Old 09-02-2010, 04:59 AM   #46
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391
Default Re: nathan briggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBerry View Post

P.S. I live in South East Melbourne should you be man enough to call me a ****ing moron to my face.
no doubt with 50 of your relatives waiting....
goodnight is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2010, 06:53 AM   #47
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
no doubt with 50 of your relatives waiting....
Nah, no local relo's, unless you count my 10y.o daughter and 18m.o son, I'll be one out. See I'm prepared to back myself.
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #48
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

seams to be the norm for a noob to call out somebody for a fight
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #49
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
seams to be the norm for a noob to call out somebody for a fight
Hang on, some faceless wonder called me a ****ing moron from the safety of his anonymity, I just told him my location should he be man enough to say it person to person, as is how I usually like to do business, face to face. I haven't mentioned any thing in the terms of a physical altercation.
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #50
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Well then I'm a ****ing moron.
I'm sorry to hear that your sister is still having troubles from an obviously traumatic experience.
Most people go through life having faced equally or more traumatic experiences Patrick, and all deal with their traumas differently.
Nathan has obviously been in a desperate and passably traumatic situation to resort to such measures, but he is also, like you, your sister, me and every one else, a human being. and one that has risked his life to provide us all with, albeit paid for, entertainment.
I care if he rots in hell, if you at all have ever, even in jest, acknowledged Ned Kelly, Billy the Kid or Brendan Abbott, as some sort of antihero or enjoyed heist movies such as Heat, then you sir are a hypocrite.

P.S. I live in South East Melbourne should you be man enough to call me a ****ing moron to my face.
Whats Billy Dib got to do with this?
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #51
patrick
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Hang on, some faceless wonder called me a ****ing moron from the safety of his anonymity, I just told him my location should he be man enough to say it person to person, as is how I usually like to do business, face to face. I haven't mentioned any thing in the terms of a physical altercation.

D"berry,

My deepest most heartfelt apologies for calling you a f***en moron, as I see it has offended your sensitivities.

The fact that you trivialise a situation where an innocent person has a gun pointed at them should in no way reflect on your character or more to the point, your intelligence.

With regard to meeting you face to face, NO WAY MAN!

A hard man from sth east melbourne would be way too much for the likes of me.

Probably packing heat! FFS NO THANKS!

Cheers Dberry
patrick is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #52
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Nathan Briggs is at the very least dumb.....at the vey worst a callous criminal....and should be aforded no sympathy....a tragic waste of talent.
He took the easy way....the hard way would've been to get a good job and get out of bed everyday to go to work to pay whatever off....like the rest of us.
All he had to do was go out to Mt Isa or over to Kalgoorlie and get a 100 grand a year job....there's heaps of work out there...no excuse....he's got a profile...he would've picked up a job easy.

Last edited by darkhorse; 09-03-2010 at 09:16 PM.
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #53
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
D"berry,

My deepest most heartfelt apologies for calling you a f***en moron, as I see it has offended your sensitivities.

The fact that you trivialise a situation where an innocent person has a gun pointed at them should in no way reflect on your character or more to the point, your intelligence.

Cheers Dberry
Not to trivialize the situation Patrick, and I don't pack heat my sarcastic friend (by the way I love sarcasm and in no way offended by it, I use it often). I'm no hard man, not by any means. But from what I've seen since I was a toddler, a stick up is trivial.
What's less trivial is the mental state and desperation of some one who was once a hero to some if not many.
I saw untold horror during the Cambodian war when I was a toddler, was stabbed in St.kilda when I was twelve I was shot at when I was thirteen, and hit by the ricochet. I have boxed kickboxed and fought MuayThai and worked in some of the roughest venues in Melbourne.
I'm not trivializing armed robbery, in the big picture it is trivial. The only real victims are the ones that where born victims. If some one is still struggling with some desperate intimidating them for some money that wasn't theirs fifteen years later, then they're not a victim of crime, they where born a victim.
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #54
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Whats Billy Dib got to do with this?
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #55
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
D"berry,

Cheers Dberry
Besides what I replied above, insulting me face to face, then allowing my retort, is just as likely going to carry on a conversation that will require a beer or two, as it is anything else.
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #56
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Not to trivialize the situation Patrick, and I don't pack heat my sarcastic friend (by the way I love sarcasm and in no way offended by it, I use it often). I'm no hard man, not by any means. But from what I've seen since I was a toddler, a stick up is trivial.
What's less trivial is the mental state and desperation of some one who was once a hero to some if not many.
I saw untold horror during the Cambodian war when I was a toddler, was stabbed in St.kilda when I was twelve I was shot at when I was thirteen, and hit by the ricochet. I have boxed kickboxed and fought MuayThai and worked in some of the roughest venues in Melbourne.
I'm not trivializing armed robbery, in the big picture it is trivial. The only real victims are the ones that where born victims. If some one is still struggling with some desperate intimidating them for some money that wasn't theirs fifteen years later, then they're not a victim of crime, they where born a victim.
Just so I get this straight, if someone is perfectly normal and enjoying life and then one day gets a gun stuck in their face by some junky wearing a balaclava, and as a result suffer from it, they were "born a victim"? Sorry mate, I don't follow you on that one.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #57
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

nathan done the crime, hell do the time simple as that, for someone who had some talent and prob would of made still some good money domestically fighting regularly and working im sure he could of got himself ahead, its just a brain snap and something hell be regretting for a while
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2010, 01:47 AM   #58
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Just so I get this straight, if someone is perfectly normal and enjoying life and then one day gets a gun stuck in their face by some junky wearing a balaclava, and as a result suffer from it, they were "born a victim"? Sorry mate, I don't follow you on that one.
Ah, I see what you're saying, and this will sound like a contradiction, they are certainly a victim of crime and a victim of the moment, but to still be a suffering victim many years later? They surely have been living with a victim mentality throughout their life.
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2010, 02:47 AM   #59
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

so what is happening with nathan haven't heard anything else
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2010, 04:08 AM   #60
htmonaro
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I must say apart from briggsy's predicimate iv'e enjoyed this thread!Especially the story on the bloke who saved his whole regiment by gunning until the end,on the ship,now thats a hero!!What a legend,I can understand how survivers didn't want to take their medals as that bloke was the true hero,who saved them all,real champion!

Last edited by htmonaro; 09-04-2010 at 04:13 AM. Reason: cos
htmonaro is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum