Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Round1gymDC
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Devon Alexander was called by team Mayweather to be a sparring partner for Pacman

In a interview on allhiphop.com Devon said he was contacted to be a sparring partner the first time around when Pac and money where supposed to fight. That means that fight was pretty close to happening and Mayweather did have intentions on fighting Pac. i also heard around that time that Floyd wanted to fly out Valero as well. Judah, Valero, and alexander that would be top notch sparring. I know Freddie wanted Berto, and Bradley at one time, but both where smart enough to decline because Freddie would be studying there habits for future potential fights. for Marquez floyd flew out Lamont Petersonm, and Judah this guy gets the best sparring out there. I seen Paul Williams sparring partners, and they where all bumbs he was sending them home early, this was when he was fighting quitana the second time, and they where doing a lot of there training in DC.

Is there anybody out there who has better sparring then FLoyd?

(Would Post link but, EB seems to suspend my account for a few days when I do so)
Round1gymDC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001
Default Re: Devon Alexander was called by team Mayweather to be a sparring partner for Pacman

damn that would seriously have been epic sparring....

but all it makes me think about is that the fight didnt happen.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

vCash: 138
Default Re: Devon Alexander was called by team Mayweather to be a sparring partner for Pacman

Alexander would have been a good sparring partner for prepping for Pac.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2108

[pactard]

How dare you post this!? Don't you that Floyd was so afraid of the little Filipino that he never prepared for a fight! He was off quivering under the stairs, hugging his knees, and rocking. Hiring sparring parters?! It was a front! He knew that almost a year later some guy would post this and he didn't want to appear afraid. God knows that he could have balked at the split, the gloves, and/or the ridiculous weight penalty, but somehow he knew Pacquiao would balk at the drug testing. He knew it based on some obscure interview Manny did after losing to Barrera. Mayweathr set Pacquiao up! If Pacquiao had just accepted the drug testing, Floyd would have ran away and hidden.

Even now he's somewhere on vacation afraid. Have you seen the pics of him and Don King talking business and discussing how to make this fight happen? He's so afraid he's smiling to hide it. And the comments from Don King are just a front. He's afraid too!

[/pactard]
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

You assume that Floyd was involved personally in this and it may not be the case. It could have been his team making these calls. You really can't infer Floyd's intentions from this.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

The truth is nobody gives credit to Mayweather for at least trying to make the fight with Pac back in March. I believe he wanted either Pac or Shane for his one mega fight in 2010. The deal fell apart with Pac so Floyd went on to fight Shane which is still a huge fight - the biggest of the year from a promotional/revenue standpoint. Pac lost his chance so he'll have to wait next year. I see nothing wrong with that. My only gripe is Floyd isn't fighting twice a year but I can't be too mad if one fight is a HUGE fight. If Floyd had fought and beat Pac in March, I can almost guarantee you people would assume Floyd is ducking Shane.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
The truth is nobody gives credit to Mayweather for at least trying to make the fight with Pac back in March. I believe he wanted either Pac or Shane for his one mega fight in 2010. The deal fell apart with Pac so Floyd went on to fight Shane which is still a huge fight - the biggest of the year from a promotional/revenue standpoint. Pac lost his chance so he'll have to wait next year. I see nothing wrong with that. My only gripe is Floyd isn't fighting twice a year but I can't be too mad if one fight is a HUGE fight. If Floyd had fought and beat Pac in March, I can almost guarantee you people would assume Floyd is ducking Shane.
actually the fight in March fell apart because of a request that was made by Mayweather (and accusations), not Pacquiao.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Well you know Valero didnt play when it came to sparring. That would be incredible preperation there: Valero, Alexander and Judah!

But I wonder how Arum would have felt about Valero helping money wasnt he promoted by him?

I only hope we can see this fight happen some time soon!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

there's noone in boxing who really has a similar style to Pac and can fight like he fights. Alexander at least is a southpaw with decent handspeed and good pop
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
actually the fight in March fell apart because of a request that was made by Mayweather (and accusations), not Pacquiao.
Sorry, I don't buy it. They were offered a 50/50 split along with a 14 day cutoff window (I don't think they should receive more than 3). Very reasonable deal.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Sorry, I don't buy it. They were offered a 50/50 split along with a 14 day cutoff window (I don't think they should receive more than 3). Very reasonable deal.
There's nothing to buy or not buy.

Its a fact that the extra drug testing is what caused the fight to be cancelled.

And its a fact that Mayweather is the one who brought the extra drug testing into the equation.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2108

Quote:
there's noone in boxing who really has a similar style to Pac and can fight like he fights. Alexander at least is a southpaw with decent handspeed and good pop
There are plenty of fighters that have no defense and cherry pick opponents.

Quote:
Logic prevails!
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
Round1gymDC
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
Well you know Valero didnt play when it came to sparring. That would be incredible preperation there: Valero, Alexander and Judah!

But I wonder how Arum would have felt about Valero helping money wasnt he promoted by him?

I only hope we can see this fight happen some time soon!

Good point
Old 08-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
Round1gymDC
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Same can be said about floyd but valero is as close as it gets lol.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #15
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:
There's nothing to buy or not buy.

Its a fact that the extra drug testing is what caused the fight to be cancelled.

And its a fact that Mayweather is the one who brought the extra drug testing into the equation.
Ok, but why would you walk away from the biggest fight of the year when someone insulted you? Wouldn't that motivate you to fight him even more? Pac basically cried and ran to the principal's office. Take his ***** ass tests, prove to the world you're clean, and kick his ass in the ring. Simple. It was Team Pac's fault in the 1st round of negotiations.
gyll is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum