Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-28-2007, 12:37 AM   #76
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What the FCK did you guys watch last night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr
Impossible
hahahaha
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2007, 12:38 AM   #77
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
My reply to the opponents you named was to point out how they were better than Nievas, because they had more experience than him, had more ringtime, had gone further in rounds.

And the second part of my reasoning was that Calzaghe disposed of them in appropriate fashion.

Mundine couldn't put away a fighter ranked 45th in the world who had never been past 6 rds before, and who had been dropped multiple times by previous opponents.

Put another way, how many top ranked SMWs could a fighter who had never fought past 6 rds last 12 rds with?

There's your differences between Nievas and the 3 Calzaghe opponents you named
Totally Owned. Ouch. That must hurt Teke.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:05 AM   #78
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
My reply to the opponents you named was to point out how they were better than Nievas, because they had more experience than him, had more ringtime, had gone further in rounds.

And the second part of my reasoning was that Calzaghe disposed of them in appropriate fashion.

Mundine couldn't put away a fighter ranked 45th in the world who had never been past 6 rds before, and who had been dropped multiple times by previous opponents.

Put another way, how many top ranked SMWs could a fighter who had never fought past 6 rds last 12 rds with?

There's your differences between Nievas and the 3 Calzaghe opponents you named
All well and good. Can't really be argued with...

But do you honestly think that the reason Mundine couldn't finish him off is because his skill level dropped from KOing the f*ck out of Soliman & schooling the shit out of Green to not being able to put away Nievas in a period of 2 and half months?

There's other factors at play here than what is being alluded to on either side.
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 AM   #79
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress
All well and good. Can't really be argued with...

But do you honestly think that the reason Mundine couldn't finish him off is because his skill level dropped from KOing the f*ck out of Soliman & schooling the shit out of Green to not being able to put away Nievas in a period of 2 and half months?

There's other factors at play here than what is being alluded to on either side.
Well, I haven't seen the fight, so I can't really comment, but, I don't believe Mundine carried Nievas for 12 rds.

From what people are saying on here, they are making out Nievas has got a hell of a chin (even though he gets dropped in every fight).

Perhaps the injury took it's toll, but I suspect Mundine may have gone into this fight expecting it to be a walkover and therefore didn't prepare properly.

I also don't believe he played possum to get Kessler and Calzaghe interested in fighting him - that sort of stuff is venturing into conspiracy theory territory, so I hope no-one starts trying to say that was the reason
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:33 AM   #80
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Well, I haven't seen the fight, so I can't really comment, but, I don't believe Mundine carried Nievas for 12 rds.

From what people are saying on here, they are making out Nievas has got a hell of a chin (even though he gets dropped in every fight).

Perhaps the injury took it's toll, but I suspect Mundine may have gone into this fight expecting it to be a walkover and therefore didn't prepare properly.

I also don't believe he played possum to get Kessler and Calzaghe interested in fighting him - that sort of stuff is venturing into conspiracy theory territory, so I hope no-one starts trying to say that was the reason
Yeah, **** knows what happened. But it's obvious a factor or two played into Nievas favour or rather Mundine's disadvantage is what i'm saying... whether it was knowingly or not or his own fault or not we don't know so is irrelevant. But there's a reason for last night going 12 and I don't think that reason is Mundine's skill level fell by over 10 ranks in the division
Old 06-28-2007, 01:39 AM   #81
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress
Yeah, **** knows what happened. But it's obvious a factor or two played into Nievas favour or rather Mundine's disadvantage is what i'm saying... whether it was knowingly or not or his own fault or not we don't know so is irrelevant. But there's a reason for last night going 12 and I don't think that reason is Mundine's skill level fell by over 10 ranks in the division
Agreed - I don't think anyone is saying Mundine suddenly lost his ability...but it's not just ability that makes you succeed in boxing, it also takes dedication, heart and discipline, etc. and in the past Mundine has shown he can be lacking in these departments.

That said, he can't expect to be competitive against the top dogs if he can't bring his A-game to every fight.

I think what last night's fight has done is burst the bubble of invincibility Mundine and his nuthuggers had started to afford him - he appeared to be on the right track with his attitude after his loss to Kessler, but I think last night may have killed his confidence a bit, and made him come crashing back to earth a little.

Perhaps he will learn that just skills and confidence won't carry you all the way, and may grow from this, who knows.

All I know is that when Mundine's confidence is down, he can't hide it, no matter how hard he tries.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:41 AM   #82
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Agreed - I don't think anyone is saying Mundine suddenly lost his ability...but it's not just ability that makes you succeed in boxing, it also takes dedication, heart and discipline, etc. and in the past Mundine has shown he can be lacking in these departments.

That said, he can't expect to be competitive against the top dogs if he can't bring his A-game to every fight.

I think what last night's fight has done is burst the bubble of invincibility Mundine and his nuthuggers had started to afford him - he appeared to be on the right track with his attitude after his loss to Kessler, but I think last night may have killed his confidence a bit, and made him come crashing back to earth a little.

Perhaps he will learn that just skills and confidence won't carry you all the way, and may grow from this, who knows.

All I know is that when Mundine's confidence is down, he can't hide it, no matter how hard he tries.
well said... hope it does allow him to pick up his game...

Notice how he was in against a bigger guy again also. Bit of a trend there as well.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:51 AM   #83
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Muttley cant read this si it is for the benifit of others. What total horse crap. Firstly, Mutt admits he hasnt seen the fight. But has opinions on it comming out his rectus. Secondly, "he cant exspect to beat the top dogs unless he brings his A game to every fight"...given the evidence of REALITY, this is possibly the most inaccurate comment of all the stupid things that have been said over the last 20 hours. Totally ludicrous. Exhibit (A) What about Joe Calzaghe, who never brings his A game against bums?......etc etc
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 04:07 AM   #84
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
Muttley cant read this si it is for the benifit of others. What total horse crap. Firstly, Mutt admits he hasnt seen the fight. But has opinions on it comming out his rectus. Secondly, "he cant exspect to beat the top dogs unless he brings his A game to every fight"...given the evidence of REALITY, this is possibly the most inaccurate comment of all the stupid things that have been said over the last 20 hours. Totally ludicrous. Exhibit (A) What about Joe Calzaghe, who never brings his A game against bums?......etc etc
If I quote you does that mean that Muttley can now read your post?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 05:07 AM   #85
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I had a great time at the fight....apart from the fact that most of the other fights were crap...but maybe I am easy to entertain.

If that was a bad night for Mundine.....then he looks great even when he has an off night......fast, evasive and entertaining.

Last edited by El Presidente; 02-04-2006 at 10:20 AM.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 05:13 AM   #86
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I enjoyed the fight and mundine did well
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 05:17 AM   #87
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
If I quote you does that mean that Muttley can now read your post?
Thanks for quoting that piece of shit MSTR

He doesn't actually seem to say anything, just a load of piss and wind like his usual crap.

The one legible point he raised about Calzaghe? Calzaghe, even though he doesn't fight to his best potential against every opponent, has yet to fight so badly against one that he loses to them (Siaca? ).

Also, Calzaghe can afford to fight at less than his best against his lower-tier opposition, because Calzaghe is good enough to beat them convincingly at less than 100%.

The same cannot be said for Mundine.

Mundine's problem is his inconsistent self-belief - something that Calzaghe has never let affect his performance in the ring
Old 06-28-2007, 05:30 AM   #88
Achilles
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I just have one question.

What is a bumb??
Achilles is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 05:41 AM   #89
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Here's an example of excuses being made:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm
Wonder how many of Chocs mates (via 3rd party of course) bet on the decision.

There were many opportunities (esp in the middle rounds) where mundine could have finished Nievas off...
Even the bookies thought Nievas was going out early
Old 06-28-2007, 05:53 AM   #90
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I just have one question.

What is a bumb??
Its an acronym.

It stands for Bloody Useless Mundine Believers

When they use it they are secretly confirming their desires to have Mundines children.
MSTR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum