Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #16
DaSweetScience
Its Spinal
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sweet Science: Monday 6pm: Green v Briggs special & Bobby Scrivano in studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Perhaps the most frustrating part of the farce that was Green v Briggs is that it's gonna be hard to nail anyone in particular for what occurred. There are certainly many involved who did themselves less than proud though.
Simon Watters, (Chairman of the WA Professional Combat Sports Authority) calling for an investigation into the fight reminds me of OJ Simpson calling for an investigation into his wifes mysterious death.
DaSweetScience is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #17
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Re: Sweet Science: Monday 6pm: Green v Briggs special & Bobby Scrivano in studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSweetScience View Post
Simon Watters, (Chairman of the WA Professional Combat Sports Authority) calling for an investigation into the fight reminds me of OJ Simpson calling for an investigation into his wifes mysterious death.

Yeah, as Paul pointed out last night, Watters ought to look into his own role in precedings before pointing the finger at others.

There's more than enough material here for a 'who-dunn-it' mini-series. Thankfully there's no body involved, but there so easily could have been, and that's the most disturbing part of all.

There are many people caught up in this fiasco who ought to hang their heads in shame for relinquishing the responsibilities they are entrusted with - hail the mighty ****en $$$.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #18
DaSweetScience
Its Spinal
ESB Senior Member

Billy Hussein said the fight was sanctioned in WA half an hour after NSW announced its decision. No tests, no phone calls.

A fighter will fight until sanctioning is withdrawn. See Mirovic B.

No sanction, no Main Event, No fight.

The finger is coming straight at you Watters.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #19
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Billy Hussein said the fight was sanctioned in WA half an hour after NSW announced its decision. No tests, no phone calls.

A fighter will fight until sanctioning is withdrawn. See Mirovic B.

No sanction, no Main Event, No fight.

The finger is coming straight at you Watters.

The half hour turnaround of a decision made on medical grounds is certainly diabolical, but there are others invoved both before and after that decision who should be invited to an enquiry to provide 'their thoughts and recollections'.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 AM   #20
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
That comment has been repeated elsewhere, yet remains the perfect tribute regarding the fight engineers this time around.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2010, 07:57 AM   #21
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
That comment has been repeated elsewhere, yet remains the perfect tribute regarding the fight engineers this time around.
Damn, I just posted something similar about half hour ago on the other forum, obliviosu that their was a simuilar line posted here.

I said it was like Pablo Escobar investigating the drug problem in Columbia.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #22
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Damn, I just posted something similar about half hour ago on the other forum, obliviosu that their was a simuilar line posted here.

Here's a new one..........

A bit like Ashley investigating the 'No ****ing Idea' syndrome on ESB..
Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #23
DaSweetScience
Its Spinal
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post

Great minds think alike PJ. You don't let the fox guard the hen house.

The chairman should resign immediately as he is clearly unfit for duty.

Its not about feeding your face, getting your melon on tv and starf%cking.

Its peoples lives and the reputation of the great sport of boxing that are at risk.

Last edited by DaSweetScience; 07-27-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #24
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Great minds think alike PJ. You don't let the fox guard the hen house.

The chairman should resign immediately as he is clearly unfit for duty.

Its not about feeding your face, getting your melon on tv and starf%cking.

Its peoples lives and the reputation of the great sport of boxing that are at risk.

My respect for you is compounded by that post DSS.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #25
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

geez couldhavebeen, go a little more over the top would ya.

if anyone was going to hurt briggs it was briggs himself, you gotta be careful diving to the ground like that, he could have really hurt his neck.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #26
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

who dived?

who lied about there own health?

who was talking it up? " i punch holes in brick walls....im not scared of danny green"

this forum is ****ing amazing sometimes.

i know people have there own opinions and i respect that but face facts people. briggs is a grown man, if he wants to sellout for 200k thats fine, but he shouldnt cry poor me when it blows up in his face.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #27
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
who dived?

who was talking it up? " i punch holes in brick walls....im not scared of danny green"

i know people have there own opinions and i respect that but face facts people. briggs is a grown man, if he wants to sellout for 200k thats fine, but he shouldnt cry poor me when it blows up in his face.
Marcus... If every bloke SOLD OUT for $200,000, the fight game would be a ****ing MORGUE..

Yes, we understand the surrounding events and outcome. Lets pay attention to both circumstances and eradicate any future occurances or likelyhood of a repeat.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #28
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

That bag of yours is sooooo last year!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:31 AM   #29
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
who dived?

i am with you on this one buddy... lot of people with their heads buried in the sand with the cold hard facts staring them in the face. there is no other way to describe what happened that night other than dive, it does not take a neurosurgeon to diagnose that!
stewy is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #30
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
i am with you on this one buddy... lot of people with their heads buried in the sand with the cold hard facts staring them in the face. there is no other way to describe what happened that night other than dive, it does not take a neurosurgeon to diagnose that!
I was 100% sold on the dive theory for days Stewy, but now I honesty don't fricken know.

One thing I do know is that Briggs should never have been allowed in a boxing ring that night. Let alone in a title fight against someone who can hurt.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum