Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #46
Grillinnap
Flomos are morons
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 3,152
vCash: 18446744073709551554
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

There's nothing more that I want (other than a Bradley fight) than to see Marquez finally get a beating from Pacquiao. Yes, please. Make this fight happen.
Grillinnap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #47
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
There's nothing more that I want (other than a Bradley fight) than to see Marquez finally get a beating from Pacquiao. Yes, please. Make this fight happen.

End this rivalry the way he ended the morales rivalry
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #48
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,638
vCash: 347
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Pacquiao is out of Marquez's league now. Not a good fight
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #49
E30
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 231
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

This is the fight that SHOULD be made since Pac/Floyd won't come off now.

Think about it, the only guy to give Pac hell for 12 rounds (recently).

They can finally settle the score, and the fight can be at 140lbs. Marquez wants that fourth title, what better way than to go through Pac?

If this fight comes off, Floyd would cease to exists for the time being. I wouldn't care if he fought Vital Klit all my attention would be on this fight.
E30 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #50
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 View Post
This is the fight that SHOULD be made since Pac/Floyd won't come off now.

Think about it, the only guy to give Pac hell for 12 rounds (recently).

They can finally settle the score, and the fight can be at 140lbs. Marquez wants that fourth title, what better way than to go through Pac?

If this fight comes off, Floyd would cease to exists for the time being. I wouldn't care if he fought Vital Klit all my attention would be on this fight.

true i rather see this fight than a pac-margarito fight. Pac-Jmm 3 to end the rivalry.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #51
41fever
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: www.SFCboxingGYM.com
Posts: 3,418
vCash: 75
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

If JMM-PAC 4 takes place now, then let da undercard/co-feature b ALEXANDER vs. BRADLEY.
41fever is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #52
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: just down the street and around the corner.
Posts: 5,707
vCash: 1625
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Pac vs Marquez 3 will easily break whatever Floyd has done. Pac is now bigger than ever ppv wise and since marquez is the only one who has ever given Pac trouble in the past.

Pac can still generate Huge PPV if he fights Marquez and Margarito although I really don't want to see Pac vs Margarito, it will still have a big PPV buy.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #53
Suga
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: On the moon
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 75
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec1 View Post
that's funny man...
Yeah people are crazy. They were saying the same things when Marquez fought him the second time and whooped his ass. I still dont know how Pac won that fight, Marquez desurves a third fight no matter what will happen if they ever fought.
Suga is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #54
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41fever View Post
If JMM-PAC 4 takes place now, then let da undercard/co-feature b ALEXANDER vs. BRADLEY.
you mean 3...but yea i would like to see bradley vs alexander in the undercard if greedy bob arum is willing to share with gary shaw.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #55
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suga View Post
Yeah people are crazy. They were saying the same things when Marquez fought him the second time and whooped his ass. I still dont know how Pac won that fight, Marquez desurves a third fight no matter what will happen if they ever fought.
This is why he won
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVRrNB2sLjI[/ame]
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #56
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 32,717
vCash: 372
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
Marquez was quoted by boxing writer Andreas Hale as saying “ I want Manny Pacquiao. I want that third fight with him before my career ends. That is what my heart desires.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I actually rather see this fight than margarito fight. This fight would sell out the cowboys stadium. If the pac-clottey fight can get 50,000 fans. Pac-Marquez would sell more.
It might be a good fight but Marquez already has an opponent lined up soon and Pac needs to fight someone. They sure as hell can't wait for Marquez' fight to be over then wait another few months for Marquez to rest and sign again, he will be inactive for too long.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #57
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
It might be a good fight but Marquez already has an opponent lined up soon and Pac needs to fight someone. They sure as hell can't wait for Marquez' fight to be over then wait another few months for Marquez to rest and sign again, he will be inactive for too long.
Marquez is fighting on july 31st if he wins he has until november 13 to fight again. He has at least one month to rest then start training, assuming they make a deal right away. Marquez is desperate and im sure the deal won't take long. He'll probably take a 70-30 deal cuz he know this could be his last big $$$$ fight.


Marquez was ready to fight floyd by july after his war with diaz in feb 2009. Im sure he would be ready by november after another war with diaz in july.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #58
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,742
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
At 147? Worse beating than he took from Floyd.
100% agree....PAC will send JMM into retirement.
charlievint is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #59
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,873
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
Marquez was quoted by boxing writer Andreas Hale as saying I want Manny Pacquiao. I want that third fight with him before my career ends. That is what my heart desires.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I actually rather see this fight than margarito fight. This fight would sell out the cowboys stadium. If the pac-clottey fight can get 50,000 fans. Pac-Marquez would sell more.
i hope he takes this fight...tony isnt even top 10 competition...jmm is #3 and matches up nice against pac..

i had the rematch 114-113 manny
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #60
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez: I want Manny Pacquiao"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
i hope he takes this fight...tony isnt even top 10 competition...jmm is #3 and matches up nice against pac..

i had the rematch 114-113 manny

#3 Where? 135? He matched up well with Pac at the lowers weight. RIght now, Pac beats him decisively.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013