Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting


vBookie Event: Cloud vs. Johnson (Boxing)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Cloud vs. Johnson (Boxing)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Tavoris Cloud 1/2 (0.50) 67 40193 WIN!
Glen Johnson 2/1 (2.00) 17 2308  
Draw 25/1 (25.00) 3 675  
Over 9.5 rounds 2/5 F (0.40) 5 950 WIN!
Under 9.5 rounds 7/4 (1.75) 15 1287  

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 123,002
vCash: 35250
Default Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Smackersmith
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 278
vCash: 75
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

Is this really going to be a contest? I can see cloud blowing him out
Smackersmith is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Everything in Retro???
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 2266
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

IT'S GONNA GET CLOUDY!!!!!!![Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
NSFW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

you guys should adjust your odds, like real bookies do.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:59 AM   #5
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 10151
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

Cloud is a moral at those odds
1300 on Cloud.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:42 AM   #6
natep
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: lucifers sanctuary, no one will come for me.
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 362
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

Those odds on Johnson are great. Go Glen!!!
natep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,194
vCash: 75
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

dude I would seriously consider putting money on johnson in this fight, with those odds
Diggersan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
SteveO
MSW
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 1040
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

I got to go with Cloud.

Glen is an old-school fighter, the likes of which we need more of, but I think his time has finally run out.
SteveO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,106
vCash: 75
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

Cloud doesn't impress me that much. I think/hope the Road Warrior teaches him a lesson.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 123,002
vCash: 35250
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
you guys should adjust your odds, like real bookies do.
That isn't feasible.

In every incarnation of it in ESB's history, VBookie has always been set up so that odds stay as they are once they are set.

So there are two options:

If you want the final odds heading into a fight, you'll have to wait until about 48 hours before the night of for events to go up, when the final odds usually do on the major real sportsbooks.

If you want lots of lead time on some of the bigger fights, like a week out for instance...those odds are going to be locked in.

Either/or.

Most people seem to prefer having a little more time than waiting until the last minute. Majority rules.

There will be no adjustments after events are set up. Nobody has time for that.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #11
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, Esperantia
Posts: 24,944
vCash: 26664
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
That isn't feasible.

In every incarnation of it in ESB's history, VBookie has always been set up so that odds stay as they are once they are set.

So there are two options:

If you want the final odds heading into a fight, you'll have to wait until about 48 hours before the night of for events to go up, when the final odds usually do on the major real sportsbooks.

If you want lots of lead time on some of the bigger fights, like a week out for instance...those odds are going to be locked in.

Either/or.

Most people seem to prefer having a little more time than waiting until the last minute. Majority rules.

There will be no adjustments after events are set up. Nobody has time for that.
I like it this way, because of my simple mind.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #12
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Battery Park
Posts: 7,732
vCash: 2203
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

All on Cloud.
fatcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 123,002
vCash: 35250
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
That isn't feasible.

In every incarnation of it in ESB's history, VBookie has always been set up so that odds stay as they are once they are set.

So there are two options:

If you want the final odds heading into a fight, you'll have to wait until about 48 hours before the night of for events to go up, when the final odds usually do on the major real sportsbooks.

If you want lots of lead time on some of the bigger fights, like a week out for instance...those odds are going to be locked in.

Either/or.

Most people seem to prefer having a little more time than waiting until the last minute. Majority rules.

There will be no adjustments after events are set up. Nobody has time for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I like it this way, because of my simple mind.
Not to mention - what PH|LLA proposes is a terrible idea, because it would be unfair to people who place bets at one price only to have it then change on them. That would be ridiculous. VBookie isn't as dynamic a software as people seem to think it is. There's no way to save bets at one price when the price on that option is changed.

In summation: it isn't possible to adjust odds on this system, and even if it was we wouldn't feel like it. So it's a double no.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #14
psilas
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

5 years ago I woulda gone with Woods.

5 years ago I woulda gone with Johnson.

Today I STILL go with Johnson.

Old Woods didn't have the style or workrate to incapacitate Clouds best attributes whereas Johnson does.

If Johnson moves in, hands up and throwing, Cloud will lose due to having no leverage.

Cloud looked bewildered and dog tired after the Woods fight, having thrown everything at Woods and to still have Clinton standing there really messed with Cloud's mind.

WTF is Cloud gonna look like if Johnson brings his A-game?
Cloud's a slugger, little else I'm afraid.

Johnson on points.
psilas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #15
Fighting Fisherman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 473
vCash: 75
Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Glen Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilas View Post
5 years ago I woulda gone with Woods.

5 years ago I woulda gone with Johnson.

Today I STILL go with Johnson.

Old Woods didn't have the style or workrate to incapacitate Clouds best attributes whereas Johnson does.

If Johnson moves in, hands up and throwing, Cloud will lose due to having no leverage.

Cloud looked bewildered and dog tired after the Woods fight, having thrown everything at Woods and to still have Clinton standing there really messed with Cloud's mind.

WTF is Cloud gonna look like if Johnson brings his A-game?
Cloud's a slugger, little else I'm afraid.

Johnson on points.
Fighting Fisherman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013