Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #31
slantone
Ring General
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2204
Default Re: Amir Khan explaining how he would destroy everyone at 140

i think he thinks he s like one step below manny and floyd- but the truth is, he hasnt really seperated himself from ortiz and berto and maidana and that level quite yet. he s on the third tier of fighter right now- with the two obvious guys at the top, and nobody really on the second rung, thats at that weight. by that i mean - theres noone thats p4p , can draw a ppv, and is a good enough fighter that qualifies in my opinion. khan has some of those- but his resume dosent back it up yet, and he s not yet a draw in america, so to say he s better than these guys is a bit premature.

confidence is a good thing though. he may need it. he s a good fighter- but for him to be fighting twice a year like mannny and floyd is ridiculous, he s done **** all. he needs to be fighting 4 times a year- and cleaning out his first division , defend for a couple years- THEN he can start to talk like a ****ing pimp. Manny and Floyd did that, he s jumping the gun a litle bit Amir. he should take his time, beat his peers, and grow into this. he cant wear the crown yet- comfortably and it shows.
slantone is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #32
ThereIsOnlyOne
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

I love Amir Khan, the difference with his talk and Mayweathers talk is he is willing to fight anyone. I mean, who has he ducked?
Prescott, come on, he is a level above and im sure he will one day avenge it but does anyone really want to see it? No.
Maidana? He's beaten him once, i'd like to see it again to but there is other fights he should be taking.
No one else wants to get in the ring with him. Keep talking Khan, eventually one of these *****s will bite and face you and lose
But there is one thing, the nickname King Khan is definately not going to stick till you truly conquer another King imo. Prince Khan would be better for the time being
ThereIsOnlyOne is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #33
eazym1979
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I like Khan but he needs to shut up, bradley didnt fight him for whatever

reason thats fine but beating an over the hill judah doesnt exactly make

you mayweather dude. khan has a bright future if he doesnt think he's

bigger then the sport and last time i checked he didnt sell his fight out

with jab there was plenty of empty seats there that night
eazym1979 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #34
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
His comments on:

Alexander - Are pretty retarded comments. He's accusing him (falsely) of the exact same thing he's guilty of himself! And how the f*ck can he blast him for not taking on Bradley, when it was Bradley that avoided Alexander! Khan's never been the brightest bulb in the pack, and being a fan of his I cringe when he talks about other opponents. The only saving grace, was that he hadn't spouted anything about Alexander (a guy who puts him to shame when it comes to head to head development). I was hoping he'd keep it that way. Idiot

Bradley - Again, he's the most accomplished fighter in the division. It's not a good idea to insult him considering you yourself haven't done much yet.

Ortiz - wtf? He's your stablemate and friend (by the looks of it), so why be disparaging when talking about him? Ok fine, you think you're a better fighter than him, but try and be a little more respectful and not bark "I've got his number and he knows that. He's also quit against Maidana so that confirms hes not strong mentally. I would stand and fight with him, destroy him mentally and probably stop him"

Maidana - Ok fine, he made some good points. Now how about taking him on after your warm up bout against JMM?

Seriously, I don't understand some of the deluded stuff he comes out with. It makes it hard to be a fan of his. But at the same time, it does make me question whether he even made those comments. His demeanour on camera, is very different to the one in written articles. Very strange
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #35
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Quote:

I'd say I got off lightly in comparison.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #36
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post

I'd say I got off lightly in comparison.

Digged threads can be a bitch. They can so easily come back and bite you in the ass.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #37
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Digged threads can be a bitch. They can so easily come back and bite you in the ass.
Yeah you know. I'm still waiting for one to pop up were I lose all credibility I ever had on here. That has yet to happen, and if it does...I will blame it on alcohol.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #38
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
Yeah you know. I'm still waiting for one to pop up were I lose all credibility I ever had on here. That has yet to happen, and if it does...I will blame it on alcohol.
Damn. I don't drink, so I can't blame it on that. I'll just do a Laz, and say my little brother hacked my account.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #39
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
To be fair i think some of your points were justified at the time
I mean it's not a bad as your "Maidana will stop Khan with a bodyshot" prediction
izmat is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #40
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Damn. I don't drink, so I can't blame it on that. I'll just do a Laz, and say my little brother hacked my account.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #41
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Is this guy really any worse than Floyd in thinking and boasting about how good he is.

At least you would think he would be a little more humble in light of the fact that he got knocked out cold.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum