine's jab was, and how he would've scored half the rounds 10-8? Because he was good, he came up with a few good calls and has a cool accent. He seemed pretty laid-back too, only yelling when there was something to get excited about, which is good.
Ol' Blue is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Blue
and how he would've scored half the rounds 10-8?
That's definately Michaels...

I agree to a certain extent. He's definately bias, to the extent that its just plain TOO bias. But he is a smart man and does know his boxing. Just wish he could be a little more objective...
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

He is a real big Mundine nuthugger, I don't watch too many Australian broadcasts besides Mundine fights and usually can't stand watching his undercard fights. Briggs is a good commentator definitely and can call the fight as it is without trying lift his own agenda, I don't know too many other commentators though? KT great fighter but he ain't commentator material.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

He is just SOOOOooo bias towards aussie fighters but Mundine more than anyone sure mundine is a great fighter and fast as hell but just the way he over does it i swear i want Katsidis to come pop him on his old head.

Always brings up the past about himself no matter what the topic "HEY THE WORLD IS GOING TO END" Barrys answer would be "Yes thats what Lester Ellis told me when we had our fight" TOTAL D!CKHEAD
Old 06-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
He is just SOOOOooo bias towards aussie fighters but Mundine more than anyone sure mundine is a great fighter and fast as hell but just the way he over does it i swear i want Katsidis to come pop him on his old head.

Always brings up the past about himself no matter what the topic "HEY THE WORLD IS GOING TO END" Barrys answer would be "Yes thats what Lester Ellis told me when we had our fight" TOTAL D!CKHEAD
i tell you who would make a great replacement for Barry Michael. i would love to see Jeff Harding doing the commontating.

He would be very good and he would never talk about himself.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

People know i aint no huge Mundine fan but the guy has great skills and is a top fighter but I HATE BARRY MICHAEL HATE HATE HATE HATE! He brings nothing to the fights so DUMP HIS A55!

Ohh a 10-8 round there BARRY GO LEARN HOW TO SCORE YOU BLOODY IDIOT! 10-8 round is when a standing 8 or a knockdown takes place or a TOTAL beating is on hand to the level that the fighter is ready to be knocked out BARRY THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN SO GO LEARN HOW TO SCORE A DAMN FIGHT!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
People know i aint no huge Mundine fan but the guy has great skills and is a top fighter but I HATE BARRY MICHAEL HATE HATE HATE HATE! He brings nothing to the fights so DUMP HIS A55!

Ohh a 10-8 round there BARRY GO LEARN HOW TO SCORE YOU BLOODY IDIOT! 10-8 round is when a standing 8 or a knockdown takes place or a TOTAL beating is on hand to the level that the fighter is ready to be knocked out BARRY THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN SO GO LEARN HOW TO SCORE A DAMN FIGHT!
Breath waynesmale just take some deep breath's. He is shit though Michaels isnt he.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #9
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
Breath waynesmale just take some deep breath's. He is shit though Michaels isnt he.
ahh mate i cant get over it, really this guy was a WORLD CHAMPION? i rather have Mundine do his own fights then Barry Michael (be less Bias) WHAT'S EVEN WORSE lol

He was able to do a fight of a guy he mangers? Ok yeah like he wont be bias with that fight would be lol

NEXT FIGHT FOR MUNDINE

THE MAN vs THE MOUTH
MUNDINE v MICHAEL
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #10
tills9191
Journeyman

Quote:

i couldnt agree u with more, the guy does too much
its ridiculous... get him out.. fkn 10-8 round my a*se!!
nievas did well to hold on for 12 rounds.
tills9191 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #11
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tills9191
i couldnt agree u with more, the guy does too much
its ridiculous... get him out.. fkn 10-8 round my a*se!!
nievas did well to hold on for 12 rounds.
totally agree clearly mundine won every round all but 1 that was close but come on what he gave like 3 10-8 rounds didn't he? and there was 1 knockdown in the whole fight?

Think Lester punched out whatever brains Barry had.

Last edited by waynesmale; 06-27-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

I didn't watch the fight, but can imagine that there was a fair bit of...

"OOOHHHHHH" whenever Mundine's right went anywhere near Neivas", From the day I first saw his sparring with his old man, I knew he would become champion".

The "I'd nearly give that a 10 - 8 round" is another one that does the rounds a bit with Barry.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #13
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
I know i have brought this up before but i am dead set serious is he the lover of Anthony Mundine or something? HE IS THE BIGGEST CLOWN in the sport of boxing EVERY TIME he talks about himself no matter what the topic is.

"Well thats like when i fought Lester Ellis" -

What about ANYTIME Katsidis is brought up
'Oh i named Katsidis rocky in his 2nd pro fight - BULL5HIT!"

Now mundine won easy and i give him that but Briggs and Clinton are good fair callers BARRY IS A CLOWN! Not just with Mundine buy any Aussie fighter he is totally bias towards but of course Mundine most of all.

He talks about nothing but himself or how wonderful Mundine is or some other aussie fighter even if they get hit good he says "JUST MISSED with that" or something like "He took that well" NEVER gives credit to the other fighters.

BARRY MICHAEL MUST GO JOIN THE QUEST TO DUMP HIS A55 AND KEEP BRIGGS, KT, CLINTON, HUSSY ANYONE BUT BARRY
I agree 100%.

If anyone wants a good laugh, watch Mundine vs Kessler and pay close attention to Michaels' commentary - he's got Mundine winning every round up until the 8th, then he stops saying who he's giving each round to after that, and then all of a sudden he's saying "Mundine's gonna have to step it up if he wants to win this".

Another good one is how around the 8th rd mark when Mundine is visibly tired, and one of the other commentators asks him "What do you think Barry? Do you think we've seen everything Anthony's got, or is there more to come?" and Michaels' answers "No, definitely not, he can go up a gear from here".
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #14
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

I reckon he's an old poof...he kind of reminds me of Alan Jones
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #15
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
I reckon he's an old poof...he kind of reminds me of Alan Jones
HA HA HA

I agree he should go, he loves Mundine more than some of the noobs on here atm!!
Marcus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum