Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #16
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210
Default Re: Katsidis vs JMM ???

I think Katsidis has improved out of sight since his two losses. He stands a chance of beating Marquez as long as he doesnt try to outbox him.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #17
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

It won't happen I'm afraid. As much as this would be a great matchup, Marquez Isn't getting any younger and is only looking for big money fights. And Katsidis doesn't bring that, being the reason why a Khan fight is in play.

JMM will get the chance to win a 4th division weight title and be the first mexican to do so as he wants to pursue and would generate money in the UK and US.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #18
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
I think Katsidis has improved out of sight since his two losses. He stands a chance of beating Marquez as long as he doesnt try to outbox him.
I hope your right mate but IMO JMM is one of the better counter punchers going around and Kats will be open to these shots all day long.

If Kats can fight like he did against Eskobedo then he has a chance and agree hes come a long way now.

Cant wait for the announcement
ashley is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #19
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I'd rather see Katsidis dine out on a few more B+ fighters from the UK or somewhere else, that way he can make some nice pay days and grow his reputation before taking on the elite again in JMM.

If he can go through the next 2-3 fights undefeated then a huge pay day will come in the form of a Khan fight in UK or possibly a Pacman fight 12-18 months done the track if things pan out..... Those 2 wld be nice superannuation fights and he coukld probably box on.
kel is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #20
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
I'd rather see Katsidis dine out on a few more B+ fighters from the UK or somewhere else, that way he can make some nice pay days and grow his reputation before taking on the elite again in JMM.

If he can go through the next 2-3 fights undefeated then a huge pay day will come in the form of a Khan fight in UK or possibly a Pacman fight 12-18 months done the track if things pan out..... Those 2 wld be nice superannuation fights and he coukld probably box on.
Agree with this provided the title is vacated....Kats has the shot if JMM wont vacate and he should take it IMO...no issues if Kats gets beat by JMM.

If the title is Kats then he can "dine out" as you say
ashley is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #21
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

If Marquez beats Khan and becomes a four division champ, he'll be cracking my top 100 of All Time list I would say. Hell, he's probably got a great case to be there already. Katsidis is a top fighter. Marquez is a great fighter and I think he'd prove that if they fought.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
It won't happen I'm afraid. As much as this would be a great matchup, Marquez Isn't getting any younger and is only looking for big money fights. And Katsidis doesn't bring that, being the reason why a Khan fight is in play.

JMM will get the chance to win a 4th division weight title and be the first mexican to do so as he wants to pursue and would generate money in the UK and US.
this.JMM-Khan next up i reckon.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #23
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I can see Marquez finding another opponent, while I think he has a good chance of winning against Kats the first few rounds will be dangerous.

Was Kats fighting with a broken hand against Daiz? If so then the comparisons are not really valid.
Bognashavin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum