Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 12:23 AM   #31
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ike Ibeabuchi v.s Rocky Marciano

Who was IKe, he won a disputed decision over Tua and KO'd a Vlad dominated Byrd, How do we know Lewis wouldn't have Ko'd him as fast as he did Grant and Golota, IKe had a mental weakness and it was exposed and he would have showed it in the ring as well, he was a could have been,possibly
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #32
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis
Ike really never fought anyone but the (Vlad Klitschko Dominated Byrd) and a disputed decision over the( Byrd dominated Tua,) Tua was Slow,Fat, but IMO he beat IKE and many others felt the same, So kiddies Clubber Lang and IVAN Drago may have been ATG's in your minds because of the way they looked....IKE was not in the ATG class, not even a solid serious contender for long and like I said above WHO did he beat, we are letting are imaginations get carried away, Lennox Lewis may have KO'd him in the same manner he took out Grant, what if Grant went to prison before that fight would you be saying the same thing. Ring worth is proven in the Ring not in the imagination of the fans like wrestling...IKE was a contender for a short while and never proved he could do more
Tua vs Ibeabuchi was a war. Tua was at his idea weight, and was neither fat nor slow in this fight. If you have not seen the match, I highly recommend watching it. While Ike was but a contender for a short while, he proved he could go toe to toe with a banger like Tua, and track down a fast boxer with good defense in Byrd. Ibeabuchi's KO blow over Byrd was one of the hardest shots I've seen. So Ibeabuchi's chin, stamina, power, were proven on the world class levels. Ibeabuchi had good skills as well. All great champions were at the point that Ibeabuchi was prior to getting their title shots, so itís up to personal interpretation whether Ibeabuchi ascend to the rank of champion or not. I tend to believe he would have been a champion without his outside the ring troubles.

In a potential match up between the two, Ibebuchi would seem to have the advantage on paper. Rocky could not hope to stop Ibeabuchi as easily as he did with his other opponents, nor could he hope Ibeabuchi tiring late in the match. To pick a winner here would cost me a vowel in my last name, and I'll leave it at that.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #33
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Lewis dominated Tua,Byrd totally outboxed him, he drew with Rahman in there last fight. Tua is a good fighter but limited, he won disputed decisions over Jeff Wooden and Cisse Saliff. Tua's weight was good for the Ike fight and YES, I watched it,very entertaining but I did not see any all time greats in the ring that night, Tua had a chance vs Lewis but Lewis also had a chance of doing the same thing he did to Grant and Golota
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 09:07 AM   #34
joe the great
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Marciano probably on points.
joe the great is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 09:48 AM   #35
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

IMPORTANT POINT

Before the fight starts give Marciano the steroids Ibeauchis taking for 12months and lots of protein and supplements.

It would still be a close 1 though Ike was a beast
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #36
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega dega Doom
oh damn this will be a no win thread! marciano never fought anyody worth a damn at least n their prime! he wouldn't even be considered a heavyweight nowadays him weighing in at 185-188 he would be just a cruiserweight at best! Ike would KO him within 1-2 rounds! sorry old timers but the truth is going to hurt on this one!
Rarely do I take a newb's opinion with little more than a grain of salt but this dude's on point. Well said.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 02:58 PM   #37
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
is that so...
yes
unitas is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #38
Senya13
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1210

We all saw Marciano throwing 100 punches in every round of every fight, without exception. Such as the 1st Walcott fight. Or first round of Moore fight. There are of course, more examples, but just picking the most obvious ones, where he was throwing them non-stop. But then the films of the fights were re-edited by Marciano's haters and Rocky was replaced with his clone in them, who, on purpose, didn't throw that many punches.
Senya13 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 04:08 PM   #39
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senya13
We all saw Marciano throwing 100 punches in every round of every fight, without exception. Such as the 1st Walcott fight. Or first round of Moore fight. There are of course, more examples, but just picking the most obvious ones, where he was throwing them non-stop. But then the films of the fights were re-edited by Marciano's haters and Rocky was replaced with his clone in them, who, on purpose, didn't throw that many punches.

I like your irony.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #40
dmt
Hardest hitting hw ever
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homicidal Hank
Marciano is arguably the most overrated fighter ever. I am happy to see so many people picking Ibeabuchi to win this. It means that the Rocky myth is not carrying the same power it used to. Maybe we won't have to see his name on top ten lists in the future.
His name will always appear of top 10 lists as would Dempsey's and Louis's. Just because you rate rubbish heavyweights like Spinks ahead of them does not mean everybody else does. 99 percent of this forum had these three with in their top 20 and majority in the top 10. They are not wrong, you are.
dmt is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #41
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'd rate Marciano as one the top 5 heavyweights of all-time. Undefeated and beat most of the top contenders of his time, on a good day I could be tempted to put him #3 only behind Ali and Louis. However, when it comes to head to head match-ups I think Marciano gets very overrated. Regardless of what legends are out there about Marciano, the guy I see on film just doesn't overly impress me like he does some people. Sure he has his strengths, but people tend to overexaggerate them. He might be the most flawed all-time great heavyweight as well. From his era and earlier he does well in head to head bout. He beats some of the greats and loses to others. Post 1960 I really think Marciano doesn't fare well amongst the elite heavies. And this is coming from a guy who neither hates or loves Marciano. I just take him as he was and don't try to downgrade what he was or put him on a pedistal either.

As far as a match between Ike and Marciano, I'd take Ike big time in this one. Sure he is totally unproven with only the two big fights to his credit. However, the Ike I see in those two fights beats any Marciano I have seen on film. And yes it has a lot to do with size in this fight. Ike is just way to big of a man for Marciano. Its like putting Marciano in the ring with a jr middleweight. Sometimes size matters and it would in this case. Ike by stoppage, probably in the last third of the fight.
BOGART is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #42
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homicidal Hank
Marciano is arguably the most overrated fighter ever. I am happy to see so many people picking Ibeabuchi to win this. It means that the Rocky myth is not carrying the same power it used to. Maybe we won't have to see his name on top ten lists in the future.
Don't hold your breath.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #43
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senya13
We all saw Marciano throwing 100 punches in every round of every fight, without exception.
He did average a good 80 per round in the first Charles fight. Feel free to count them.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #44
joe33

vCash:

Haha HH is at it again,just think mate when your long dead and forgotten like most of us on this board,the roclk will be forever remembered as a true sporting icon and legend,a guy who was a great great fighting machine,and who was also a nice and humble guy,ive never heard one person from back then say a bad word about him outside the ring,would have loved to seen him fight live.So Haters like HH,just think that in another 50 100 200 years time,he will still be on the record books as the only undefeated HW,whos record may never be beat,stick that in your pipe and smoke it bro,or go and worship your spinks posters,i bet you do that shit in the nude to,bet it gives you a right hard on hahahahahahahaha.......................
Old 06-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #45
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

I dont think the Earth has 200 years lol. By that time Marciano WILL beforgoting. So will Ali or George Washington.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum