Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-30-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Amir Khan explaining how he would destroy everyone at 140

Khan on Devon Alexander

"I think hes seriously overrated and I know I'll destroy him if and when we meet.Whos he fought?
An old Junior Witter, who I never thought much of anyway and an overhyped Urango who was exposed by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].Now hes facing a guy I shut out almost 12 months ago.
Hes only getting hyped because hes American and they're desperate for a new Golden Boy over there.
If I was a Yank,they'd be saying im the next this and that.
Im one of the most fastest fighters in the world at any weight and my speed would dishearten him.
You'll notice how he never calls me out.I think even he knows he couldnt cope".

''He needs to be given tougher fights. He's just getting hype because he's American and they're desperate for a new Golden boy. He's fighting nobodies. If he wants to be taken seriously why doesnt he fight Bradley. I'll fight Maidana, then the winners can meet."

''From what ive seen he is strong, hard hitting and aggresive. All he brings is power. I see a lot of mistakes and neither his work rate or defence are the best. His hands are very low. Om not sure he could take my shots. I think he's a very good style for me. Im one of the fastest fighters in the world. You'll notice he never calls me out. He knows he couldn't cope.''

Khan on Timothy Bradley

"I think im already the biggest draw in the division but,me apart,Bradley is the best name out there and it would be a good fight.
I dont think hes got the power to knock me out.
Jose Benavidez(Khans highly touted 18 year old stablemate)went away to spar with Bradley and apparently took him apart.
When he came back to L.A. he told me I was way ahead of Bradley - Quicker,hit harder and had better skills.
The way to beat Tim is hitting him hard enough to keep him away but its more of a question of how Tim Bradley can cope with my style".

Khan on Victor Ortiz

"Hes a good explosive fighter but,at the minute,I think hes a notch below myself,Bradley and Alexander.
When we met in the Amateurs in Louisiana we were both just 17.He was a real big name,had been unbeaten for a very long time and a lot of guys were pulling out from fighting him.
All the Americans told me I would get beat but I really took him apart - Beat him to the punch and overpowered him.After two rounds,he stayed on his stool and couldnt take anymore.
Ive got his number and he knows that.
Hes also quit against Maidana so that confirms hes not strong mentally.
I would stand and fight with him,destroy him mentally and probably stop him".

Khan on Marcos Maidana

"This is the one I want most,ive told Golden Boy to make the fight.I know a lot of people think this is a risky fight for me and i'll try to avoid him but I love to prove people wrong and this fight allows me to make a statement.
Fighting at lightweight,there was too much weight for me to lose and I was weak in the ring.Im totally different at 140.
Even though hes been down,he seems to have a pretty good chin,so I couldnt risk getting in a war with him.I already made that mistake against Prescott.
Hes got no skill or techinique and very flat footed.Ortiz was taking him apart until he lost focus and got involved in a war.
Kotelnik managed to beat him by frustrating him and thats what I would do.Im a lot taller and I'd move,run him onto my shots and hurt him,I think I would stop him late.
Victor Ortiz told me I would take him apart
emallini is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210
Default Re: Amir Khan explaining how he would destroy everyone at 140

I'll listen to something Khan says after he fights someone who can punch and wins.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
Scott-Robson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 15444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
I'll listen to something Khan says after he fights someone who can punch and wins.
Exactly this ^^^
Scott-Robson is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Paulie could punch
emallini is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

His comments on:

Alexander - Are pretty retarded comments. He's accusing him (falsely) of the exact same thing he's guilty of himself! And how the f*ck can he blast him for not taking on Bradley, when it was Bradley that avoided Alexander! Khan's never been the brightest bulb in the pack, and being a fan of his I cringe when he talks about other opponents. The only saving grace, was that he hadn't spouted anything about Alexander (a guy who puts him to shame when it comes to head to head development). I was hoping he'd keep it that way. Idiot

Bradley - Again, he's the most accomplished fighter in the division. It's not a good idea to insult him considering you yourself haven't done much yet.

Ortiz - wtf? He's your stablemate and friend (by the looks of it), so why be disparaging when talking about him? Ok fine, you think you're a better fighter than him, but try and be a little more respectful and not bark "I've got his number and he knows that. He's also quit against Maidana so that confirms hes not strong mentally. I would stand and fight with him, destroy him mentally and probably stop him"

Maidana - Ok fine, he made some good points. Now how about taking him on after your warm up bout against JMM?

Seriously, I don't understand some of the deluded stuff he comes out with. It makes it hard to be a fan of his. But at the same time, it does make me question whether he even made those comments. His demeanour on camera, is very different to the one in written articles. Very strange
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #6
Broxi
Me Whee!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
I'll listen to something Khan says after he fights someone
Fixed
Broxi is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #7
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

All talk, no action, as usual.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #8
hellblazer
All-Time Great™
ESB Addict

Breidis Prescott will knockout his ass again.
hellblazer is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #9
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
His comments on:

Alexander - Are pretty retarded comments. He's accusing him (falsely) of the exact same thing he's guilty of himself! And how the f*ck can he blast him for not taking on Bradley, when it was Bradley that avoided Alexander! Khan's never been the brightest bulb in the pack, and being a fan of his I cringe when he talks about other opponents. The only saving grace, was that he hadn't spouted anything about Alexander (a guy who puts him to shame when it comes to head to head development). I was hoping he'd keep it that way. Idiot

Bradley - Again, he's the most accomplished fighter in the division. It's not a good idea to insult him considering you yourself haven't done much yet.

Ortiz - wtf? He's your stablemate and friend (by the looks of it), so why be disparaging when talking about him? Ok fine, you think you're a better fighter than him, but try and be a little more respectful and not bark "I've got his number and he knows that. He's also quit against Maidana so that confirms hes not strong mentally. I would stand and fight with him, destroy him mentally and probably stop him"

Maidana - Ok fine, he made some good points. Now how about taking him on after your warm up bout against JMM?

Seriously, I don't understand some of the deluded stuff he comes out with. It makes it hard to be a fan of his. But at the same time, it does make me question whether he even made those comments. His demeanour on camera, is very different to the one in written articles. Very strange
Khan has never claimed to be the brightest guy in the World.

But he is entitled to his opinion. And many would agree with him.
TerryESB is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #10
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Of all these, Khan is the only one to be knocked out cold.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #11
dhenzrae
A Proud Noypi
ESB Addict

vCash: 18446744073709551541

there's a ring to prove these things, mr. khan.
dhenzrae is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #12
bigdan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

i like khan, as soon as he proves he can win in the ring with some big hitters and not the likes of malignaggi i will have a lot more respect for him. But he has got one ****ing big mouth...
bigdan is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #13
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
Khan has never claimed to be the brightest guy in the World.

But he is entitled to his opinion. And many would agree with him.
Fair enough. I just think he should let his talent do the talking.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
Kel1981
P4P No.1
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Hmmmm, so he talks credible opponents down, cherry picks winnable low risk fights........remind you of anyone?
Kel1981 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #15
time
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

All khan seems to do is talk!! He destroys everyone in his mind, fights at 140 should be good over the next year or so though, needs a tourney badly
time is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum