Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #31
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Re: What the FCK did you guys watch last night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Here mate I will point you in the right direction. Go to "www.boxrec.com". Then look up Joe Calzaghe in the search by name. That will have all of his defenses. Now all you have to do is pick 1 that you think is worse.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #32
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Quote:
Even that is debatable. They are at the same level really (first defence each). The difference is that JC KO'd his opponent in 3, where as Choc went the distance. JC would beat Mundine hands down. If Choc fights like last night Lacy would beat him too. Lacy isn't the shot fighter that everyone is making out. People who came out and said that Choc could KO Lacy are absolutely dreaming.
Not debatable at all even Acosta is better than that guy. But you wanted to name a fighter. If your only as good as your last fight then yes, even the Mundine of last night would whip on Lacy.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:01 PM   #33
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
Not debatable at all even Acosta is better than that guy. But you wanted to name a fighter. If your only as good as your last fight then yes, even the Mundine of last night would whip on Lacy.
You have no way of proving that. They are both bums however that is for certain.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #34
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deram
Yes, but I have a suspicion that Mundine is taking these in between fight as an easy way to earn money without really having to focus or spar or anything. May sound smart, but considering his age, I don't think it is. No time for that imo.

I think it was a very smart fight take it keeps hims busy whilst trying to negotiate the big fights ....and ps how do you know that he is not focussing or sparing????
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #35
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He isn't preparing like he would for a Green or Soliman but I'd say that he would still be training pretty hard.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #36
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You have no way of proving that. They are both bums however that is for certain.
Well you have no way of proving that Nievas is any worse than ANY of Calzaghes' opponent.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #37
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
Well you have no way of proving that Nievas is any worse than ANY of Calzaghes' opponent.
Yes I do you clown. Neivas is worse then his other opponents based on their achievements in their career. Neivas has achieved nothing. Take even a crap opponent like Peter Manfredo for instance. Manfredo knocked out Pemberton, a former world champion, and a top 10 fighter in the SMW division. How many former world champions has Nevias KO'd???
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:22 PM   #38
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Guys, just face it, on both accounts...

Mundine wouldn't have treated this as a fight of any real consquence. He would have trained and done the rounds but not to the extent of a big fight.

He got some rounds under his belt against a tough cookie to crack... albeit a lame one that don't taste as good as a double choc chip with whipped cream and strawberries cookie, but it was still tough to crack... that being said, he definitely damn well should have knocked this guy right the **** out.

He had a busted arm. I don't care what you say, I've seen it now (though not when it appeared, just post fight) and it was no 'dead arm' that's an injury imo... atleast for the duration of the fight where you use that arm they way Mundine does it would certainly play an effect on combination punching and counter punching Roy... (anyone know when he did it??)

He needs to fight ONLY legitimate top 15 (I say top 10 but he said top 15 so I guess that's what to expect... though it's Mundine so that could mean top 150) opponents or he might aswell start fighting Friday nights on Fox Sports...

He's on thin ice and if he doesn't challenge himself regularly, he will forever be known as a farce.
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:23 PM   #39
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Manfredo is Jr Middleweight. It's all good for Calzaghe to whip on Manfredo and get a name on his resume, but he's struggled with lesser known fighters but it don't make them any worse than Manfredo, it actually makes em look better. Manfredo was blown out of the water.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #40
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
Yea but Mundine UD Green.

Also Lacy would have killed this guy. But Mundine UD Lacy too.

Oh and if you're looking for a Calzaghe opponent that is worse than Nievas just take a look at his 1st defence. Mundine whip Calzaghe as well.

But mundine UD Lacy too ???????? WTF are u nostradamus or somethin i didint know nuthugging had evolved to predicting the future
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #41
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress
Guys, just face it, on both accounts...

Mundine wouldn't have treated this as a fight of any real consquence. He would have trained and done the rounds but not to the extent of a big fight.

He got some rounds under his belt against a tough cookie to crack... albeit a lame one that don't taste as good as a double choc chip with whipped cream and strawberries cookie, but it was still tough to crack... that being said, he definitely damn well should have knocked this guy right the **** out.

He had a busted arm. I don't care what you say, I've seen it now (though not when it appeared, just post fight) and it was no 'dead arm' that's an injury imo... atleast for the duration of the fight where you use that arm they way Mundine does it would certainly play an effect on combination punching and counter punching Roy... (anyone know when he did it??)

He needs to fight ONLY legitimate top 15 (I say top 10 but he said top 15 so I guess that's what to expect... though it's Mundine so that could mean top 150) opponents or he might aswell start fighting Friday nights on Fox Sports...

He's on thin ice and if he doesn't challenge himself regularly, he will forever be known as a farce.
mmmmmm..... cookie.... Sorry what were we talking about again. Ah yes boxing. Yes I agree with most of that, although I don't think the arm played any part in the fight. I don't think he took the fight seriously, and I am hoping that he can get back on track aganst some serious opponents. I am boycotting him altogether until he does. I bet he won't be happy when he hears that.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #42
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
But mundine UD Lacy too ???????? WTF are u nostradamus or somethin i didint know nuthugging had evolved to predicting the future
Nostradamus.
Mundine beats Lacy IMO, but with a score of about 116-112.
Not a shutout like Calzaghe.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #43
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
Manfredo is Jr Middleweight. It's all good for Calzaghe to whip on Manfredo and get a name on his resume, but he's struggled with lesser known fighters but it don't make them any worse than Manfredo, it actually makes em look better. Manfredo was blown out of the water.
I just proved my point to you entirely. Can you not see that. What can I possibly do to make it any more clear. I will prove it again. You said I could not prove that any of his opponents are better then Neivas. Lets look at Jeff Lacy. Undefeated dual world champion with a record of 21 and 0 with 17 by KO at the time he fought JC. Is Neivas a dual world champion who is undefeated with 17KO's on his record???? It was a stupid thing for you to say. If I were you I would just admit it and move on.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #44
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
mmmmmm..... cookie.... Sorry what were we talking about again. Ah yes boxing. Yes I agree with most of that, although I don't think the arm played any part in the fight. I don't think he took the fight seriously, and I am hoping that he can get back on track aganst some serious opponents. I am boycotting him altogether until he does. I bet he won't be happy when he hears that.
Yeah, he's not boycotted by me just yet, but is on the way... it's been too many steps down the ladder (in one lead up to one fight, which says alot) and not enough forward
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #45
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
How the **** is Manfredo a jr middleweight when he started his career at middleweight and fought for the majority of his career at middleweight. He then by his own admission couldn't make the weight anymore so went up to SMW. He had two convincing wins at this weight before the JC fight, one against former world champion Scott Pemberton. Think about it.
MSTR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum