Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509
Default Darchinyn Set to Fight Z Gorres

Darchinyn is set in line to fight Z gorres for a n elimination fight to fight Dimitri Kirilov.
all he has to do is accept by the 25th of October and he has that fight.

IBF Orders Gorres-Darchinyan Eliminator [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
By Ronnie Nathanielsz

The IBF has ordered a super flyweight elimination bout between Z “The Dream” Gorres and newly crowned IBO champion Vic Darchinyan for the No.1 position in the rankings.

Chairman Lindsey Tucker Jr of the IBF Championship Committee said that the winner will become the mandatory challenger to recently crowned champion Dimitri Kirilov of Russia who is handled by celebrated trainer Freddie Roach.

Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today had communicated with Tucker asking him about the possibility of a Gorres title shot at Kirilov after the Russian had won the vacant world crown in a twelve round unanimous decision over US Olympian Jose Navarro where we joined well-known TV commentator Sev Sarmenta and WBO bantamweight champion Gerry Penalosa in the coverage by the giant broadcast network ABS-CBN.

Darchinyan who lost his IBF/IBO flyweight titles in a stunning fifth round knockout at the hands of “The Filipino Flash” Nonito Donaire last July won the IBO super flyweight crown last Saturday in Sydney with a twelfth round TKO over game challenger Federico Catubay. Darchinyan is ranked No. 5 by the IBF while Gorres is No. 6.

In an email to Eric Gomez, vice president pf Golden Boy Promotions and John Beninati of Gary Shaw Promotions, Tucker requested that they should “contact this office in writing advising of your availability.” The IBF official said “in the event we do not hear from you in writing by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on October 25, 2007 we will assume that you do not wish to participate in this eliminator process.”

Should that happen Tucker said the IBF would “proceed down the list of rankings to the next available contender.” However, he stated that if either fighter is contracted to fight another opponent, is on suspension or out due to medical reasons, under IBF rules he is unavailable. We would then move to the next available contender.”

Meantime, Tony Aldeguer who handles Gorres sent Tucker an email stating that Gorres was “ready and willing to submit himself to an elimination bout against Darchinyan subject to the approval of his promoter, Golden Boy Promotions.”

Aldeguer stated that he was, in fact, interested to promote the elimination bout in the Philippines if given the privilege to do so.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166
Default Re: Darchinyn Set to Fight Z Gorres

yup, i said this on the other vic thread. awesome fight, i bet.
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 01:45 AM   #3
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Tough fight for Darchinyan.
Hope gets thru it.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 02:26 AM   #4
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
yup, i said this on the other vic thread. awesome fight, i bet.
whats this guy like underdog? his record doesnt look too spectacular
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Im quite a fan of Fernando Montiel, he is arguably the best fighter at superfly.
Gorres gave him all sorts of hell, that was a real tricky fight for Montiel.

Fernando is more fluid, skilled and probably just plain better than Vic at this weight, so logically Vic is looking at one hell of a fight here.

I do think however that Montiel's powerpunching made the difference in that fight. He seemed to bust up Gorres a little, whereas Z was more pitta pat, in and out with his shots. He never really got enough respect from Montiel, which he may well been able to if he had fought a bit of a different fight. Though he fought to his strengths and went really well.

Very hard fight for Vic, one that he could well have a hard time winning. I think Vic's size and power and the fact Gorres has been knocked out, will make it interesting though. Vic might be a devastating winner or he may well get schooled.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 03:06 AM   #6
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Yeah it will be interesting to see where it is fought at.
Esp if its in the Fils, it will be alot harder for Vic.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 03:45 AM   #7
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

gorres is a great fighter with average power. he can ko class b fighters but i highly doubt he could do damage against fighters who have respectable chin.

and yes, he gave montiel hell. the scorecards reflected it. many filipinos think that gorres should have won. i think it was really a toss up. too many close rounds. i'd rank gorres behind pac, donaire, and penalosa as the most skilled filipino fighters right now. i'm really high on this guy. when the whole philippines thought boomboom was the next big thing, i knew that gorres would achive more.

anyway, if ever this fight pushes through, we all know that vic has 1 punch ko power. it does not take a genius to say that. gorres on the other hand is leaps above vic in technique. i reccomend you watch his last fight against ortiz in the world cup. his one-twos are really simple but they are fast and accurate.

i think gorres will win more rounds than vic. but i also feel that if vic hits him flush, gorres may not get up. gorres is a much better fighter than catubay so if vic thinks that his opponent will be anywhere near catubay's skill, vic will be in for a long night.

Whatarock has a really good analysis of this match. i agree. and i'm surprised with his knowledge about Z. goob job whatarock.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #8
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
gorres is a great fighter with average power. he can ko class b fighters but i highly doubt he could do damage against fighters who have respectable chin.

and yes, he gave montiel hell. the scorecards reflected it. many filipinos think that gorres should have won. i think it was really a toss up. too many close rounds. i'd rank gorres behind pac, donaire, and penalosa as the most skilled filipino fighters right now. i'm really high on this guy. when the whole philippines thought boomboom was the next big thing, i knew that gorres would achive more.

anyway, if ever this fight pushes through, we all know that vic has 1 punch ko power. it does not take a genius to say that. gorres on the other hand is leaps above vic in technique. i reccomend you watch his last fight against ortiz in the world cup. his one-twos are really simple but they are fast and accurate.

i think gorres will win more rounds than vic. but i also feel that if vic hits him flush, gorres may not get up. gorres is a much better fighter than catubay so if vic thinks that his opponent will be anywhere near catubay's skill, vic will be in for a long night.

Whatarock has a really good analysis of this match. i agree. and i'm surprised with his knowledge about Z. goob job whatarock.

Thanks for the follow up dawg.

Ive only seen him twice, I know how classy Montiel is and if you can not only hang with fernando but go close to beating him then you must be alright.

More than anything I can really see this being a stylistic nightmare for Vic because these skilled shorter fighters tend to get inside his wide shots. Usually they are only doing it the survive but I think Gorres is good enough to may Vic pay for loading up to much,
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #9
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Gorres,a southpaw is not a bad little fighter but beatable.Montiel won the fight IMO. Montiel landed the harder and crispier punches.Gorres was clininging on down the stretch too survive.Gorres is elusive but lacks power.IMO Z has enough to trouble/frustrate Darchinyan. NOTE..Gorres fought the better stronger fighter than Darchinyan has ever in his career..

Last edited by PIPO23; 10-24-2007 at 08:42 PM.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #10
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

finally my idol z will be getting a new challenge in vic after montiel and a chance to redeem himself: this is the right time. i hope he gets past vic and prove himself as one of the best pinoys pug in this era. he is already an elusive classy fighter and still has room to improve. hope he works with his stamina, and his lower abdomen, as it was because of this weaknesses he lost to montiel; and of course his ****iness. i have more hope with this guy than i have with boom boom even before the fight boom2x lost to pdl, for i believe more on elusive defense than a destructive offense that boom2x and aj banal have, and even pac. gudluk to z anyways....
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 12:48 AM   #11
doublesuited
Taylor TKO2 Pavlik
ESB Senior Member

Both of them are bums.
doublesuited is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 01:20 AM   #12
chinachin_76
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Darchinyan by brutal KO. This will be the fight that brings him back in the lime light.
chinachin_76 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #13
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublesuited
Both of them are bums.
you don't have to watch it if you don't want to. there are far worse matches that are made. i don't care if both are bums, i think they'll give a better fight that two overpaid giants in a hugging contest. again, you nobody is requiring you to watch it
Old 10-27-2007, 04:43 AM   #14
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

darchinyan will get through it, he knew exactly what he was doing with catubay, this was obvious by the way he came out in round 12 & clossed the show, he was just getting ring time........ it wont be long till hes back on top.
raff is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 06:33 AM   #15
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff
darchinyan will get through it, he knew exactly what he was doing with catubay, this was obvious by the way he came out in round 12 & clossed the show, he was just getting ring time........ it wont be long till hes back on top.
catubay is not half the fighter gorres is. some aussies also said that vic was hurt at some point in that match. so i think gorres has a fair chance at beating vic.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum