Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Mundine v Waters announcement presser this Weds 28th.

Mundine v Waters will be announced for 15th September at Wollongong at a press conference this Wednesday.

Hope they can script a slightly better stunt at the announcement on Wednesday than their first attempt immediately following the Jerez mismatch!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mundine v Waters announcement presser this Weds 28th.

kel is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
Karam
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Does anyboby know where the announcement/press conference will be?
Karam is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #5
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

WIN Stadium
daz52 is online now  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Mundine to fight Waters in campaign for third title

Sydney Morning Herald - July 27th 2010

Anthony Mundine and Ryan Waters are set to meet in an all-Australian WBA light-middleweight world title eliminator.

The details will be announced in Wollongong tomorrow at a news conference at WIN Stadium.

Waters, 32, the seventh-ranked contender for the title, challenged Mundine after the latter's most recent bout against Argentinian Carlos Jerez last month.

Sydneysider Waters (20-2-2, 12KOs) holds the WBO Asia Pacific and WBO Oriental light-middleweight titles.

A win would move Mundine closer to his objective of winning a world title in a third division. Mundine, 35, (39-3, 23 KOs) is one of the top two contenders for the WBA title.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
Dynamite
Heavy Leather
ESB Jr Member

what a shit fight
Dynamite is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
what a shit fight
You won't get an argument out of me, or too many others around here, on that one Dynamite.

Following the Green v Briggs farce, this is the first chance for the Australian public to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

...and the best way to get that message across is to refuse to 'fund' this mismatch.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
Dynamite
Heavy Leather
ESB Jr Member

bloody oath mate
Dynamite is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
You won't get an argument out of me, or too many others around here, on that one Dynamite.

Following the Green v Briggs farce, this is the first chance for the Australian public to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

...and the best way to get that message across is to refuse to 'fund' this mismatch.
Considering my bet is off with HMMM as he failed to refrain from gay avatars I can now talk about this fight 'objectively' without the fear of being lynched

This gate will work on the fact Waters brings a crowd down that way so IMO 4,000 people at the fight....however IMO I think the PPV numbers will be very low....as its a fair to good domestic match up and not a world class fight....as we all know choc should be fighting world class fights

Considering Mundine has little pop at 154 that should keep Waters in the fight longer however I would expect a wide UD for Mundine. While I dont see Waters going down off a glancing jab I do think Chocs class will see him through.

Lets hope Khoder put off the Woods fight and targets Marg or Cotto so we can get behind a great fight
ashley is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Considering my bet is off with HMMM as he failed to refrain from gay avatars I can now talk about this fight 'objectively' without the fear of being lynched

This gate will work on the fact Waters brings a crowd down that way so IMO 4,000 people at the fight....however IMO I think the PPV numbers will be very low....as its a fair to good domestic match up and not a world class fight....as we all know choc should be fighting world class fights

Considering Mundine has little pop at 154 that should keep Waters in the fight longer however I would expect a wide UD for Mundine. While I dont see Waters going down off a glancing jab I do think Chocs class will see him through.

Lets hope Khoder put off the Woods fight and targets Marg or Cotto so we can get behind a great fight

Do you think Mundine has any pop left in him at any weight though Ash? He's gone about 10 fights now, at various weights, and against some very poor opposition, without looking like stopping anyone.

The Woods fight is the very last thing they need to contemplate at this point in time. If they decide to bulk him up to fight Woods, in what let's face it is a nothing fight, it'll prove once and for all that they have no idea where they are going or what they are doing!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I thought Khoder was already targetting Margarito. I guess he has to wait until Marg is finished with some filipino bum named Pacquiao. Wonder when he will resume talks with Marg, I'm sure Arum has Marg v Mundine on his sights. It's such an easy sell for toprank.

As for Cotto, Khoder should get to Puerto Rico real quick. Floyd is over there atm, rumored to be talking with Cotto's crew. But I'm sure Cotto would rather fight Choc than money. and after reading what a shrewd, ruthles dealer Khoder is, i'm sure he can pesuade Cotto to fight at the WIN entertainment center for 25k instead of wasting his time fighting Floyd in Vegas for 4 million.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #13
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
what a shit fight
That, my friends, pretty much sums it up! Spot on Dynamite!

Only a deluded ****wad like Ash could talk up this exercise in mediocrity! If you are dumb enough to waste your time and money on this dog then you get what you deserve!
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #14
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraHungarian View Post
That, my friends, pretty much sums it up! Spot on Dynamite!

Only a deluded ****wad like Ash could talk up this exercise in mediocrity! If you are dumb enough to waste your time and money on this dog then you get what you deserve!

Marcus is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #15
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

As soon as there's any danger of Mundine facing the likes of Cotto or Marg etc at 154lbs, he'll turn around and say the weight drain is killing me and that he's heading back up to 160lbs, he'll fight a few bums there again and then when it's time to fight a class opponent he'll say i'm going back to 168lbs for some other reason ec etc
the beaver is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum