Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-28-2007, 10:14 PM   #16
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ike Ibeabuchi v.s Rocky Marciano

You guys are making him out to be a wimp. Even going so far as to have the Rock lose to the likes of Ike(Over rated imo) Patterson, Bryd, Ruiz, and L Spinks. And a few others. I belive Rocky ranks confirm in the top ten. Sure Walcott or Moore may have been 38 years old in there title fights, but they were still GREAT fighters at the time,Walcott haveing just ko and outpointed Charles, and Moores run though the heavyweight gallent to get to Marciano. Charles was a robbed vs Johnson imo, and ****ell was a test for that nose.

I dont think Rocky could beat say Foreman, but base on styles he has a shot in upsetting Ali.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #17
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Demsey1238, Marciano make #5 on my list all time. That is well inside the my 10. You might even say it puts him in my top 5.

This is a head to head match up. Not who was better all time.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #18
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

All I want to know is who this godero person is, and how godero edited my post.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #19
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

I belive Marciano fairs well in hand to hand. Sure Foreman and Liston has the best chance. But he outsmarm most of the best boxers like Holmes or Tunney IMO, or have a close brawl with Fraizer or Dempsey which could go either way imo. Most of this is guess work, we never know for SURE unless we have a time machine, Louis was the best of his era and no one outside of a few posters complains about head to head with him. But in regards to Marciano its other matter.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:28 PM   #20
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Demsey1238, I respect your opinion about Marciano. He never lost.

A lot of posters are picking him in this thread. I would hardly call it favored onesided for Ike.

Louis had the most complete offense of any heavyweight, and he has some nice stats to put with his offense. I rank him 2nd all time. I don't complain when people pick against him in head to heads.

Marciano had more stylistic flaws than some of the people he is held in the same regard as. That is why some pick against him. The same rings true for George Foreman. Marciano and Foreman are great in spite of their flaws, but you can still pick against them in head to head match ups. It's only opinions.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #21
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

Foreman did have a lot of flaws, but most of these vs fights with Foreman mostly ends up ko 3 or 4 vs Louis or Holmes ete.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:13 AM   #22
Senya13
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1210

Ibeabuchi by slaughter. Marciano has zero chance whatsoever. And it will be finished in the first three rounds.
Senya13 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 05:52 AM   #23
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homicidal Hank
What makes Louis' offense more complete than Liston's or Foreman's?
If you have to ask what makes Louis's offense more complete than Foreman's then you would do better to follow a diferent sport.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 05:56 AM   #24
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets
I know what you mean, Homicidal Hank. Some people think he was the greatest ever, no matter what.
Marciano's verry vocal critics on this forum are always bemoaning his legions of delusional fans who consider him the greatest ever and cannot envisage him loosing.

How many people on this forum do actualy have him in the No1 spot on their top heavyweight's list?

How many of his delusional fans pick him over Foreman in a fantasy match up?

If the answer to these question's is none or nearly none then it suggests that the problem lies with the anti Marciano faction.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 AM   #25
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Ike really never fought anyone but the (Vlad Klitschko Dominated Byrd) and a disputed decision over the( Byrd dominated Tua,) Tua was Slow,Fat, but IMO he beat IKE and many others felt the same, So kiddies Clubber Lang and IVAN Drago may have been ATG's in your minds because of the way they looked....IKE was not in the ATG class, not even a solid serious contender for long and like I said above WHO did he beat, we are letting are imaginations get carried away, Lennox Lewis may have KO'd him in the same manner he took out Grant, what if Grant went to prison before that fight would you be saying the same thing. Ring worth is proven in the Ring not in the imagination of the fans like wrestling...IKE was a contender for a short while and never proved he could do more
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #26
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

This is a no brainer

Ibeabuchi by KO1
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #27
Marciano Frazier
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor
Marciano's verry vocal critics on this forum are always bemoaning his legions of delusional fans who consider him the greatest ever and cannot envisage him loosing.

How many people on this forum do actualy have him in the No1 spot on their top heavyweight's list?

How many of his delusional fans pick him over Foreman in a fantasy match up?

If the answer to these question's is none or nearly none then it suggests that the problem lies with the anti Marciano faction.
B-I-N-G-O. It is absolutely not true that Marciano's supporters on this forum think of him as superhuman or invincible and refuse to accept that he could lose; in fact, nearly of the posters who these guys are debating with when they pull the "you're-a-biased-hero-worshipper-who-views-his-man-as-unbeatable" card only have Marciano in the 3-5 range in their rankings and would pick at least a couple other champions to beat him. It isn't as though we're offended by the idea that he could lose- more like they're offended by the idea that he could win.
Marciano Frazier is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #28
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

IKE by stoppage. on cuts. ike hit hard enough to produce em, and had the chin to hold of marcianos rallies.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #29
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon Rojo
This is a no brainer

Ibeabuchi by KO1
You dicking around????,apart from one and maybe two fights,what else did ike do?,he looked decent,and may have become a legend,but its impossable to tell really,the rock with a late KO.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #30
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
IKE by stoppage. on cuts. ike hit hard enough to produce em, and had the chin to hold of marcianos rallies.
is that so...
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum