Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Mariusz Wach got a usful win...

...against 7-1 Chris Hammer. Hope to see a Polsih champ crowned one of these days. Besides of course Adamek, Wach and Wawrzyk are still out there, slowly moving up the ladder, though apparently Keisla lost a couple and we all know about Sosnowski.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
-Diablo-

vCash:
Default Re: Mariusz Wach got a usful win...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Adam Kownacki is a beast to keep an eye on....
Old 07-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

this result wasnt that shocking for me! i was really suprised that universum matches hammer with wach!
Universum doesnt give a shit anymore! only one event and theyre contract with zdf is over!
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Wach is huge, but he has no power, no speed, and honestly not all that much skill, from what I remember seeing.. sorry to say. I wish I could speak more highly of him, but I don't see him going too far.

As far as Wawrzyk goes, he has had trouble putting away tomato cans, and iirc had a tough time in his last fight, eventually winning a UD..

Sosnowski got beaten badly by Vitali, but at least showed good heart. I don't see him capturing a title, though. Although I think he will be a tough fight for anybody, and surely has everything only ahead of him after that fight... who knows maybe he will surprise.

Krzysztof Zimnoch only has 4 fight 3-1-0 (3KO), and from what I heard the rumors were that he sounded pretty promising, but struggled to get a draw in his last fight.. which was a huge dissapointment... but we will see hopefully it was just an off night.

Unfortunently not many Polish HW prospects at the time IMO. Adam Kownacki is one to keep an eye on, too. He is listed at 6'3'' but in photoes with Adamek recently seemed a lot smaller then that, since Adamek was listed as 6'1'' and was taller then him... he also needs to get into better shape. He is 3-0 (3KO) at the time, but hopefully will continue fighting and improving.

Last edited by turbina; 07-17-2010 at 07:09 PM.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
-Diablo-

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Wach is huge, but he has no power, no speed, and honestly not all that much skill, from what I remember seeing.. sorry to say. I wish I could speak more highly of him, but I don't see him going too far.

As far as Wawrzyk goes, he has had trouble putting away tomato cans, and iirc had a tough time in his last fight, eventually winning a UD..

Sosnowski got beaten badly by Vitali, but at least showed good heart. I don't see him capturing a title, though. Although I think he will be a tough fight for anybody, and surely has everything only ahead of him at this point... who knows maybe he will surprise.

Krzysztof Zimnoch only has 4 fight 3-1-0 (3KO), and from what I heard the rumors were that he sounded pretty promising, but struggled to get a draw in his last fight.. which was a huge dissapointment... but we will see hopefully it was just an off night.

Unfortunently not many Polish HW prospects at the time IMO. Adam Kownacki is one to keep an eye on, too. He is listed at 6'3'' but in photoes with Adamek recently seemed a lot smaller then that, since Adamek was listed as 6'1'' and was taller then him... he also needs to get into better shape. He is 3-0 (3KO) at the time, but hopefully will continue fighting and improving.

Kownacki won today so hes 4-0 (4 KOs) now...

Kownacki is a guy ill be watching for sure!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Diablo- View Post
Kownacki won today so hes 4-0 (4 KOs) now...
Thats right, I forgot he fought this weekend.

Good to see another KO. I would like to see him in better shape, though..

The shape that you show up in for your fights says a lot about your determination/motivation and approach to the game.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #7
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Adam Kownacki is a beast to keep an eye on....
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:36 AM   #8
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=turbina;7330095]Wach is huge, but he has no power, no speed, and honestly not all that much skill, from what I remember seeing.. sorry to say. I wish I could speak more highly of him, but I don't see him going too

Well, he scored a KO today, so maybe he's developing some power?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #9
Havik
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
...against 7-1 Chris Hammer. Hope to see a Polsih champ crowned one of these days.
Universum already put the bout online:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aoMdr7mPSU[/ame].

I'm a bit surprised at the result, with Hammer signed to Universum, I thought he'd be decent and at least get to European level. Looks like they just threw him in to see if he would sink or swim.

I like the way Universum has gone about things since they got in trouble.
Havik is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 AM   #10
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Well, he scored a KO today, so maybe he's developing some power?
Watching the fight it was a pretty nice KO.

I don't know, I honestly just feel he is lacking, in general. He seems so stiff, and open a lot of times, and plodding. I think when he steps it up against better opponents he will lose unless he improves further (which he did do since the last time I saw him so I give him credit there). But he is 30 years old, fighting pretty weak opposition pretty much padding his record. I like Wach and definently support him and hope i'm wrong, but I don't see him breaking into the world stage.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
-Diablo-

vCash:

Quote:
Thats right, I forgot he fought this weekend.

Good to see another KO. I would like to see him in better shape, though..

The shape that you show up in for your fights says a lot about your determination/motivation and approach to the game.
Well, its not like he's in poor shape, hes in good shape just not in real great shape.

You don't really have to look like Mike Tyson to be a good boxer. Hell, imagine if fatty Chris Arreola looked like Adam Kownacki, he would be a beast!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well, its not like he's in poor shape, hes in good shape just not in real great shape.

You don't really have to look like Mike Tyson to be a good boxer. Hell, imagine if fatty Chris Arreola looked like Adam Kownacki, he would be a beast!
Yea thats true man, boxings no body building competition. But you could tell he has some giggly fat on him, that I think he could easily get rid of with some more discipline. It just makes him look a bit sloppy. I'm waitin for a Golota or Adamek type physique. I just wanna see this kid succeed.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #13
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

Sosnowski got beaten badly by Vitali, but at least showed good heart. I don't see him capturing a title, though. Although I think he will be a tough fight for anybody, and surely has everything only ahead of him after that fight... who knows maybe he will surprise.

I hear that Adamek guy might have a shot though
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #14
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
I hear that Adamek guy might have a shot though
Whos that? He any good?

turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
yogster740
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 263

Quote:
I think you're a little harsh on Wach. I agree he does seem to lack in speed and movement.... his power is so so. He does possess some skill and looks very patient and with pretty decent stamina. He's no world beater by any means but I think he might surprice many...
I think you're spot on with the others.
yogster740 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum