Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #61
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just finished Johnny Lewis' book. Anybody had a read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
I already had a feeling KT was money hungry and was after money more than honor, lying to his fans etc, the books just backed that up. What he did to Johny, Mordey and others is a disgrace, ive sat down with both men and johny is the more honorable man, i would belive johny before i belived the words of KT who has lied to his fans for yrs on the retirment issue for the one sole purpose, finical gain.
I do not want to turn this into a KT bashing session (as I love the guy's amazing feats inside the ring) but I do agree with this part. As much as I respect what KT has accomplished, I have always thought the sole reason KT has never officially announced his retirement is because of his desire to "maximise" his earning potential outside the ring. The Kostya Tszyu retail line is big business, from the KT product line of boxing apparel and boxing gear, and is probably even bigger in Russia.

KT had probably made his mind up of stepping into retirement not long after the Hatton loss, but the potential to maximise his earnings through his business, has led him to somewhat deceive his fans over the past 5 years, into thinking that he had not made up his mind on retirement. I think we all know that's baloney.
SexualPanda is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #62
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

yeh your right bobby sinn....the last to unify for 3 decades.people who call kosta a dog and money hungry dont understand.kosta is and was the boss,not mordey not johnny not no one but kosta...
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #63
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
yeh your right bobby sinn....the last to unify for 3 decades.people who call kosta a dog and money hungry dont understand.kosta is and was the boss,not mordey not johnny not no one but kosta...

You can be the boss without treating people like they are nothing or robbing them. There is no excuse for it. Not saying you are making one, just pointing it out.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #64
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
Daz

yes some great stories I felt sorry for ****** he was one who should have got a shot. It was also interesting how Johnny stayed with kostya and Bill brushed him however was happy to continue promoting hitman when he left Johnny i know it was Johnny's side of the story but it must have been something close

Yeah felt very sorry for Justi after reading Johnnys book. Just wondering if you knew were the launch was tomorrow night? And why they released the book a while before the launch? I assume it was for fathers day.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #65
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ualPanda View Post
I do not want to turn this into a KT bashing session (as I love the guy's amazing feats inside the ring) but I do agree with this part. As much as I respect what KT has accomplished, I have always thought the sole reason KT has never officially announced his retirement is because of his desire to "maximise" his earning potential outside the ring. The Kostya Tszyu retail line is big business, from the KT product line of boxing apparel and boxing gear, and is probably even bigger in Russia.

KT had probably made his mind up of stepping into retirement not long after the Hatton loss, but the potential to maximise his earnings through his business, has led him to somewhat deceive his fans over the past 5 years, into thinking that he had not made up his mind on retirement. I think we all know that's baloney.
Surely nobody seriously thought he'd keep fighting after the Hatton fight
Bollox is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #66
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

He better stay retired, as he's met the 5 year requirement and will be inducted into the Australian National Boxing Hall of Fame this October 9th at the MCG.

Anyone wishing to come along and share the evening should do so.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #67
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollox View Post
Surely nobody seriously thought he'd keep fighting after the Hatton fight
I wouldn't think so, which is why I made the points above about why Kostya is still keeping the door ajar about a "potential" comeback, which we all know is baloney.

I still receive Kostya's periodic newsletters he sends to his fans, whereby he always signs off in his signature as:

"Regards,
Your Champion: Kostya
Next Fight: TBC"
SexualPanda is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #68
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He used to brew his own beer. I'm surprised it hasn't been flogged yet
Bollox is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #69
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollox View Post
He used to brew his own beer. I'm surprised it hasn't been flogged yet
'Tszyu Brew' or 'Kostyas Lager'....
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #70
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52 View Post
Yeah felt very sorry for Justi after reading Johnnys book. Just wondering if you knew were the launch was tomorrow night? And why they released the book a while before the launch? I assume it was for fathers day.

Flying fish restauraunt pyrmont 11am today not sure if it is open to the public or by invitation only though
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #71
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

There was also some great stories from Johnny's younger life and the people that helped shape his career, I Didn't realise that he brought focus pads into Aus from seing a guy OS with them, that prior to that they used 16oz gloves to catch the punches but were to slow with the quicker guys
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #72
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
There was also some great stories from Johnny's younger life and the people that helped shape his career, I Didn't realise that he brought focus pads into Aus from seing a guy OS with them, that prior to that they used 16oz gloves to catch the punches but were to slow with the quicker guys

Mate, I seem to remember "way back when" in some local gym where the trainer used Baseball Catchers gloves.
It looked sort of funny to me because most of those games played was Softball & it was considered to be a Sheila's game.

Wish I could remember who it was.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #73
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

I book marked some pages last night, KT spans throughout the later chapters in the book. I will type some of it up a bit later when ive got some time.

I honestly found it hard to put the book down but that may be because i am intrested in those types of things, i could hear johnys voice, KTs and fenechs whilst reading the book and even Mordey, it was like reading a movie. It would make a good script for a movie i rekon, some of the charachters mention i had no idea Johny knew.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #74
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ualPanda View Post

Some good points there Panda.

As for the retirement thing, that's his call as a boxer and a sportsman. Most of us have enough nouse to realise that it's extremely unlikely he'll ever get back in the ring.

But few would have predicted the comebacks of Carrothers, Rose, Gattelari, Zarate, Leonard, Briggs, and about a 1000 others - boxing is like that.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #75
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

interesting at the launch today No tszuy no fenech and no harding St Clair was his only fighter there good cross section of personalities from Rugby league to boxing to horse racing to media people
cedrichw is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum