Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #16
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Devon Alexander was called by team Mayweather to be a sparring partner for Pacman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
The truth is nobody gives credit to Mayweather for at least trying to make the fight with Pac back in March. I believe he wanted either Pac or Shane for his one mega fight in 2010. The deal fell apart with Pac so Floyd went on to fight Shane which is still a huge fight - the biggest of the year from a promotional/revenue standpoint. Pac lost his chance so he'll have to wait next year. I see nothing wrong with that. My only gripe is Floyd isn't fighting twice a year but I can't be too mad if one fight is a HUGE fight. If Floyd had fought and beat Pac in March, I can almost guarantee you people would assume Floyd is ducking Shane.
And you believe Floyd made the earthquake in Hatti so that he could make the fight with Mosely too, right?
Hermit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #17
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Devon Alexander was called by team Mayweather to be a sparring partner for Pacman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
And you believe Floyd made the earthquake in Hatti so that he could make the fight with Mosely too, right?
It was either gonna be Pac or Shane this year because who else would Mayweather fight and be able to earn a ridiculous amount of money? Don't be silly.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #18
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

All those would have been great sparring partners for Mayweather
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #19
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
It was either gonna be Pac or Shane this year because who else would Mayweather fight and be able to earn a ridiculous amount of money? Don't be silly.
If not for the earthquake, the fight with Mosely could not have happened. You call me silly?

You lay it out like Shane was always his backup plan when it literally took an act of God to make that fight happen.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #20
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2225

Quote:
If not for the earthquake, the fight with Mosely could not have happened. You call me silly?

You lay it out like Shane was always his backup plan when it literally took an act of God to make that fight happen.
Yeah because once the earthquake happened, there was no way Mayweather could have said no. That earthquake backed him into a corner, grabbed his hand, and forced him to sign the contract. And it made him sign it before Mosley.
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #21
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Yeah because once the earthquake happened, there was no way Mayweather could have said no. That earthquake backed him into a corner, grabbed his hand, and forced him to sign the contract. And it made him sign it before Mosley.
You really don't know how to follow a thought do you? Reread the posts and try and do something other than the typical misdirection play here.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #22
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:

There is no backup plan. Fact is...or at least I believe Floyd fights anyone who is going to help him earn a huge payday. Both Pac and Mosley fit the bill. It's common sense. I don't claim to be a ****ing psychic so let's throw that out the window. But under the condition that Floyd only involves himself in lucrative fights, I can easily say he's likely to fight either of the aforementioned guys.

The Mosley-Berto bout was scheduled to happen in January. My guess is if Floyd couldn't get Pac in the ring he would've fought the winner of Shane-Berto in the Summer. I wouldn't rule out Floyd-Shane even if Mosley had been beaten by Berto since Shane has the bigger name.

Last edited by gyll; 08-06-2010 at 06:28 PM.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #23
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2225

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1962009 View Post
Funny post, till i read the highlighted bit and thought oh wot a fag...morales not barrera
What else would you expect from a Pactard!? They weren't around for that fight! Check Rudyard's sig for a couple of retarded Pactard quotes. I just followed suit.
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #24
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Edwin Valero
Leon is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #25
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

vCash: 1625

Great sparring partners for FLoyd but now he's on vacation.

Flomos are so desperate that they are still hanging on to issues from the past 6-7 months. They seem not to realize that Floyd is STILL on vacation.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #26
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Would have made for good sparring. Still will in 2011.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #27
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnoff View Post
Would have made for good sparring. Still will in 2011.
Exactly. Too bad FLoyd is still on vacation.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #28
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
Great sparring partners for FLoyd but now he's on vacation.

Flomos are so desperate that they are still hanging on to issues from the past 6-7 months. They seem not to realize that Floyd is STILL on vacation.
Desperate for what? Lol. Mayweather has been hated since he began opening his mouth as the villain of Boxing. Condemning him isn't anything new. Now if everyone all of a sudden started loving Floyd I'd be so shocked that I'd make a desperate attempt to reverse the process. I don't condone hatred but in this case it sells Boxing tickets so I say keep it coming!
gyll is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #29
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

Quote:
Desperate for what? Lol. Mayweather has been hated since he began opening his mouth as the villain of Boxing. Condemning him isn't anything new. Now if everyone all of a sudden started loving Floyd I'd be so shocked that I'd make a desperate attempt to reverse the process. I don't condone hatred but in this case it sells Boxing tickets so I say keep it coming!
That's fine. That's what he's trying to portray himself as. The modern day ali. Too bad he lacks the balls that Ali had. Ali talks the talk and walks the walk. Floyd talks the talks and goes on vacation/retirement.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #30
kobefan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round1gymDC View Post
In a interview on allhiphop.com Devon said he was contacted to be a sparring partner the first time around when Pac and money where supposed to fight. That means that fight was pretty close to happening and Mayweather did have intentions on fighting Pac. i also heard around that time that Floyd wanted to fly out Valero as well. Judah, Valero, and alexander that would be top notch sparring. I know Freddie wanted Berto, and Bradley at one time, but both where smart enough to decline because Freddie would be studying there habits for future potential fights. for Marquez floyd flew out Lamont Petersonm, and Judah this guy gets the best sparring out there. I seen Paul Williams sparring partners, and they where all bumbs he was sending them home early, this was when he was fighting quitana the second time, and they where doing a lot of there training in DC.

Is there anybody out there who has better sparring then FLoyd?

(Would Post link but, EB seems to suspend my account for a few days when I do so)
WTF?! I though Mayweather Jr said there was NO NEGOTIATIONS
kobefan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum